Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Support Agent - PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2018
High level of work life balance with a lot of benefits and the culture of the firm is brilliant. Management is filled with highly trained and well balanced professionals.
used to be great place to work. now not so much
betting assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 September 2018
would not recommend paddy power as a good place to work. it has changed so much over the years and not for the better. 13 hour days. all weekends. no respect for hard working staff.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
long hours, weekends, little or no support from upper management
Horrible work environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 May 2018
Since the merger between Paddy Power and Betfair, the culture that has emerged is horrible. People are only seen as resources and there is no investment in them anymore. The workload is punishing. Decisions are made by upper management with no engagement with those actually doing the work or speaking to the customers. There is no work/life balance and all the talent is leaving the company.
Pros
Subsidised canteen
Cons
Everything else
Worst jobs I've ever worked in
Betting assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 October 2018
I've worked in PP for over a year now and I can say it's easily one of the most mundane, boring mind-numbing experiences I've ever had. the hours scene flexible in theory but in reality you can never really do anything around them. The pay seems ok but it never seems to be a chance to go up in wages and she completed your basic courses. If you're really stuck for a job go ahead but every day you come home mentally drained. It's also morally difficult because most your customers are old people and are gamblers and your instructed never really to say no regardless of the state their in, how much they've spent and how bad their losses are. Your regulars are just addicts looking for another win and would scam you without a second thought.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Mentally draining, horrible uniforms, dealing with irrational customers, incredibly mundane
Deputy Manager
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo16 October 2018
Worked for Paddy Power Plc for 12years it gave me a steady job with the prospects of promotion. Very limited in the area I worked in. would have considered my work colleagues close friends. very busy working environment
productive
Retail betting assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2018
constantly kept on your toes watching for slow counter, till checks - overs/shorts and balancing them all at the end of the day. Alot of multi tasking required.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
hardest part of the job
Senior Retail betting assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 January 2019
Paddy Power is a fast-paced company with a lot of supportive teammates. The most difficult part of the job is during peak periods when you have big competitions like Cheltenham and so on.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
irrational customers
Good Place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 May 2018
It is a good place to work. But you will have to work long hours, most times at night and weekends. And the pay is not enough.
You will need to answer customers in a polite manner.
Pros
Free Pizza every last Friday
Cons
Long hours, not enough pay
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 October 2018
Pros
Free taxi after 11pm, Beer fridge ob Fridays
Cons
High level of Mulittasking
Wasnt a career type job you can grow in
Telephone Betting Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 August 2018
Money wasnt great . Promised alot when you start also. To me it wasnt a job you can grow as an individual in an improve your skills . And to me thats important.

Want to know more about Paddy Power Plc?

Ask a question
No two days are the same
Releif Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, D22 September 2014
PaddyPowers is a brilliant company to work for,each employee is treated with respect and given equal oppoturnitys to progress in the company,Staff members were very friendly and worked well as part of a team.The only negative thing about working for them was the long days and hours witch I used to work,They also give a bonus at christmas and benifits in kind when you work days like cheltnham and grand national.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy as everybody knows the customer does not always win.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
work life balance is very very bad
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Roscommon Town, County Roscommon24 February 2018
Its a fun job , tough at times.
Pay is ok for the type of work,
Hours are awful should be more regulated, breaks not guaranteed even on a 12 hour shift.
A good work life balance not really a concern of company in my opinion.
Staff and customers always friendly its a very sociable job.
Pros
sociable environment to work in
A normal day in Paddypower
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D2 December 2014
Nothing is typical about working in Paddypower, the staff and customers have a great relationship.Upper management really understand that it is the staff that make Paddypower, they believe in the staff and give us a lot of leeway.

When your promoted to management you get a lot of support and advice, its a fast paced business so you learn very quickly.

the most enjoyable of the job is the unexpected comments and praise you get from your customers.
fun place to work
Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway8 May 2018
great opportunity for advancement.learned a lot about customer service, different marketing programmes, data protection and more. great job for any student while in college...flexible with hours
Overall - very poor
Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland1 February 2018
Working here over 6months and still earning less than the wage advertised when I applied.. Minimum wage for starters.. poor working environment and if your shop is busy no chance of taking lunch breaks.. in fact lunch breaks are non existent.. You never know your hours from one week till the next and are expected to work way more than contract states if part time.. and even when you think you do know your hours they will change them anyway.. all the perks have disappeared over the last number of years and bonus are slim and hard come by (unless you work for head office if course) they don't care about employees only themselves and cutting hours where possible to save money ... WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!
Pros
Cons
13hr shifts with no breaks or 4hr shifts seem to be the only options
Great place to work with great members of staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare7 September 2017
Great job with great benefits certainly a unique job,lots
Of great memories over the past 6 years but I just think personally myself that it is time for a new challenge
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  laois12 April 2018
every day is a learning day in paddy power.
unfortunately the hours are dreadfully long.
i find the work itself so interesting and there is great opportunities for career progression.
loved working as part as a team
Deputy/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin11 June 2018
I loved working as part as a team also i loved to deliver excellent customer service and my knowledge of the business. Its an excellent company for progression.
Great Place to Start off
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 February 2018
Personally for me this job is a great first time job but for me it does not challenge me enough. I prefer a job that pushes me to my limits and i find there is only so much you can learn about betting. I
Pros
management is very helpful and also pay a sunday rate and bank holiday rate
Cons
have to work christmas and also other rescricted times
each day is different, good to deal with people on a day to day basis
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin25 July 2016
A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers.

I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
long hours and cannot progress further

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paddy Power Plc. Our community is ready to answer.