Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews

Overstock is a fun and challenging place to work. There is a heavy emphasis put on life-work balance. The management are approachable and friendly and place a lot of trust in the team to get the job done on their own accord. Extra training and self improvement is encouraged and the business is very transparent in their success or failure, recently success! I would recommend Overstock to someone who is looking to progress their career in tech while living somewhere with loads to offer.
Pros
Life work balance, career progression, free coffee
Working for Overstock has been a wonderful experience. They truly care about their workers and put on several special events each year to show their appreciation. I was always treated fairly in all of my interactions with managements. I felt that the attendance and time off policies were fair and equitable to everyone. There is a lack of upward mobility right now as support and supervisor roles do not come available very often. The pay, while better than minimum wage, can also be a bit low depending on the distance traveled to get to work. While they tried to arrange for mass transit to off set those costs, a majority of people come in too early or leave too late for the transportation to help.
Drama runs deep, and there are 2 groups to work with, accepted or not accepted. Advancement will happen if you move to Utah (they say). Be ready to not be heard or taken seriously if you have problems with work attitudes from both customers and coworkers.
I loved working at Overstock! The benefits are awesome and it's a great place to learn and grow both personally and professionally. The culture is fun and laid back and the hours are flexible.
This is a great place to learn but I'm afraid Overstock won't be around much longer due to uncompetitive pricing. I wouldn't spend my paycheck on stocks.
Pros
Fun Culture
Cons
It's heavy in workplace politics
Overstock has a friendly culture and a nice work-life balance I spend de last 8-year learning and specialty on leadership the do take care of their staff member
Cons
Typical work days are calm and relatively stress free. We have the same task to preform everyday with the same if not higher goal expectations. There is usually a small meeting and hourly progress checks to make sure the task at hand is accomplished within time.
Pros
Great amenities and lounging areas.
Cons
No sick time.
Nepotism, cronyism, bloated with incompetent and clicky mid level and upper management. If you're not a developer or part of the in crowd you might as well do yourself the favor now of just finding another place to work. If you ARE a developer, you better be comfortable with just getting compensated adequately for your time because your actual contributions will never be respected and likely will be tossed out as soon as they are deployed. I can't say enough BAD about this place. Incredibly sad company.
Pros
The building is gorgeous
Cons
Literally everything else
This is a good company to start at if you can play the corporate game. Politics are everything at this company. It pays to be of caucasion descent and of the local LDS faith. Look at the diversity numbers there is little to be found.
Pros
Good Benifits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Overstock?
What they claim their culture is versus reality is night and day. Employees live in fear of being next despite being lied to daily about almost everything including how well you are doing and safe you are because of that. Job security is stressful with company terminations that both happen daily and come in large waves based on decisions made by those receiving their annual bonuses while at the same time restructuring hundreds of others out of a job to save money. Those selected aren't last in first out. In fact, at times, those selected do not have counseling notices or attendance issues, but are being cut before new hires or those in the same position, making more money, with active and multiple correctives in their file. Location is not handicap friendly, entrance or exit. Unless you are a male needing to use the restroom. The one and only automated handicap access door button is on a single restroom on the bottom floor. If you are handicap and there is an emergency you must rely on the appointed safety person to escort you out. This has been a problem for over 2 years, it took over a year to get approval for the 1 bathroom.
Pros
You will learn valuable customer service skills
Cons
Perfect attendance and doing your job well won't save you.
Very stressful, deadlines, always changing direction, to many cheifs and not enough Indians. Alot of management and procedural changes. Young kids managing who have absolutely no experience or place being a manager.
Pros
Partys, concerts, huge giveaways.
Cons
Younger people managing that don't have a clue, Change of management who instead of working at the O should be working at the state prison
I enjoyed working there up until recently when things changed. Not that I don't accept change, but everything changed including attitudes towards me...
Pros
Lagoon day
Cons
Short breaks, no job security, favortism
I loved Overstock. Many great people. Management is very visible and always willing to help. Great place to work. The environment is enjoyable. Very open
The job is not bad but it is highly stressful. The calls in particular are what causes most of the stress. We are yelled at and screamed at daily. However the benefits are pretty good and it matches 6% of your 401k, full medical coverage, and employee days to take them to an amusement park.
Overall I enjoyed my time at Overstock.com. The people and the culture made work fun and the benefits were more than I could ask for. I wish there would have been more communication from upper management regarding layoffs and reconstruction.
I really enjoyed working with the Asset Management team. It was challenging work, but received amazing support. I was tasked to do things I hadn't before and it was very fulfilling to accomplish those tasks. I found the working environment very fulfilling!
Pros
Great atmosphere and culture - amenities were great!
Cons
Upper management sometimes seemed very aloof whenever problems arise. Communication could be better.
Love overstock and still do. Great place to work and often the coworkers are really nice and care about you. The only thing is there is a lot of favoritism going on in the culture. Its slowly turning into a bad work place. Even hostile sometimes.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Mto, Vto
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of favoritism
Management is a joke. If you loved high school this is the place for you. Trust no one. Careful who and what you tell, everyone is bound to know. Not all people are so bad but I learned not to be so trusting. Culture is miserable dont let them fool you
Its a new facility has a lot of roles to offer a chill environment. One of the best Manager's that I have ever worked for a real people person that cares.
Over stock was a good place to work for they treated you with respect and all the employer respectful as well nobody looked at you different they care
Pros
Break lunch and break
Cons
There are none
This job is not for me due to the poor management, sitting down for 8 hours a day being yelled at by customers. Not enough time to think. The way things worked for employees was not fair.
Pros
Vending Machines
Cons
Short breaks, poor management