Oxfam
Oxfam Employee Review

it"s Okay

13 September 2019
So far you're constantly hitting your target it's a fun and nice place to work. There's no tension in the work environment. There's a high rate of staff turn over for the door-to-door fundraiser.
if you're showing prospect you can become a team leader and earn a slightly higher salary and performance related pay.
Pros
Job is flexible, especially for students in college
Cons
working in outdoor conditions, the pressure as it is a target based driven job same with any job in this category
29 January 2020
Same roleSame location
Fundraiser (Former Employee) - Dublin
Though it is a charity, Oxfam's culture is still one of targets, targets, targets, targets. The team leaders get punished if their group is not up to standard and often so the team. You are encouraged to keep trying to pursuade people despite their persistant 'no' response. The people were pretty nice to work with but the stress was not work the money.
Cons
11 November 2019
Same roleSame location
Fundraiser (Former Employee) - Dublin
I was working at Oxfam for a week. I came home most days very wet (it rained almost every day) and I don't know how I didn't catch a cold. The work environment is good, but sometimes it's stressful when someone gets a signature and you still don't have one or when everyone is waiting for you to get one so they can go home. There's pressure sometimes.

The bosses are nice for the most part, they helped me a lot in everything I needed. They gave us free food and drinks sometimes. They paid for our training. Good pays (11,11E/h the first 20 days and after that 13,13E/h, but is very hard to arrive there).

The worst, the weather conditions you have to face (no matter what the weather, you're going to have to go out there the same), the pressure from the targets and the general rejection. You have to deal with very unpleasant people who sometimes don't even open the door when they see you're Oxfam, they just make gestures of rejection that make you feel terrible. I always thought everyone exaggerated about it, but 8 hours of rejection ends up generating frustration for anyone.

Recommended ONLY if you know how to sell.
23 June 2020
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
It is a nice place to work, but it is charity so I wasn't paid to work.
The environment is nice, relaxed and good management, afterall is a good place to work in the weekend or for who like do charity.