Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier9 reviews
Ireland9 reviews
Been working here years now but has changed for the worse down through the years. Used to be great bonus and the likes but not anymore. They care more about online than the shops. Management varys from shop to shop. District managers no help if you have problems within the shop. Rate of pay is ok
Not a good working environment.
No fairness with rotas.

No cover for holidays (it is impossible to book time off).

You are made feel guilty if you call in sick, I was out with a pretty serious illness for a few weeks and the roster coordinator asked "you're gone for the week so? Is THAT what you're telling me?"

Can end up with 12/13 hour shifts.

You'd be lucky to get a break.

Everyone is looking out for number one.

AVOID.
Hours are long. Work is fast paced and stressful. Clientele are not the nicest. Wages arent great. No lunch breaks. Training is good. advancement throughout the company can be achievement after a one year period.
Some parts of the job are good but for the stress it's not worth the money. Shop managers can be helpful but sometimes it's too busy to help other times your so bored.
Great job with great benefits certainly a unique job,lots
Of great memories over the past 6 years but I just think personally myself that it is time for a new challenge
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Paddy power is a good company to work for i love the interaction with customers , its a very fast paced industry , with a large cash turn over , the work life balance in not the best and the 13 hour shifts can take there toll .
I'm now mother and I think that I have a good handle on ethics. I'd like to now work in a job where its a good work/ home balance.
I have a keen interest in sport and thus, thoroughly enjoyed my time working with this company. They were very accommodating working with my college hours and paid reasonably well.
Pros
always worked with someone
Cons
Great customers, great work team, good hours and pay got on very well with everyone and received great help from my work mates when it was needed.