Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
Trading department employees looked upon as 2nd class employees. You can offer up as much dominos on Saturdays and drinks on Fridays (which Traders couldn’t avail of because they’ll most likely be working!) but it won’t cover for the really low wages in comparison to competition. When management were challenged on this people were told to ‘go work for the competition so’. Such a lack of understanding and empathy shown. HR for the trading department are a disgrace and allow for all sorts of mismanagement especially at junior level. This is all mirrored in the high turnover rate of staff and many being poached now by competitors offering better pay and conditions.
Pros
Dominos on Saturday (but you’ll be working Saturdays).
Cons
Salary, unsocial hours, long hours, no lunch breaks, unlimited days annual leave is a hoax, Hr.
In all my time working in retail, I had never quite had a job as fulfilling as the one in Paddy Power. When I started, I was placed in the betting office in Market Square, Tullamore - the staff there were nothing short of amazing. So friendly, welcoming and they made the job fun. I had no knowledge of sports, racing or the industry in general, but the staff and the manager made it a point to try and teach me as much as possible. I struggle with numbers a little, but I was never made to feel like I was less of a valued work colleague for doing so. About six months into the job, I had to apply for a transfer from one betting office to another (Tullamore to Portlaoise), and even upon setting foot inside the office in Portlaoise, I was treated with the same welcoming vibe as in Tullamore. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful should I have ever had a problem, and the manager was outstanding. She couldn't do more for her staff if she tried, and genuinely shows a great deal of care, both for those she works with, and the customers she serves. Overall, my experience working for Paddy Power was very positive, and I would recommend it to anyone that's interested in learning more about that industry. My only issue that I had in the company was the inability to move up contracts - I worked with the company for two years, started on a 24 hour contract, but could never get a higher, base hour contract than that. Customers can be a bit difficult sometimes, and you will meet some ignorant people who are very self-absorbed, but don't let that deter you from this very enjoyable experience. - more...
Pros
Long, paid breaks, Reasonable wage, Great staff, Excellent management, Mostly friendly customer base
Cons
A little difficult to balance work and personal life with long hours, A little difficult to get higher contracts, Customers occasionally difficult
Nothing to complain about other than management will put business needs before employee needs. Work life balance means nothing if it means keeping a shop open.
Pros
Great shop environments, competitive pay, job security
Cons
It is a very flexible industry and you learn a lot as you go along. They’re are opportunities to advance at all times if you look and plan ahead. Can also be very laid back depending on the area that you work.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Horrible dirty place to work. No breaks expected to eat while handling money. Staff are vile to one another alot of bullying from staff and customers because they know they can get away with it. Long hrs no chance of a break even on a 12 hr shift get fyrty looks ft or using the toilet. Would not recommend this kip to anyone.
Pros
9.30 start
Cons
Low pay. No break, full of bully's. Filthy
Very long hours, lone working in most shops from 5pm/6pm until closing 10pm or 7am/8am until 12pm when the next shift starts, customer can be quite rude.
Pros
Tips from customers
Cons
Been here for 7 years and it’s an amazing place to work well looked after staff of all levels are helpful and you can learn a lot it’s also a fun place to work
Pros
Benefits hours staff
Cons
Not the best workplace: -Terrible, rude moody customers. -Draconian employee policies. -Upper management putting customers before you while also penalising you for any and everything. -Cashiers do the same tasks the managers do, but get half the hourly wage. -Terrible hours/pay. -Managers abusing the rota policy and always scheduling themselves to finish work in the afternoon 6/7 days of the week while you ONLY work nights.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Terrible work life balance. You'll only be working nights if you're not a manager.
Your basically thrown to the wolves no protection for staff managers don't care for your safety you work with thieves not adequate training given horrible place to work in
Pros
You get to have a cashier job on your CV
Cons
Mental health will be at stake
My time at Paddy Powers was enjoyable although at times hardworking. I would highly recommend working here as you make great friends and they give you good bonuses.
Pros
Free christmas party
Cons
great environment certain days to work due to college and was accomodating employees were great training was good money was good hours were long recommended
Huddersfield manager is not good enough to look after staff. Favouritism happening always. If might lose your job if he not like u. Manager often make story about customer complain cause he dont like you so give u mental pressure to leave your job
Some days could be slow paced and others can be fast you need to be able to multi task as at anyone time you can be doing more then one thing, You do get upto date training when needed
Having worked with another company within the industry I found that Paddy Power reward their staff better and also understand their customers needs.Agreat environment!
Pros
Professional dress code and up to date technology .well ahead of the game
Cons
Open early close late 7 days of the week
Great place to work but company getting to a point where looking into what you do is more important than service and what you give, the fun was taken out of it.
very friendly staff and management. easy to talk to and tell your problems. My first manager will always be the best person i worked with. the working environment is safe behind the counters but can be rough in some areas.
Still a fun place to work but become quite intense working there in recent years. You'll learn a lot if going in there in a junior level as a lot of quite experienced people working there. Decent culture and lots of opportunities in the US market in coming years
This company does not value its staff. They work you long hours, they don't give you breaks, they treat you like a criminal if you miss a days work be it genuine or not. Don't work in PP retail !
Utilizzo di problem solving necessaria inoltre necessaria capacita di comunicare in modo efficace con i clienti
Bookmakers generally aren't the nicest place to work. They tend to be dirty and gloomy, the clients are generally rude aggressive and unhappy (as is the nature of the business) and you need to have an extremely thick skin. Not for the faint hearted. Management prioritise business over safety and mental health of staff. On the plus side, tips can boost your income, and the shift patterns for some are very desirable.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Generally an unpleasant enivronment
  1. Employee reviews