Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews for Manager

A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers. I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
long hours and cannot progress further
Long hrs ..poor managment with jumped up managers with no training or leadership skills more and more products put on you with no extra pay Managment out for themselve your not even a number with this company your a district with some untrained dragged threw the ranks manager as a spokeperson for you ...A monkey could do the job as its so repetative but yet they have so called managers that think there running nasa ..really bad attitude and bad moral
Pros
Christmas Bonus
Cons
everything else about the job
Every day was exciting and different. A good company to work for. Only down side was it has unsociable working hours. A person employed there would have to be of strong character and be able to handle a degree of pressure.
With aggressive culture and high pressure to perform, this is not the company for the faint of heart. Very fast paced, and a true meritocracy. Great place to learn digital early in your career.
PaddyPowers is a brilliant company to work for,each employee is treated with respect and given equal oppoturnitys to progress in the company,Staff members were very friendly and worked well as part of a team.The only negative thing about working for them was the long days and hours witch I used to work,They also give a bonus at christmas and benifits in kind when you work days like cheltnham and grand national.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy as everybody knows the customer does not always win.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.People stay as much as they can and then leave.
Pros
modern headquarter, average salaries, quite central location, canteen ( you pay for)
Cons
a lot of politics, old core irish management, high pressurised, easy trigger (firing people), being irish strong advantage
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Paddy Power Plc?