Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews in Dublin

No breaks
Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Still a fun place to work but become quite intense working there in recent years. You'll learn a lot if going in there in a junior level as a lot of quite experienced people working there. Decent culture and lots of opportunities in the US market in coming years
Treated like dogs
This company does not value its staff. They work you long hours, they don't give you breaks, they treat you like a criminal if you miss a days work be it genuine or not. Don't work in PP retail !
Pretty good
Power Tower is where you really want to get a job. The retail shops are ok but Power Tower is where the money is. There was only so much more I could do in the shops.
Dont waste your life here
Your just a number working every hr possible with no life, threatening abusive customers which the company do nothing about, because your just a number they can replace. Terrible pay also.
Only a handful of people work on the cool social media stuff...
Almost everybody has seen a funny advert, tweet, snap, insta etc from Paddy Power so they want to be a part of it but this team is quite small so you probably won't be a part of it. If you work on the Customer Service team then you are in for a tough job. You have to resolve a phone call within 90 seconds and you have to resolve an online chat within 3 minutes. There's screens everywhere with the sports on but you won't get a chance to see them due to the volume of calls. You will listen to gambling addicts, you will be called some awful names when you won't give a free bet or a payout. If you work in a non-customer facing role, then you will enjoy working here as the perks are good and the hours are regular.
Decent Job Stressful for Money
Some parts of the job are good but for the stress it's not worth the money. Shop managers can be helpful but sometimes it's too busy to help other times your so bored.
Horrible hours
Most of the staff were great. Not great hours.. never get weekends off unless you request it so you can't plan anything. Very poor work life balance. Management only look after themselves.
Extremely principle oriented yet balanced
Amazing support from management and helping mentors. A superb place to work at! Too many projects simultaneously taken up was a tough task to handle but good management helped the projects through.
Pros
Good cafeteria, good systems, late night cabs and friday beers and pizza
Cons
could overwork occasionally but the teams are good and they will help you out
hardest part of the job
Paddy Power is a fast-paced company with a lot of supportive teammates. The most difficult part of the job is during peak periods when you have big competitions like Cheltenham and so on.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
irrational customers
Pros
Free taxi after 11pm, Beer fridge ob Fridays
Cons
High level of Mulittasking
Worst jobs I've ever worked in
I've worked in PP for over a year now and I can say it's easily one of the most mundane, boring mind-numbing experiences I've ever had. the hours scene flexible in theory but in reality you can never really do anything around them. The pay seems ok but it never seems to be a chance to go up in wages and she completed your basic courses. If you're really stuck for a job go ahead but every day you come home mentally drained. It's also morally difficult because most your customers are old people and are gamblers and your instructed never really to say no regardless of the state their in, how much they've spent and how bad their losses are. Your regulars are just addicts looking for another win and would scam you without a second thought.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Mentally draining, horrible uniforms, dealing with irrational customers, incredibly mundane
used to be great place to work. now not so much
would not recommend paddy power as a good place to work. it has changed so much over the years and not for the better. 13 hour days. all weekends. no respect for hard working staff.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
long hours, weekends, little or no support from upper management
productive
constantly kept on your toes watching for slow counter, till checks - overs/shorts and balancing them all at the end of the day. Alot of multi tasking required.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
Wasnt a career type job you can grow in
Money wasnt great . Promised alot when you start also. To me it wasnt a job you can grow as an individual in an improve your skills . And to me thats important.
Horrible work environment
Since the merger between Paddy Power and Betfair, the culture that has emerged is horrible. People are only seen as resources and there is no investment in them anymore. The workload is punishing. Decisions are made by upper management with no engagement with those actually doing the work or speaking to the customers. There is no work/life balance and all the talent is leaving the company.
Pros
Subsidised canteen
Cons
Everything else
Good Place to work
It is a good place to work. But you will have to work long hours, most times at night and weekends. And the pay is not enough.
You will need to answer customers in a polite manner.
Pros
Free Pizza every last Friday
Cons
Long hours, not enough pay
Fun workplace
High level of work life balance with a lot of benefits and the culture of the firm is brilliant. Management is filled with highly trained and well balanced professionals.
Great Place to Start off
Personally for me this job is a great first time job but for me it does not challenge me enough. I prefer a job that pushes me to my limits and i find there is only so much you can learn about betting. I
Pros
management is very helpful and also pay a sunday rate and bank holiday rate
Cons
have to work christmas and also other rescricted times
Fun, exciting but at times lacked soul
There is a big effort to put emphasis on a 'start up' culture within the company. Slogans such as 'Relentless Will to Win' were common. While this contributed to a fun, exciting atmosphere to work in, at times it came across as quite shallow. There was some license to innovate and pitch new ideas but only if you could be sure there was a surefire efficiency or profit to be gained from doing so.
Great workplace
Paddy Power was great fun to work in and for someone who is as crazy about sport as I am, just a constant stream of information for it.

i really enjoyed my time there.