Oxfam Employee Review

The best place I have ever worked for
Door to door fundraiser/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ringsend, County Dublin3 January 2019
It is hard work but by god it is so worth it. The team is like family, heck they are family. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could but unfortunately I have a bad hip so I can't. Absolutely love Oxfam and everything about them. They have your back and you have theirs, if you need help you can talk to them, they will be there and help you. I am gone just over 2 years and I still see them from time to time.
Couldn't say a bad word about them, it was so fun we used to race each other to doors just to keep up moral.
How it is run and how exciting it is, is just amazing.
Hard when it is lashing rain, cold and you just want people to help with the cause. It can turn fun when you show up at the door pretending its sunny, you meet amazing people, hear unbelievable stories but so worth it with the team by your side
Pros
amazing people, amazing work, amazing cause

Other Oxfam Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 November 2019
I was working at Oxfam for a week. I came home most days very wet (it rained almost every day) and I don't know how I didn't catch a cold. The work environment is good, but sometimes it's stressful when someone gets a signature and you still don't have one or when everyone is waiting for you to get one so they can go home. There's pressure sometimes.

The bosses are nice for the most part, they helped me a lot in everything I needed. They gave us free food and drinks sometimes. They paid for our training. Good pays (11,11E/h the first 20 days and after that 13,13E/h, but is very hard to arrive there).

The worst, the weather conditions you have to face (no matter what the weather, you're going to have to go out there the same), the pressure from the targets and the general rejection. You have to deal with very unpleasant people who sometimes don't even open the door when they see you're Oxfam, they just make gestures of rejection that make you feel terrible. I always thought everyone exaggerated about it, but 8 hours of rejection ends up generating frustration for anyone.

Recommended ONLY if you know how to sell.
Easy to work with, very clean
Volunteer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portloaise, Co. Laois30 October 2019
Very clean, easy to work the the other employees. Management was very good, was able to take orders very well. A very good experience ,with a charity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3