Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,410 reviews
Very well organized Charity Shop with a wide variety of clothes, shoes, accessories, household utensils, books and toys at an affordable price. Very friendly staff and a comfortable place to go shopping.
Very results oriented. If you dont get people signed up, you will be fired sooner rather than later. If youre good at it though, you can just hang out all day and have fun.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Hard
They expect more than you can give and never reward for your effort. I witnessed racist remarks and bullying on a daily basis. You tread on eggshells as you fear you will be involved in the next argument.
Pros
Pay per hour is good but no overtime pay but they expect you to work
Cons
Too many to mention
Brinda oportunidadra de desarrollo personal y profesional y de contribuir a la lucha contra la pobreza
Pros
Buenas condiciones de trabajo
Cons
Fuerte demanda de trabajo
I volunteered in Oxfam and it was great. Everyone was patient and kind learnt a lot about patience and hard work. I discovered the skills to quickly adapt to certain situations due to the multiple roles given to me when short on staff, however it was a great experience.
Friendly and warm environment with a wide variety of ages and ethnicities to expand your open mindedness to change and new people. Good learning experience.
Pros
Great for becoming open minded and picking up new skills
Cons
Some customers take advantage of the prices, ask for lower
I love working at oxfam friendly people I am helpful caring I am good at my work I work really hard on the till it helps people who are really poor and need water and food and clothes 9
Good for college kids looking for some extra money or sales experience. Don't do it full time for a living, especially outside Dublin. Not for meek people, you will be stuck in the rain for 8 hours a day and at some point you'll probably have to argue with management. Colleagues are always cool people though.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Erratic management
I think it is a good way of getting retail experience. You don’t get paid as it is volunteering but you get paid for the food and travel expenses. There are many things you have to deal with but the managers are really friendly and are always ready to help you. Colleagues that I worked with are all very nice. An amazing place to work with and great people too.
Pros
Retail experience, great environment, great people and managers
Cons
Not paid
This was an okay place too work at and they treated us quite well however it was voulenteeeing so I would like to look for a paid job in the future thanks
Bad
Good
I really enjoyed my time at Oxfam as I felt very welcome. If I ever needed help there was always someone there to help me and I felt very comfortable asking whoever was there. I had fun and I learn a lot of basic things.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Repetitive
Hermoso trabajo. Personas increibles que nos apoyamos para lograr un grupo maravilloso. Empatia. Buenisima energia. Super feliz de ser parte de Oxfam.
I really enjoyed my time volunteering with oxfam, the people both staff and customers are lovely and it’s not high stress work at all. It’s also a great place to start off if you’re looking to go into charity work.
Pros
Cons
CEOs
Gave me the confidence in customer interaction that I lacked previously, as well as good experience in stock checking, organising, etc. The staff were friendly and a pleasure to work with.
Jamás había conocido gente tan generosa luchando por los derechos humanos. Unos jefes maravillosos. Comprensivos que unen al equipo. Que están pendientes para que tengamos nuestro ánimo y ganas de hacerlo lo mejor posible. Por esos gente que no tiene
Pros
Todo a su favor, son los mejores.
Cons
Ninguna
Lovely place to volunteer, and a good place to gain work experience in retail. Working in one of their bookshops taught me so much about retail in general, along with how to value older books and their other volunteers are all lovely people.Pretty much able to volunteer whenever I liked.
L'oxfam est un groupe qui regroupe plus plus 400 jeunes dans une commune au benin..cette organisation mets en oeuvre au jeunes des formation gratuite en entreprenariat,
Pros
Repat gratuit, boisson gratuit, formation gratuit, atelier gratuit.
Cons
Pas de point negatif souligné
The managers were very supportive and the work environment overall was very encouraging and accepting of all people. upper staff often made us tea while we were working early morning shifts at the register.
Good place to gain experience of selling Used, preowned items online . Aldo writing inventory after intense research & posting it live @) Organise postage and packaging to customer using online Royal Mail business accounts. Fantastic skill to learn - issue no location for job skill on Anglesey-north Wales !!!!
Pros
They pay approximately 5.00 for lunch @)
Cons
No pay-As voluntary (No job offer with oxfam)
The work load was stressful. Having to juggle 80 different jobs at once The Team were okay and we had a good laugh. There was one person who did out of order behaviour and the store manager refused to deal with it even when I raised my concerns
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Not Listened to
Conclusive was the experience n I have worked on various projects with Oxfam throughout the years aswell as volunteering as a shop assistant . All very commendable experience very grateful.
Pros
Experience