Paddy Power Plc logo
View all Paddy Power Plc reviews

Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Review

Fun, Fair & Friendly

A typical day at work in Paddy Power is a day where you learn something new.

5.0Job security/advancement

not great

there was no life/work balance, as a college student i didnt get the chance to study or do assignments, i ended up leaving due to bitchiness in the shop i worked in aswell. district manager always asked me to come in on days off, i would do it but i was never returened any emergncy favours back. disappointed as i spent over a year here and ended up leaving because there couldnt be any comprimise.

Trading Dept

Trading department employees looked upon as 2nd class employees. You can offer up as much dominos on Saturdays and drinks on Fridays (which Traders couldn’t avail of because they’ll most likely be working!) but it won’t cover for the really low wages in comparison to competition. When management were challenged on this people were told to ‘go work for the competition so’. Such a lack of understanding and empathy shown. HR for the trading department are a disgrace and allow for all sorts of mismanagement especially at junior level. This is all mirrored in the high turnover rate of staff and many being poached now by competitors offering better pay and conditions.

Pros

Dominos on Saturday (but you’ll be working Saturdays).

Cons

Salary, unsocial hours, long hours, no lunch breaks, unlimited days annual leave is a hoax, Hr.

No breaks

Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
  • Paddy Power Plc