Oxfam

Oxfam Pay & Benefits reviews

I really enjoyed working for oxfam
I worked as an se scheme. i really enjoyed the job and the people i meet there. It was a fun job. But i was only getting paid from welfare so i worked in oxfam for one year i would have stayed on if there was an opportunity too.
Pros
Good place to work no stress
Cons
You couldn't stay on after the scheme
it"s Okay
So far you're constantly hitting your target it's a fun and nice place to work. There's no tension in the work environment. There's a high rate of staff turn over for the door-to-door fundraiser.
if you're showing prospect you can become a team leader and earn a slightly higher salary and performance related pay.
Pros
Job is flexible, especially for students in college
Cons
working in outdoor conditions, the pressure as it is a target based driven job same with any job in this category
Educational and Humbling Experience
The day to day work life was quite enjoyable. Although it was voluntary work I still received some benefits from the job and gained a lot of experience.
The dynamic in the work place was not great and some employees treated others badly.
Good Job if you're a salesperson, but tough
Decent pay with bonuses. Rewarding job, decent management to help, a good team to help you as well. Biggest issue is the job itself. Its hard to sell charity outside for 8 hours a day, as well as the fact you're talking about very harrowing stories so can have an effect on mental health.
I hated working here
I did not like working here at all. They got very little customers so I was just standing looking for things to do. The shop is small so for a long day you have very little to do
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Boring
Fun

Not a respected job

Negative impact on public

Well organised

Reliable management
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Outdoors job
Good and busy enviroment
Good place to work in, meeting new people and improve personal skills.

My duties was always focused on customers, that a why I learned how to deal with all kind of customers, that sometimes were rude.

Thanks to the manager to my colleagues and, most of all, to the consumers, I enjoyed every hour working in the shop.
Pros
International environment
Cons
No salary
Excellent for foreign student
Excellent experience, I really recommand Oxfam especially for foreign student.

I learnt a lot with irish coworker like: Management, sales, promoting oxfam's values and so on

The hardest part was the integration but once you show you love them they will be very helpful
Pros
everything
Cons
no salary
Lacked Challenge & Development Opportunities
I was part of the Corporate Services team and was responsible for manning the reception area, although this was not very busy. The number of calls were very few and hardly anyone ever called into the office. I opened the morning's post and ensured the evening's post was ready for collection. Other than this I was responsible for maintaining a stock of stationery and processing a few invoices. The job was only part-time, but the days weren't busy enough. When I asked for more duties I was told that they couldn't ask me to do work which was above my pay grade. When I originally applied for the role I was led to believe it would develop into something more substantial but after almost 2 years it did not change. Most of the people who worked there were very nice, but the job was not challenging enough.
Pros
Good Salary and Holidays
Cons
Not Challenging enough and travel to work was too long
Summary
I Still Working in the Oxfam 1 day. there are many worker work in the Oxfam and there are many things to learn
Pros
Tea, Coffee
fun workplace
a typical day at work was to secure everybody and do tasks.
i learned how to communicate with people and organise.

management was very strict but good because of the work that got done.

co-workers were very good because they learned very quick.

the hardest prt of the shop was doing security because when there was trouble it was a big problem.

the most enjoyble part was working with other people on tasks.
Pros
free lunches