Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Review

Excellent retail experience
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Galway11 May 2017
We don't have a typical day at work, every day is different and I like this. I am learning a new things every day. I have a good management who trust on me. I like to meet different persons. We dont have a hardest part of the job. There is a great ambience.
Pros
good management, great ambience
Cons
nothing

Other Oxfam Employee Reviews

Just like another sales job
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 January 2020
Though it is a charity, Oxfam's culture is still one of targets, targets, targets, targets. The team leaders get punished if their group is not up to standard and often so the team. You are encouraged to keep trying to pursuade people despite their persistant 'no' response. The people were pretty nice to work with but the stress was not work the money.
Cons
Not recommended
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 November 2019
I was working at Oxfam for a week. I came home most days very wet (it rained almost every day) and I don't know how I didn't catch a cold. The work environment is good, but sometimes it's stressful when someone gets a signature and you still don't have one or when everyone is waiting for you to get one so they can go home. There's pressure sometimes.

The bosses are nice for the most part, they helped me a lot in everything I needed. They gave us free food and drinks sometimes. They paid for our training. Good pays (11,11E/h the first 20 days and after that 13,13E/h, but is very hard to arrive there).

The worst, the weather conditions you have to face (no matter what the weather, you're going to have to go out there the same), the pressure from the targets and the general rejection. You have to deal with very unpleasant people who sometimes don't even open the door when they see you're Oxfam, they just make gestures of rejection that make you feel terrible. I always thought everyone exaggerated about it, but 8 hours of rejection ends up generating frustration for anyone.

Recommended ONLY if you know how to sell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3