Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
Your basically thrown to the wolves no protection for staff managers don't care for your safety you work with thieves not adequate training given horrible place to work in
Pros
You get to have a cashier job on your CV
Cons
Mental health will be at stake
My time at Paddy Powers was enjoyable although at times hardworking. I would highly recommend working here as you make great friends and they give you good bonuses.
Pros
Free christmas party
great environment
certain days to work due to college and was accomodating

employees were great

training was good

money was good

hours were long

recommended
Huddersfield manager is not good enough to look after staff. Favouritism happening always. If might lose your job if he not like u. Manager often make story about customer complain cause he dont like you so give u mental pressure to leave your job
Some days could be slow paced and others can be fast you need to be able to multi task as at anyone time you can be doing more then one thing,
You do get upto date training when needed
Having worked with another company within the industry I found that Paddy Power reward their staff better and also understand their customers needs.Agreat environment!
Pros
Professional dress code and up to date technology .well ahead of the game
Cons
Open early close late 7 days of the week
Great place to work but company getting to a point where looking into what you do is more important than service and what you give, the fun was taken out of it.
very friendly staff and management. easy to talk to and tell your problems. My first manager will always be the best person i worked with. the working environment is safe behind the counters but can be rough in some areas.
Still a fun place to work but become quite intense working there in recent years. You'll learn a lot if going in there in a junior level as a lot of quite experienced people working there. Decent culture and lots of opportunities in the US market in coming years
This company does not value its staff. They work you long hours, they don't give you breaks, they treat you like a criminal if you miss a days work be it genuine or not. Don't work in PP retail !
Utilizzo di problem solving necessaria inoltre necessaria capacita di comunicare in modo efficace con i clienti
Bookmakers generally aren't the nicest place to work. They tend to be dirty and gloomy, the clients are generally rude aggressive and unhappy (as is the nature of the business) and you need to have an extremely thick skin. Not for the faint hearted. Management prioritise business over safety and mental health of staff. On the plus side, tips can boost your income, and the shift patterns for some are very desirable.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Generally an unpleasant enivronment
A company that is so overwhelmingly under staff that senior or more experienced members of staff often work by themselves in at times hostile environments. Will be often moved at last moment because of staff shortages. Not the most pleasant of working environments.

The salary is very decent, very quick job to pick up and fellow workers are nice to work with.
Power Tower is where you really want to get a job. The retail shops are ok but Power Tower is where the money is. There was only so much more I could do in the shops.
The company are very fair and I go to work relaxed and ready for the day ahead! sometimes you are met with challenges but then that comes with any employment.
Overall I’ve had the best experience and time with paddy power I am going into my 7th year with the company and can’t yet see myself going anywhere else.
Terrible place to work. Terrible management. I would 100% say do not work here. the stores are under staffed and ran by lazy managers. The managers are not the best at their job, Just the people who stayed in a bad job the longest. save yourself the waste of time. managers will work the rotas so they do all the easy shifts and leave people getting paid the least to work the busiest and hardest times/shifts.
Kept getting told bs about job advancement had continued asbo issues in my base shop nothing done to help from head office until 2 staff where attacked leaving the shop
Alright for a student or to get you through 12/18 months but thats it.. Draining & dead end, rotas created to favour managers, horribly long 13 hour shifts with no intention of changing, only possibly increasing over the next few months. Breaks will soon be unpaid and half the time you don't get one anyway.. Initiative is frowned upon, holidays are forced upon you but impossible to take when you want them as excuses are always found.. All in all terrible,stay away...
Your just a number working every hr possible with no life, threatening abusive customers which the company do nothing about, because your just a number they can replace. Terrible pay also.
The company its self is ok, the problem is the hrs you work. 20 hrs is done over 2 days. (no choice) They are not flexible. There hrs are set. U either finish at 6pm or finish at 10:30pm or by 2pm. Minimal hrs you can do a day 10 minus 1hr for lunch. They will not tell you this until you start the job and then you end up trapped ond overworked, you kids will suffer in the long run.