Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews for Fundraiser

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 2,277 reviews
Not recommended
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 November 2019
I was working at Oxfam for a week. I came home most days very wet (it rained almost every day) and I don't know how I didn't catch a cold. The work environment is good, but sometimes it's stressful when someone gets a signature and you still don't have one or when everyone is waiting for you to get one so they can go home. There's pressure sometimes.

The bosses are nice for the most part, they helped me a lot in everything I needed. They gave us free food and drinks sometimes. They paid for our training. Good pays (11,11E/h the first 20 days and after that 13,13E/h, but is very hard to arrive there).

The worst, the weather conditions you have to face (no matter what the weather, you're going to have to go out there the same), the pressure from the targets and the general rejection. You have to deal with very unpleasant people who sometimes don't even open the door when they see you're Oxfam, they just make gestures of rejection that make you feel terrible. I always thought everyone exaggerated about it, but 8 hours of rejection ends up generating frustration for anyone.

Recommended ONLY if you know how to sell.
it"s Okay
Door-to-Door Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2019
So far you're constantly hitting your target it's a fun and nice place to work. There's no tension in the work environment. There's a high rate of staff turn over for the door-to-door fundraiser.
if you're showing prospect you can become a team leader and earn a slightly higher salary and performance related pay.
Pros
Job is flexible, especially for students in college
Cons
working in outdoor conditions, the pressure as it is a target based driven job same with any job in this category
Good Job if you're a salesperson, but tough
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 January 2019
Decent pay with bonuses. Rewarding job, decent management to help, a good team to help you as well. Biggest issue is the job itself. Its hard to sell charity outside for 8 hours a day, as well as the fact you're talking about very harrowing stories so can have an effect on mental health.
Warm Atmosphere
DIRECT DIALOGUE FUNDRAISER (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2018
The atmosphere among the staff was very warm and friendly, and there was a good vibe to be felt around the office. The managers mixed with their employees and managed to create strong work relationships with the emplyees.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Stressful fundraising demands
Nice People
Fundraiser Door to Door (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 April 2017
Oxfam is a place with nice people to work with, I learned a lot with people there. I also could improve my english very much in a short period of time.
The work is very hard though. Spend long hours on the streets talking to people that do not want to talk to you and receiving loads of negative answers is one of the hardest parts of the work.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
long hours on the street
Terrible place to work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin Bay, County Dublin10 April 2017
I was let go after one week due to not getting the donors. I feel i wasnt giving enough time and effort to get the skills I required. They never gave me the proper chance to blossom in the company.
Fun
Not a respected job
Negative impact on public
Well organised
Reliable management
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Outdoors job
Good environment work place
Door to Door Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Dublin 44 September 2015
Oxfam overall was a fun place to work in, with really good employees who would help you with anything and who would take the time to share few jokes with you to lighten up the work environment. I learned so much from there and they are really doing a great job in helping people all over the world who are in need. I am happy I was able to help out with the Nepal disaster during my time there by bringing in donations. I would have never thought of doing it on my own had not the managers in Oxfam inspired me and motivated me. They have really good team leaders and Managers to keep their work going. Everybody there was friendly and helpful. A really good charity company I would say. It is because of Oxfam that I am able to gain so much confidence and become a better person both personally and professionally. Our fundraising department had the best bunch of people I ever met in my life. Everybody was so dedicated and passionate about their job that they inspired me so much and I was able to work alongside them with the same energy as them. I am really glad I got the opportunity to work in such a positive and healthy work place like Oxfam.
Pros
Free coffee and sometimes food, lively and vibrant work place, positive people around