Oxfam

Oxfam Management reviews

Ireland90 reviews
It is a nice place to work, but it is charity so I wasn't paid to work.
The environment is nice, relaxed and good management, afterall is a good place to work in the weekend or for who like do charity.
Very clean, easy to work the the other employees. Management was very good, was able to take orders very well. A very good experience ,with a charity.
Ambiente agradável, o gerente era muito simpático e ajudava nas atividades do dia a dia. Todo dia fazia algo diferente.
Pros
Ambiente agradável
Cons
Nada a reclamar
Like working here as the work gets done and friendly staff and management. Good customer service. You learn so much here. You can work as part of a team and use your own iniative.
Pros
Friendly staff. Good management.
Cons
Unpaid volunteer work.
Decent pay with bonuses. Rewarding job, decent management to help, a good team to help you as well. Biggest issue is the job itself. Its hard to sell charity outside for 8 hours a day, as well as the fact you're talking about very harrowing stories so can have an effect on mental health.
It is hard work but by god it is so worth it. The team is like family, heck they are family. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could but unfortunately I have a bad hip so I can't. Absolutely love Oxfam and everything about them. They have your back and you have theirs, if you need help you can talk to them, they will be there and help you. I am gone just over 2 years and I still see them from time to time.
Couldn't say a bad word about them, it was so fun we used to race each other to doors just to keep up moral.

How it is run and how exciting it is, is just amazing.

Hard when it is lashing rain, cold and you just want people to help with the cause. It can turn fun when you show up at the door pretending its sunny, you meet amazing people, hear unbelievable stories but so worth it with the team by your side
Pros
amazing people, amazing work, amazing cause
The work is enjoyable and engaging, every day is different. I have learned many valuable new skills. The management team is very supportive. This is a fun and productive place to work.
Stage humanitaire : très bon management et une très bonne expérience humaine avec un enrichissement aussi bien professionnel que personnel.

Aucune opportunité de développement au sein de l'entreprise ou sinon très compliqué.

Aspect difficile : travail très épuisant

Aspect agréable : une équipe très soudé et motivant
Pros
Très bonne expérience humaine
Cons
Aucun salaire
We don't have a typical day at work, every day is different and I like this. I am learning a new things every day. I have a good management who trust on me. I like to meet different persons. We dont have a hardest part of the job. There is a great ambience.
Pros
good management, great ambience
Cons
nothing
Great crowd

Not a respected job

Negative impact on public

Well organised

Reliable management
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Outdoors job
A Oxfam é uma organização humanitária, que ajuda principalmente as crianças da África, possibilitando o acesso a água, alimentos, educação, etc. Então, minhas atividades eram diversas, variando entre: angariar fundos nas ruas, recolher doações como roupas, atuar como caixa e vendedor nas lojas da Oxfam,
Neste emprego, eu aprendi a me relacionar melhor com os mais diversos tipos de pessoas, pois na Oxfam, trabalha-se pessoas do mundo inteiro.

A gerência era bastante tranquila, me proporcionando autonomia. A parte mais fácil do trabalho era trabalhar na loja, e a mais difícil era angariar fundos.
Pros
Multiculturalidade
One day is never the same as the next as each day brings different customers from a variety of nationalities. I am gain enough experience to progress to a management role possibly within another organisation as no vacancy at present.
Pros
Meeting a wide variety of customers also staff
Cons
non
Good team spirit and very good collegues. I learnt to be cooperative and be kind to my work collegues as well the management was very good to the staff. The hardest part of the job was monitoring shop lifters and the most enjoyable part of the job was the communication we each had with each other in the work place.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
On a typical day I start at 12 and finish at 5. My main jobs were to make sure that the store was presentable which involved making sure that all the clothes were properly folded and well placed and working on the till at the front desk. What I took away from the job is how to work efficiently in a working environment and how to provide good and quality costumer service. For me there was no part of the job that I didn't enjoy because I got to meet and interact with different people from all walks of life which was very enjoyable. My co-workers were quite friendly and helpful when help was needed. The management within the shop was well organised and there was never a crisis.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
N/a
Excellent experience, I really recommand Oxfam especially for foreign student.

I learnt a lot with irish coworker like: Management, sales, promoting oxfam's values and so on

The hardest part was the integration but once you show you love them they will be very helpful
Pros
everything
Cons
no salary
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations that work on finding solutions to stop the poverty around the Globe. As a volunteer you can do many different kind of works, as an example, you can donate directly on the website, shop online, buy Christmas gift cards, donate your time by working in events or their shops, or simply donating that old things you have and don't use anymore, so instead throwing them way, why don't give it for a good cause? Their work is serious and everything you donate you know where it goes by receiving your receipt.
On my first day I really had fun and learnt lots of new things about management, customer service and shop floor. I practically did a bit of everything in the store, starting by sorting the clothes they received as donation, steaming them, tagging, helping the customers and managing the money. It has been a really good time working at the shop, I even couldn't see the time passing by, the other volunteers are really nice people and most of them are from different countries, so it is a nice opportunity to learn more about different cultures as well as improve your English!
Working as a volunteer feels very nice as you can develop yourself in a lots of different ways by giving your time to help others, it shows that no matter who you are or what you do for living, you can always contribute to help those who need help!
Pros
I learnt a lot already about retail and customer service.
Cons
non paid job
selling new and used goods at a very resonable price.dealing with the public and getting a good feeling knowing the goods are going to people who need it and the money they pay is going to help third world countries. management are excellent co workers the same
C'est dans le but de perfectionner mon Anglais que j'ai intégré cette structure.
Il s'agit d'un magasin de charité, vendant essentiellement des vêtements pour femmes, mais également divers autres choses, tel que les livres, les articles multimédias ou encore le linge de maison.

Le magasin récupère des vêtements et objets de 2nd main dont les gens ne veulent plus.

de ce fait le magasin n'a pas besoin de dépenser de l'argent pour s'approvisionner.

Lors d'une journée de travail, le magasin ouvre à 10h.

Il faut vérifier que le magasin soit plein, et que les articles mis en vente soient corrects.

Pour les articles qui ne sont pas vendable, nous les envoyons dans un centre de recyclage.

Pour ce qui est du personnel, il s'agit uniquement de bénévole, ce qui rend le magasin difficile à gérer mais pas tant que ça, car l'esprit de charité est très répandu en Irlande.

Il faut donc veiller à ce que les volontaires aient chacun une tâche allouée. Du tri des dons jusqu'à la gestion de la caisse.

Ce fut une expérience très enrichissante, car les volontaires n'étant pas payer viennent car ils en ont envie. Ce qui change la vision que l'on peut avoir du travail. C'est très difficile à exprimer car ce n'est pas quelque chose que l'on apprend sur les chaises d'une école ou encore dans les livres. Il s'agit d'une expérience humaine avant tous.
Pros
Des gens agréables, près à donner de leur temps.
Cons
Une clientèle parfois peut reconnaissante.
a typical day at work was to secure everybody and do tasks.
i learned how to communicate with people and organise.

management was very strict but good because of the work that got done.
co-workers were very good because they learned very quick.

the hardest prt of the shop was doing security because when there was trouble it was a big problem.

the most enjoyble part was working with other people on tasks.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
i have learn a lot eg dealing with customers day in day out. the management is great love it and my co workers are friendly. the hardest part of the job is to try and traslate to someone who english is not their first language. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different types of people everyday i enjoy that because it is also a challenge for me.
Cons
part time