Oxfam

Oxfam Culture reviews

Working here just over a year now the nicest place to be everyone is so nice and get in well together management is great and very understanding could not fault them at all
Pros
Love it here
Cons
None at all
It is a nice place to work, but it is charity so I wasn't paid to work. The environment is nice, relaxed and good management, afterall is a good place to work in the weekend or for who like do charity.
loved working here great staff and meeting new people every day everyone was friendly and happy to help felt like i was out with friends and not in work every day
A nice atmosphere to work with lots of skills gained. work as customer service as part of my work experience from college recommendation. its was a great place to work.
Though it is a charity, Oxfam's culture is still one of targets, targets, targets, targets. The team leaders get punished if their group is not up to standard and often so the team. You are encouraged to keep trying to pursuade people despite their persistant 'no' response. The people were pretty nice to work with but the stress was not work the money.
Cons
Like working here as the work gets done and friendly staff and management. Good customer service. You learn so much here. You can work as part of a team and use your own iniative.
Pros
Friendly staff. Good management.
Cons
Unpaid volunteer work.
So far you're constantly hitting your target it's a fun and nice place to work. There's no tension in the work environment. There's a high rate of staff turn over for the door-to-door fundraiser. if you're showing prospect you can become a team leader and earn a slightly higher salary and performance related pay.
Pros
Job is flexible, especially for students in college
Cons
working in outdoor conditions, the pressure as it is a target based driven job same with any job in this category
I have been working on Oxfam for six months and is great fun. The managers are lovely and helpful. The costumers are very nice too. And I like to know I am doing something special, not only for the people the I am helping giving some hours of my time but also is special for myself. I really like the workplace in Oxfam.
doing work experiance was really interesting and fun everyone was so nice and friendly. i learned how to rotate the stock of clothes and label clothes. All the workers where really nice
The work is enjoyable and engaging, every day is different. I have learned many valuable new skills. The management team is very supportive. This is a fun and productive place to work.
Expérience super constructif, qui ma permis d'amélioré mon niveau en langue
Pros
location
Cons
pas de revenu
It is volunteer work, easy and enjoyable. It is a joy working with the people that come in and staff are amazing. Typical day consisted of organising clothes that were brought in, tagging and pricing them and taking turns on the cashier and interacting with the customers.
Pros
Amazing customers
Cons
No pay but long hours
I worked there as a volunteer. The Manager was brilliant and the workplace culture was friendly and welcoming. The most enjoyable part was knowing the sales were going to a good cause.
Stage humanitaire : très bon management et une très bonne expérience humaine avec un enrichissement aussi bien professionnel que personnel. Aucune opportunité de développement au sein de l'entreprise ou sinon très compliqué. Aspect difficile : travail très épuisant Aspect agréable : une équipe très soudé et motivant
Pros
Très bonne expérience humaine
Cons
Aucun salaire
Early morning start leading to a tiring day depending on hours. Pleasant staff. I learned communication and team work is important. Managing the stock was hard when a lot came in at once.
This shop provides local people of all cultures the opportunity to help the community. By taking in and managing stock I learned that organisation is vital. The pleasant staff hightened my overall experience.
I was a volunteer worker which i enjoyed. You meet new friend's who are fun and caring. If you are stuck they are there to help. You learn how to work tills which can be difficult.
Pros
People are friendly
We don't have a typical day at work, every day is different and I like this. I am learning a new things every day. I have a good management who trust on me. I like to meet different persons. We dont have a hardest part of the job. There is a great ambience.
Pros
good management, great ambience
Cons
nothing
A very fun, vibrant and brilliant place to work. Every moment is enjoyable as well as productive. The staff are very kind to work with and the managers are always there to help you.
working in Oxfam should me how to price things and work in a volunteer environment which is good. you also work in a team. it is a fun and enjoyable environment to be in.
A Oxfam é uma organização humanitária, que ajuda principalmente as crianças da África, possibilitando o acesso a água, alimentos, educação, etc. Então, minhas atividades eram diversas, variando entre: angariar fundos nas ruas, recolher doações como roupas, atuar como caixa e vendedor nas lojas da Oxfam, Neste emprego, eu aprendi a me relacionar melhor com os mais diversos tipos de pessoas, pois na Oxfam, trabalha-se pessoas do mundo inteiro. A gerência era bastante tranquila, me proporcionando autonomia. A parte mais fácil do trabalho era trabalhar na loja, e a mais difícil era angariar fundos.
Pros
Multiculturalidade