Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews in Galway

Galway5 reviews
I worked as an se scheme. i really enjoyed the job and the people i meet there. It was a fun job. But i was only getting paid from welfare so i worked in oxfam for one year i would have stayed on if there was an opportunity too.
Pros
Good place to work no stress
Cons
You couldn't stay on after the scheme
Good for college kids looking for some extra money or sales experience. Don't do it full time for a living, especially outside Dublin. Not for meek people, you will be stuck in the rain for 8 hours a day and at some point you'll probably have to argue with management. Colleagues are always cool people though.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Erratic management
Its a great place to work at .Clearly focused on and trying to continue to improve on the development of employees Great working atmosphere and a good bit of banter Loads of social events throughout the year. They listen to employees - there was a staff survey and they took it so seriously and enforced a lot of immediate things and are continually working on implementing more things, so it's impressive to see in an organisation
Pros
it has a nice work environment and is a great starting job to gain some experience"
Cons
"Don't hope for career progression within Oxfam via this route
We don't have a typical day at work, every day is different and I like this. I am learning a new things every day. I have a good management who trust on me. I like to meet different persons. We dont have a hardest part of the job. There is a great ambience.
Pros
good management, great ambience
Cons
nothing
Volunteer work:
I find Oxfam to be a very fun place to work where the display and customer satisfaction is the main focus its the hours are not that long and there is always something to do
Pros
Very nice enviroment to be in