Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews in Elma, WA

Elma, WA36 reviews
Overall need to be much more transparent on policies as well as procedure of how to do things. The way to go about having changes made or feeling welcome or "allowed" to say what you really think feels a little strained at times. Overall not a bad job though.. much worse you could do for minimum wage
I went into Overstock knowing what I was using it for. I'm not trying to make it a career. I'm simply just using it as a second job to boost my savings account. Customers will be customers so just hang in there.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
I tried to get in contact with someone regarding disability accommodations when I started my employment with Overstock. After 2 months of persistent inquiries, I finally got my paperwork. By then, medically necessary hospitalization and absences made me subject to termination. I quit before I was fired. If you have any type of disability that requires ADA support, do not work here.
I worked in many placed and this was by far my favorite. I loved everyone that was there and I am coming back now that my at home set up is compete. Great company and great goals!
Pros
Fun
Cons
some dont like it
Lots of lies, no communication, nepotism is at an all time high. Broken promises. "Supervisors " who don't work. HR refused to assist in supervisor change
Working here will suck your soul from your body. Would not recommend anyone ever work here unless you are DESPERATE and it’s temporary only. Almost all the people I worked with are gone and they all regret the time they poured into this awful company.
Mandatory overtime the entire Summer and now during the major holidays
Regular employees are being punished by Management and HR's incompetency of not being able to hire and keep employee's.

It's a known fact in a call center business if you stop hiring you might as well close your doors permanently due to the high turnover.

You also need to change your point system, you hire people with issues that are clearly explained during the interview and when they have to go for treatments or other reasons you fire them due to occurring absenteeism, and of course you call it job abandonment.

This isn't the military. New hires do not get their schedule until after the 4th Week, how do you expect someone to stay if they don't know their long term schedule, and you expect them to work any days and any hours.

Your PTO needs to be over hauled and doubled to accommodate real life issues and you need to treat your employees with the same compassion the employees treat your customers.
Great place to work! Nice managers and great facilities. My co-workers were great. Lots of advancement opportunities. My only regret is leaving, for what seemed like a better job. Hindsight is always 20/20.
When you finally get what was promised over a year earlier, surprise! No pay raise whatsoever. Despite the fact that you are doing the duties of about three people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Overstock?
Promise to move into other positions but not from customer service to Administration unless from Utah. Did advance in customer service fast to stall out in 9 months.
This is a wonderful place to work, but the opportunities for advancement are few and far between. Management loves to tell you things in such an obscure way, they never tell you anything at all.
Training was the best part of the whole job, however they did not allow you to do many of the potential phone calls you would receive on the floor. Coworkers were great, management was amazing, but customers 7 times out of 10 were brutal.
Meh. Don't work here if you live more than 20 minutes away. They don't pay enough for the commute. That is all I'm going to say about the work. The company is okay, but the competition is beating them out on several levels.
The customers are great. All the management is worthless. They don't want to help you they like to watch you fail. You have a question about a change they say they will get back to you and they never do. Thing are always changing and you can not keep up.
I was at the Elma, WA call center. They've fired 90% of the people I knew there, for really STUPID reasons. They treat employees like trash. I don't recommend this place as an employer.
Call center customer service can be tough if you let if get to you. Some people are just mad. I would have done much better if I had fully understood the attendance policy.
Pros
Free concerts
Cons
timing to the second
When you go through training they only teach you their way of talking to people, and don't really teach you the way to handle problems when they come up, and most of the time is spent playing games and having cook events and it all seems like they really are a fun workplace. But then class ends and you get thrown out on the floor with basically no knowledge. You are supposed to just learn as you go, but when you need help all you get is told do whatever the customer is asking even if it's not the right thing to do. If you suck up to the right people you will go far even if you aren't a good agent. But even if your a great agent and your stats speak for themselves it doesn't matter unless your in with the right people .
Pros
Club o bonuses.
Cons
Everything else .
This company doesn’t care about their employees they hire people with disabilities and even cancer and then when they use their point and call out make them feel lik they have to quit or fire them I used to love it when I first started so much help and recognition for employees then they started just firing people agents and supervisors you never know if your job is in jeopardy or not you have to me kissing manage,ents butt to get anywhere in the company and then they can also demote you for any reason they feel necessary or fire you they send out overtime which of course no one minds working overtime extra money but if you don’t sign up they sign u up for whatever hours they want and make it amdatory you get there fo your shift and a couple hours in they make it mandatory overtime so you worker longer than your normal shift with no advance knowledge or anything just bam that same day you now are working overtime there is no support for reps on the floor oh did i mention they fired a bunch of people and then gave everyone free hours (floating holidays) as they call it overall the company has become a joke pays well but not enough to live on either
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Asked for new direct supervisor due to her unprofessionalism and was told to "try to swap shifts" and see if that works out for you. Hypocrisy and nepotism are high. I would never go back.
Cons
Working for Overstock has been a wonderful experience. They truly care about their workers and put on several special events each year to show their appreciation. I was always treated fairly in all of my interactions with managements. I felt that the attendance and time off policies were fair and equitable to everyone. There is a lack of upward mobility right now as support and supervisor roles do not come available very often. The pay, while better than minimum wage, can also be a bit low depending on the distance traveled to get to work. While they tried to arrange for mass transit to off set those costs, a majority of people come in too early or leave too late for the transportation to help.
Drama runs deep, and there are 2 groups to work with, accepted or not accepted. Advancement will happen if you move to Utah (they say). Be ready to not be heard or taken seriously if you have problems with work attitudes from both customers and coworkers.