Oxfam Employee Review

Enjoyable and fun loving workplace
Voluntary Work - Work Experience (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin10 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Oxfam. The staff and customers there was so lovely and very welcoming towards me too. The charity shop was easy to travel to as I live very near to it. Overall the experience I got is one, that I'll never ever forget at all. It was nearly eight years ago. Overall it was well worth it in the end.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Trying to complete and finish some tasks in a short space of time

Other Oxfam Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 November 2019
I was working at Oxfam for a week. I came home most days very wet (it rained almost every day) and I don't know how I didn't catch a cold. The work environment is good, but sometimes it's stressful when someone gets a signature and you still don't have one or when everyone is waiting for you to get one so they can go home. There's pressure sometimes.

The bosses are nice for the most part, they helped me a lot in everything I needed. They gave us free food and drinks sometimes. They paid for our training. Good pays (11,11E/h the first 20 days and after that 13,13E/h, but is very hard to arrive there).

The worst, the weather conditions you have to face (no matter what the weather, you're going to have to go out there the same), the pressure from the targets and the general rejection. You have to deal with very unpleasant people who sometimes don't even open the door when they see you're Oxfam, they just make gestures of rejection that make you feel terrible. I always thought everyone exaggerated about it, but 8 hours of rejection ends up generating frustration for anyone.

Recommended ONLY if you know how to sell.
Easy to work with, very clean
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portloaise, Co. Laois30 October 2019
Very clean, easy to work the the other employees. Management was very good, was able to take orders very well. A very good experience ,with a charity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3