Overstock
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews for Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer2 reviews
Ireland2 reviews
I have been working at Overstock in Sligo office for more than a year and It is a good place to work with great minds. People here are very smart,collaborative and willing to share/guide with such humility. Office culture is amazing thanks to the management. They really understand the value of Trust, Life Work Balance and actually respect that. Here I can clearly see the extra miles they go wherever possible to make Overstock a better place for work and they are genuinely interested in employees' well being. I feel fortunate working at Overstock.
Fantastic company to work for with the attitude and technology that you'd come to expect from the top tech companies around the world. I moved from a city job with a very good company to get back to the West coast and I'm 100% happy with the move. Day to day work involves rapid development and deployment of well thought out features over a number of microservices. We get regular feedback and guidance from key stakeholders. Decisions on any new technologies we'd like to try are made within the team. Great attitude within the team. We also work well with other teams as needed and management are extremely open and honest in their decision making. For me the best part of the job is the honest focus on employees having a good work-life balance and enjoying their time at work. Lunch times often include a dip in the Atlantic or a long run through the trails. Definitely worth consideration and you may be surprised at the quality of life and work available away from the big cities.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Flexibility, Strong Tech
Cons
More tech companies in Sligo would be great