Overstock
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good company to work for. Training was excellent and taught you everything you needed to know to assist customers. Management was always there to help out when needed. Good company and products.
I enjoyed my experience at Overstock. My technical and manager support was 5 star. Both customer and employees needs were top priority. Great place to work.
Pros
In office many potlucks and company parties with gift give away.
Cons
In house training for 3 days can turn into weeks. Long commute.
I went into Overstock knowing what I was using it for. I'm not trying to make it a career. I'm simply just using it as a second job to boost my savings account. Customers will be customers so just hang in there.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
I tried to get in contact with someone regarding disability accommodations when I started my employment with Overstock. After 2 months of persistent inquiries, I finally got my paperwork. By then, medically necessary hospitalization and absences made me subject to termination. I quit before I was fired. If you have any type of disability that requires ADA support, do not work here.
Assist customers to the best of ability, constantly yelled at and treated less like a person. Management does not care about there employees or if they succeed, not a place to work if you like being treated like less of a person
Working here will suck your soul from your body. Would not recommend anyone ever work here unless you are DESPERATE and it’s temporary only. Almost all the people I worked with are gone and they all regret the time they poured into this awful company.
Mandatory overtime the entire Summer and now during the major holidays Regular employees are being punished by Management and HR's incompetency of not being able to hire and keep employee's. It's a known fact in a call center business if you stop hiring you might as well close your doors permanently due to the high turnover. You also need to change your point system, you hire people with issues that are clearly explained during the interview and when they have to go for treatments or other reasons you fire them due to occurring absenteeism, and of course you call it job abandonment. This isn't the military. New hires do not get their schedule until after the 4th Week, how do you expect someone to stay if they don't know their long term schedule, and you expect them to work any days and any hours. Your PTO needs to be over hauled and doubled to accommodate real life issues and you need to treat your employees with the same compassion the employees treat your customers.
Great place to work! Nice managers and great facilities. My co-workers were great. Lots of advancement opportunities. My only regret is leaving, for what seemed like a better job. Hindsight is always 20/20.
When you finally get what was promised over a year earlier, surprise! No pay raise whatsoever. Despite the fact that you are doing the duties of about three people.
Promise to move into other positions but not from customer service to Administration unless from Utah. Did advance in customer service fast to stall out in 9 months.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at overstock but they are heavily strict on tardiness, I was enjoying my time there and everything but I was late by only 5 minutes and they ended up firing me over that. If you can dedicate ALL your time to this place then it's certainly the place for you but if you're a student or a part of anything that may interfere with work? Definitely wouldn't recommend. Managers only care about your numbers and attendance, you're not a person to anyone there.
I was in constant fear of losing my job and always heard upper managenemt talking about agents on the floor . It was a upsetting atmosphere. It was like being on pins and needles . I loved helping cuswtomer over the phone but the team leaders made it very hard to concentrate on work.
I love working for Overstock , they take care of there employees. This is the second time working for overstock and they accepted me right back. Overstock is an amazing place to work.
This is a wonderful place to work, but the opportunities for advancement are few and far between. Management loves to tell you things in such an obscure way, they never tell you anything at all.
Meh. Don't work here if you live more than 20 minutes away. They don't pay enough for the commute. That is all I'm going to say about the work. The company is okay, but the competition is beating them out on several levels.
They value their employees. Fun work environment and great people to work with. Hardest part of my job is relaying the hard message to the customer. Funniest is making the friends and they become family.
When you go through training they only teach you their way of talking to people, and don't really teach you the way to handle problems when they come up, and most of the time is spent playing games and having cook events and it all seems like they really are a fun workplace. But then class ends and you get thrown out on the floor with basically no knowledge. You are supposed to just learn as you go, but when you need help all you get is told do whatever the customer is asking even if it's not the right thing to do. If you suck up to the right people you will go far even if you aren't a good agent. But even if your a great agent and your stats speak for themselves it doesn't matter unless your in with the right people .
Pros
Club o bonuses.
Cons
Everything else .
I enjoyed working there up until recently when things changed. Not that I don't accept change, but everything changed including attitudes towards me...
Pros
Lagoon day
Cons
Short breaks, no job security, favortism
Was a nice to place to work - easy too! Just had a lot of personal problems going on that jeopardized my obligations to be able to work without any issues - so I resigned.
This is a high stress job because people are calling in with problems and sometimes they are very mean and crabby. People can be very foul unless you can just forget it and let it slide off then this is not a good job for you.
I actually really loved working there but the carpel tunnel in my hand got bad to where I couldn’t move. So unfortunately I had to quit that job because typing wasn’t my friend. Really recommend working here the 401k plan is amazing. All around it’s a great job and solid people training you
Pros
Super nice people