Overstock
Coronavirus update

Overstock Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Software Engineer5 reviews
Ireland5 reviews
I have worked in Overstock Ireland for over a year now. I have found it to be a brilliant company that offers the opportunity to learn everyday. There are always resources available such as books and training options, however you are also exposed to a variety of projects and domains regularly. There is a heavy emphasis on work-life balance and the company also focuses on success through diversity and culture. There are groups dedicated to empowering and promoting women in technology. I'm really enjoying my time here so far.
It's an excellent company to work for, they have nice offices. Great people to work with. Good opportunities to grow, transparency and technical excellence.
Overstock is an excellent place to work, you get the opportunity to learn and grow in a comfortable environment. There is a lot of work put into culture and work/life balance to make sure people are making the most of time at work and home.

I really enjoy the people, the new office and the work that I do. Overstock acknowledge efforts and are always helping you achieve your personal career goals.
Overstock Ireland is a wonderful place to work. It has a laid back, collaborative environment with a big focus on continuous learning and development. As an intern I was given the opportunity to start working on real stories very quickly, while still not being under pressure and learning at my own pace. I was also given the opportunity to work on multiple teams to get experience in different areas.

The tech stack is very interesting and cutting edge and there is an encouragement to explore new tech applicable to a project. I finished my internship having gained a lot of experience in current and in demand technologies.
Pros
Relaxed, supportive atmosphere.
Cons
Sligo is a beautiful but small town and may not be for everyone.
Relocating to Sligo town from a much bigger city for the role in Overstock Ireland was a big decision in itself. After working at my current role here for over a year, I could say without a shadow of a doubt that it did definitely pay off.
The perks of living in a smaller town such as less traffic and cheaper accommodation closer to the office is a big advantage on its own. However, this is foreshadowed by what Overstock Ireland had to offer.

The tech stack overstock uses is really challenging and cutting edge. Being strong advocates of microservice architecture, CI/CD and containerized apps(docker, k8s) we are not limited to using one programming language and dev teams have freedom in using whichever language/framework they desire.

Overstock Ireland provides a great work-life balance. We have very flexible hours, flexible work schedules and a relaxed work culture most people envy.

The management is quite open and transparent and is easily approachable. The management team with most of them having a technical background has scaled well in their current roles. In where ever they are lacking we could see that they are making a sincere effort to improve.

The most I enjoy about the role in Overstock Ireland is the opportunity to learn something new every day. I am learning something new every day.
Pros
Cutting edge tech, real work life balance
Cons
The salary isn't as high as in big cities such as Dublin, however the difference in the living expenses and accomodation makes up for this.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overstock. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9