Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Salt Lake City, UT170 reviews
I worked there 6 years ago. i don't remember much about working there. it was hot and a fast paced job is all that i remember. didn't stay there long at all.
I enjoyed my experience at Overstock. My technical and manager support was 5 star. Both customer and employees needs were top priority. Great place to work.
Pros
In office many potlucks and company parties with gift give away.
Cons
In house training for 3 days can turn into weeks. Long commute.
Management does not care to see you succeed. Their workforce is not fair and does not care to work with people and their lives outside work. You get treated unfairly unless you made it in with the “in-crowd” the only good things working there are the company stand ups and they do things for the employees every so often.
Had the freedom to identify and deliver solutions to ensure the company objectives were being met. Company was very busy at numerous times trying to identify strategies to grow.
I've been with Overstock for over 10 years in various positions and their current leadership within retail is, by far, the strongest it's ever been. If you work hard, stay positive (yet realistic) you will love it
Very political. Favoritism was all over the company. If you didn't know someone in a high-level role you wouldn't get promoted. I really liked my coworkers.
Events and Benefits were Top Notch. Work life balance was ideal. Merit increases and career growth opportunities were minimal. Future of the company seems unstable.
Assist customers to the best of ability, constantly yelled at and treated less like a person. Management does not care about there employees or if they succeed, not a place to work if you like being treated like less of a person
for those with strong technology or data analytics backgrounds, overstock is a great place to work on impactful projects with opportunities for advancement. if your skillset lies outside of those areas, you may have a different experience
Company says they promote home/work balance unless it’s a holiday and then they’ll cut half the employees after Black Friday not a great place to work
Low pay at. Start at $13 for anything cross trained throughout the wearhouse exception to becoming a forklift/eletric pallet jack operator. However love the coworkers and managment. Great place to learn basic wearhouse experience and gain certifications to help get paid more somewhere else.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at overstock but they are heavily strict on tardiness, I was enjoying my time there and everything but I was late by only 5 minutes and they ended up firing me over that. If you can dedicate ALL your time to this place then it's certainly the place for you but if you're a student or a part of anything that may interfere with work? Definitely wouldn't recommend. Managers only care about your numbers and attendance, you're not a person to anyone there.
The company gets a lot of bad rap but there are some really talented people there that have a chance to change things around. I wish they hadn't had to lay off so many people last year. It really put a sour feeling to my tenure. I don't like the way the blockchain teams are treated seemingly more favorably to the retail teams. However, a lot of cool amenities. They really do have some amazingly smart people and it can be a really fun place to work.
I love working for Overstock , they take care of there employees. This is the second time working for overstock and they accepted me right back. Overstock is an amazing place to work.
Overstock is a great place to get your foot in the door with e-commerce. However, once you feel yourself advancing, growing, and ready to take on next-level challenges and responsibilities, it's best to leave. You're more likely to find career advancement elsewhere. While you're there, you might work very hard, do a great job, and still never recieve recognition or positive feedback from your superiors, who are too busy trying to be liked rather than respected.
the management is awful... just don’t work here.
You never know if you will be laid off. You dont know what executive will hire a relative to fill a position.
Pros
building, gym, on site dr
Cons
management
I LOVED my job there, so much, I went back for a second time. Great people, they just decided to go away with the PMO. They gave me a great opportunity to grow and learn, and that's what really matters.
Pros
Great building, great cafeteria, some of the best people around
Overstock is the best work I ever had. I love the flexible schedule, the management type, the culture, the benefits and all the activities they have to keep the team together.
The work culture died when new upper company managers hired on.
Change in company cost/forced 600 people to quit or fired. (To be fair most people were just worked there for the paycheck and not really helping the company. There were a lot of good people there still.)

Lack of support from Managers.

It felt like they were weeding out people.

Wrap up was 20 secs if not forced back in by managers

Micro Managing

Typical call center rules

PTO can only be used if you have enough. No unpaid time off

Angry customers.

No empathy or sympathy for employees, but expected to give customers sympathy/empathy.

Pros: VTO, Off the phones for meetings. Managers were easy to talk to

Cons: 30 min lunches and everything else.
They value their employees. Fun work environment and great people to work with. Hardest part of my job is relaying the hard message to the customer. Funniest is making the friends and they become family.
I loved working at Overstock! The benefits are awesome and it's a great place to learn and grow both personally and professionally. The culture is fun and laid back and the hours are flexible.