Oxfam Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 2,276 reviews
it"s Okay
Door-to-Door Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2019
So far you're constantly hitting your target it's a fun and nice place to work. There's no tension in the work environment. There's a high rate of staff turn over for the door-to-door fundraiser.
if you're showing prospect you can become a team leader and earn a slightly higher salary and performance related pay.
Pros
Job is flexible, especially for students in college
Cons
working in outdoor conditions, the pressure as it is a target based driven job same with any job in this category
Educational and Humbling Experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath8 March 2019
The day to day work life was quite enjoyable. Although it was voluntary work I still received some benefits from the job and gained a lot of experience.
The dynamic in the work place was not great and some employees treated others badly.
Good Job if you're a salesperson, but tough
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 January 2019
Decent pay with bonuses. Rewarding job, decent management to help, a good team to help you as well. Biggest issue is the job itself. Its hard to sell charity outside for 8 hours a day, as well as the fact you're talking about very harrowing stories so can have an effect on mental health.
Fun
Not a respected job
Negative impact on public
Well organised
Reliable management
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Outdoors job
Good and busy enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 November 2016
Good place to work in, meeting new people and improve personal skills.

My duties was always focused on customers, that a why I learned how to deal with all kind of customers, that sometimes were rude.
Thanks to the manager to my colleagues and, most of all, to the consumers, I enjoyed every hour working in the shop.
Pros
International environment
Cons
No salary
Excellent for foreign student
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C2 December 2015
Excellent experience, I really recommand Oxfam especially for foreign student.

I learnt a lot with irish coworker like: Management, sales, promoting oxfam's values and so on

The hardest part was the integration but once you show you love them they will be very helpful
Pros
everything
Cons
no salary
Lacked Challenge & Development Opportunities
CUSTOMER SERVICES ASSISTANT (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D1 July 2015
I was part of the Corporate Services team and was responsible for manning the reception area, although this was not very busy. The number of calls were very few and hardly anyone ever called into the office. I opened the morning's post and ensured the evening's post was ready for collection. Other than this I was responsible for maintaining a stock of stationery and processing a few invoices. The job was only part-time, but the days weren't busy enough. When I asked for more duties I was told that they couldn't ask me to do work which was above my pay grade. When I originally applied for the role I was led to believe it would develop into something more substantial but after almost 2 years it did not change. Most of the people who worked there were very nice, but the job was not challenging enough.
Pros
Good Salary and Holidays
Cons
Not Challenging enough and travel to work was too long
Summary
employee (Former Employee) –  17 Grattan Street Sligo25 May 2014
I Still Working in the Oxfam 1 day. there are many worker work in the Oxfam and there are many things to learn
Pros
Tea, Coffee