Oxfam Management reviews

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 2,269 reviews
Good overall.
shop assistant volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waterford26 September 2019
Like working here as the work gets done and friendly staff and management. Good customer service. You learn so much here. You can work as part of a team and use your own iniative.
Pros
Friendly staff. Good management.
Cons
Unpaid volunteer work.
Good Job if you're a salesperson, but tough
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 January 2019
Decent pay with bonuses. Rewarding job, decent management to help, a good team to help you as well. Biggest issue is the job itself. Its hard to sell charity outside for 8 hours a day, as well as the fact you're talking about very harrowing stories so can have an effect on mental health.
The best place I have ever worked for
Door to door fundraiser/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ringsend, County Dublin3 January 2019
It is hard work but by god it is so worth it. The team is like family, heck they are family. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could but unfortunately I have a bad hip so I can't. Absolutely love Oxfam and everything about them. They have your back and you have theirs, if you need help you can talk to them, they will be there and help you. I am gone just over 2 years and I still see them from time to time.
Couldn't say a bad word about them, it was so fun we used to race each other to doors just to keep up moral.
How it is run and how exciting it is, is just amazing.
Hard when it is lashing rain, cold and you just want people to help with the cause. It can turn fun when you show up at the door pretending its sunny, you meet amazing people, hear unbelievable stories but so worth it with the team by your side
Pros
amazing people, amazing work, amazing cause
Fun and supportive workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sligo12 November 2018
The work is enjoyable and engaging, every day is different. I have learned many valuable new skills. The management team is very supportive. This is a fun and productive place to work.
Excellent retail experience
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Galway11 May 2017
We don't have a typical day at work, every day is different and I like this. I am learning a new things every day. I have a good management who trust on me. I like to meet different persons. We dont have a hardest part of the job. There is a great ambience.
Pros
good management, great ambience
Cons
nothing
Fun
Not a respected job
Negative impact on public
Well organised
Reliable management
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Outdoors job
Productive and fun place to work
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Limerick21 November 2016
One day is never the same as the next as each day brings different customers from a variety of nationalities. I am gain enough experience to progress to a management role possibly within another organisation as no vacancy at present.
Pros
Meeting a wide variety of customers also staff
Cons
non
Fun Work Place
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  George Street Dublin 24 August 2016
Good team spirit and very good collegues. I learnt to be cooperative and be kind to my work collegues as well the management was very good to the staff. The hardest part of the job was monitoring shop lifters and the most enjoyable part of the job was the communication we each had with each other in the work place.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
Enjoyable and Great for work experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunleary, D1 January 2016
On a typical day I start at 12 and finish at 5. My main jobs were to make sure that the store was presentable which involved making sure that all the clothes were properly folded and well placed and working on the till at the front desk. What I took away from the job is how to work efficiently in a working environment and how to provide good and quality costumer service. For me there was no part of the job that I didn't enjoy because I got to meet and interact with different people from all walks of life which was very enjoyable. My co-workers were quite friendly and helpful when help was needed. The management within the shop was well organised and there was never a crisis.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
N/a
Excellent for foreign student
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C2 December 2015
Excellent experience, I really recommand Oxfam especially for foreign student.

I learnt a lot with irish coworker like: Management, sales, promoting oxfam's values and so on

The hardest part was the integration but once you show you love them they will be very helpful
Pros
everything
Cons
no salary
Productive and fun workplace
Part time volunteer shop assistant retail (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D18 October 2015
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations that work on finding solutions to stop the poverty around the Globe. As a volunteer you can do many different kind of works, as an example, you can donate directly on the website, shop online, buy Christmas gift cards, donate your time by working in events or their shops, or simply donating that old things you have and don't use anymore, so instead throwing them way, why don't give it for a good cause? Their work is serious and everything you donate you know where it goes by receiving your receipt.
On my first day I really had fun and learnt lots of new things about management, customer service and shop floor. I practically did a bit of everything in the store, starting by sorting the clothes they received as donation, steaming them, tagging, helping the customers and managing the money. It has been a really good time working at the shop, I even couldn't see the time passing by, the other volunteers are really nice people and most of them are from different countries, so it is a nice opportunity to learn more about different cultures as well as improve your English!
Working as a volunteer feels very nice as you can develop yourself in a lots of different ways by giving your time to help others, it shows that no matter who you are or what you do for living, you can always contribute to help those who need help!
Pros
I learnt a lot already about retail and customer service.
Cons
non paid job
a very good cause
retail sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, D25 February 2015
selling new and used goods at a very resonable price.dealing with the public and getting a good feeling knowing the goods are going to people who need it and the money they pay is going to help third world countries. management are excellent co workers the same
fun workplace
security and pricing (Former Employee) –  dublin 114 October 2012
a typical day at work was to secure everybody and do tasks.
i learned how to communicate with people and organise.
management was very strict but good because of the work that got done.
co-workers were very good because they learned very quick.
the hardest prt of the shop was doing security because when there was trouble it was a big problem.
the most enjoyble part was working with other people on tasks.
Pros
free lunches
fun working place
sales assitant (Current Employee) –  dublin10 May 2012
i have learn a lot eg dealing with customers day in day out. the management is great love it and my co workers are friendly. the hardest part of the job is to try and traslate to someone who english is not their first language. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different types of people everyday i enjoy that because it is also a challenge for me.
Cons
part time