Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant17 reviews
Ireland17 reviews
I really enjoyed working for oxfam
I worked as an se scheme. i really enjoyed the job and the people i meet there. It was a fun job. But i was only getting paid from welfare so i worked in oxfam for one year i would have stayed on if there was an opportunity too.
Pros
Good place to work no stress
Cons
You couldn't stay on after the scheme
productive and fun workplace
doing work experiance was really interesting and fun everyone was so nice and friendly. i learned how to rotate the stock of clothes and label clothes. All the workers where really nice
Fun and rewarding
I worked there as a volunteer. The Manager was brilliant and the workplace culture was friendly and welcoming. The most enjoyable part was knowing the sales were going to a good cause.
Great Starting Place
Learned a lot from all the staff in Oxford and learn more about how to deal with people.
Still good friends with many of the people i worked with.

Learned a lot about dealing with cash
Pros
All Friendly People
Great Charity Shop
Oxfam is a great Charity Shop where I had my first opportunity to start working as sales assistant and stockroom and it has been providing me a valuable experience to my future.
Sales Assistant
Its a great place to work at .Clearly focused on and trying to continue to improve on the development of employees Great working atmosphere and a good bit of banter Loads of social events throughout the year. They listen to employees - there was a staff survey and they took it so seriously and enforced a lot of immediate things and are continually working on implementing more things, so it's impressive to see in an organisation
Pros
it has a nice work environment and is a great starting job to gain some experience"
Cons
"Don't hope for career progression within Oxfam via this route
You meet lots of friendly people who are helpul.
I was a volunteer worker which i enjoyed.
You meet new friend's who are fun and caring. If you are stuck they are there to help.

You learn how to work tills which can be difficult.
Pros
People are friendly
Fun and productive
A very fun, vibrant and brilliant place to work. Every moment is enjoyable as well as productive. The staff are very kind to work with and the managers are always there to help you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Oxfam?
Good and busy enviroment
Good place to work in, meeting new people and improve personal skills.

My duties was always focused on customers, that a why I learned how to deal with all kind of customers, that sometimes were rude.

Thanks to the manager to my colleagues and, most of all, to the consumers, I enjoyed every hour working in the shop.
Pros
International environment
Cons
No salary
Productive and fun work place.
I really enjoyed volunteering here, I got to meet many new people and we really worked well together as a team. My typical day at work would have been going threw donations and organising what we could actually sell, making sure items were clean and ironed, I then labelled and priced different donations and then organised them in the shop.
Pros
I enjoyed feeling helpful.
Productive and fun loving people
I enjoy working as a volunteer in the shop, I learnt how to operate the till, customer service etc. My co-worker are very helpful and my manager is wonderful and kind person.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Productive and a fun workplace
On a Saturday morning, I would usually operate the till and communicate with the customers. I learned how to operate a till and to stock take.
All the staff were really nice , and I found it easy to get along with them.

The hardest part of the job at first was to interact with the customers, but as the weeks went on I loved it.

The most enjoyable part was , going in and interacting with the customers and the staff.
Pros
Lovely Staff
Productive Workplace
A typical day at work would consist of steaming clothes before placing them on hangers to be sold in the shop. I learned how to use the cash register and to deal with customers on a daily basis and assist them when shopping for clothes. The shop was a run in a productive, ideal environment which was suitable for the consumer. The shop usually had about six helpful and knowledgeable assistants working there at a time who were always keen to help out. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting used to the way the shop worked and understanding the order of the clothes. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be gaining experience and having the opportunity to work in well run shop.
organised, reliable, good work enviroment
I have experience in Sales and as a Administrative Assistant more than 6 years.
In the last 6 months I was working as a volunteer at Oxfam

Advanced English and intermediate computer skills.

Ability to work to deadlines. Ease of communication and experience in public relations. Very polite, patient, focused, flexible and fast learner. Possessing an enthusiastic friendly and outgoing personality.

Keen to develop professionally and constantly looking to maintain high personal standards.
Fun place to work
I had great time working there, even though its a voluntary work. I like to work with customers and interacting with them.
I work from 10am to 2pm. I go in, put my stuff away and start by cleaning up the place to make sure the customers comes in and have a nice time purchasing items.

I learned that you have to be patient with some customers, and that not all of them are aware where the items in the shop are from.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers, we got along very well and i learnt a lot from them while i worked there.

The best time i had there, was simply just serving the customer and seeing the satisfaction from there faces when they leave the shop and getting along with my co-workers.
Friendly, Helpful work place
During my time working in Oxfam I had to price goods, create different displays and put away stock. I would deal with customer complaints and help them customers choose products. I also had to ensure that the donations we recieved were of good quality and condition for resale.

I learned how to deal with customers, improved some of my skills and work within a quite busy environment.

My Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. They showed me how to do everything within the shop as it was all done on a daily basis.

The hardest part of the job was watching indesirables and make sure thy weren't shop lifting.

The part of the job I enjoyed the most was meeting new people, working part of a team and hitting targets.
fun working place
i have learn a lot eg dealing with customers day in day out. the management is great love it and my co workers are friendly. the hardest part of the job is to try and traslate to someone who english is not their first language. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different types of people everyday i enjoy that because it is also a challenge for me.
Cons
part time