Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Volunteer9 reviews
Ireland9 reviews
I have been working on Oxfam for six months and is great fun. The managers are lovely and helpful. The costumers are very nice too.
And I like to know I am doing something special, not only for the people the I am helping giving some hours of my time but also is special for myself. I really like the workplace in Oxfam.
Oxfam make me happy and useful. There I can 0ratice English and meet people, my manager is a lovely person. This work is voluntary. For me is the best because I can help people.
Pros
Practice English
We don't have a typical day at work, every day is different and I like this. I am learning a new things every day. I have a good management who trust on me. I like to meet different persons. We dont have a hardest part of the job. There is a great ambience.
Pros
good management, great ambience
Cons
nothing
A typical day is compost to organize the shop, to attendance the customers, to move furniture, to make electrical tests and electric donations e activities of cashier.
working in Oxfam should me how to price things and work in a volunteer environment which is good. you also work in a team. it is a fun and enjoyable environment to be in.
My time volunteering at Oxfam was great I learned a lot on how a charity organisation works and how to apart of a business and I would do it again
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Good team spirit and very good collegues. I learnt to be cooperative and be kind to my work collegues as well the management was very good to the staff. The hardest part of the job was monitoring shop lifters and the most enjoyable part of the job was the communication we each had with each other in the work place.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
The atmosphere was always friendly and welcoming at work. It was nice to know more about Oxfam as time went on and how they helped those who needed them most
I was responsible for the Visual Merchandising, Store Design and shop assistance during my volunteering in the shop.
The volunteer was 2 or 1 day per week during the morning.

The most enjoyable was that a met a lot of nice people and was the right place to improve my English.