Paddy Power Plc
Paddy Power Plc Employee Review

Simply amazing

27 October 2020
In all my time working in retail, I had never quite had a job as fulfilling as the one in Paddy Power. When I started, I was placed in the betting office in Market Square, Tullamore - the staff there were nothing short of amazing. So friendly, welcoming and they made the job fun. I had no knowledge of sports, racing or the industry in general, but the staff and the manager made it a point to try and teach me as much as possible. I struggle with numbers a little, but I was never made to feel like I was less of a valued work colleague for doing so. About six months into the job, I had to apply for a transfer from one betting office to another (Tullamore to Portlaoise), and even upon setting foot inside the office in Portlaoise, I was treated with the same welcoming vibe as in Tullamore. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful should I have ever had a problem, and the manager was outstanding. She couldn't do more for her staff if she tried, and genuinely shows a great deal of care, both for those she works with, and the customers she serves. Overall, my experience working for Paddy Power was very positive, and I would recommend it to anyone that's interested in learning more about that industry. My only issue that I had in the company was the inability to move up contracts - I worked with the company for two years, started on a 24 hour contract, but could never get a higher, base hour contract than that. Customers can be a bit difficult sometimes, and you will meet some ignorant people who are very self-absorbed, but don't let that deter you from this very enjoyable experience. - more...
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Long, paid breaks, Reasonable wage, Great staff, Excellent management, Mostly friendly customer base
Cons
A little difficult to balance work and personal life with long hours, A little difficult to get higher contracts, Customers occasionally difficult
7 December 2020
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
Long working hours, roster done weeks in advance but can change days before which is unprofessional, quite rude staff, a lot of pressure to learn a lot of content considering the minimum wage pay. Just another number to the company and easily replaced. Feels morally wrong too feeding into the gambling addiction and not being able to help people and having to take their money. Bad industry
Pros
Relaxing to sit at desk
Cons
Morally wrong, long hours, bad management
4 November 2020
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
there was no life/work balance, as a college student i didnt get the chance to study or do assignments, i ended up leaving due to bitchiness in the shop i worked in aswell. district manager always asked me to come in on days off, i would do it but i was never returened any emergncy favours back. disappointed as i spent over a year here and ended up leaving because there couldnt be any comprimise.
1 November 2020
Trader (Former Employee) - Dublin
Trading department employees looked upon as 2nd class employees. You can offer up as much dominos on Saturdays and drinks on Fridays (which Traders couldn’t avail of because they’ll most likely be working!) but it won’t cover for the really low wages in comparison to competition. When management were challenged on this people were told to ‘go work for the competition so’. Such a lack of understanding and empathy shown. HR for the trading department are a disgrace and allow for all sorts of mismanagement especially at junior level. This is all mirrored in the high turnover rate of staff and many being poached now by competitors offering better pay and conditions.
Pros
Dominos on Saturday (but you’ll be working Saturdays).
Cons
Salary, unsocial hours, long hours, no lunch breaks, unlimited days annual leave is a hoax, Hr.