Paddy Power Plc logo
Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Boring ! Same thing everyday nothing enjoyable

Great job if your looking for sedentary lifestyle and to get a huge belly from doing nothing I found myself clock watching a lot of the time as it was just boring I was enthusiastic at the start but after a year the novelty ran off and it became mundane Nothing to do but sit there and wait for bets and then you have to deal with abusive punters because they think you’ve done them out of money even though they now exactly how it works

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Long hours Boring Clock watching not a lot to do

Boring Job, No Culture Or Atmosphere

Long working hours, roster done weeks in advance but can change days before which is unprofessional, quite rude staff, a lot of pressure to learn a lot of content considering the minimum wage pay. Just another number to the company and easily replaced. Feels morally wrong too feeding into the gambling addiction and not being able to help people and having to take their money. Bad industry

Pros

Relaxing to sit at desk

Cons

Morally wrong, long hours, bad management

not great

there was no life/work balance, as a college student i didnt get the chance to study or do assignments, i ended up leaving due to bitchiness in the shop i worked in aswell. district manager always asked me to come in on days off, i would do it but i was never returened any emergncy favours back. disappointed as i spent over a year here and ended up leaving because there couldnt be any comprimise.

Trading Dept

Trading department employees looked upon as 2nd class employees. You can offer up as much dominos on Saturdays and drinks on Fridays (which Traders couldn’t avail of because they’ll most likely be working!) but it won’t cover for the really low wages in comparison to competition. When management were challenged on this people were told to ‘go work for the competition so’. Such a lack of understanding and empathy shown. HR for the trading department are a disgrace and allow for all sorts of mismanagement especially at junior level. This is all mirrored in the high turnover rate of staff and many being poached now by competitors offering better pay and conditions.

Pros

Dominos on Saturday (but you’ll be working Saturdays).

Cons

Salary, unsocial hours, long hours, no lunch breaks, unlimited days annual leave is a hoax, Hr.

Simply amazing

In all my time working in retail, I had never quite had a job as fulfilling as the one in Paddy Power. When I started, I was placed in the betting office in Market Square, Tullamore - the staff there were nothing short of amazing. So friendly, welcoming and they made the job fun. I had no knowledge of sports, racing or the industry in general, but the staff and the manager made it a point to try and teach me as much as possible. I struggle with numbers a little, but I was never made to feel like I was less of a valued work colleague for doing so. About six months into the job, I had to apply for a transfer from one betting office to another (Tullamore to Portlaoise), and even upon setting foot inside the office in Portlaoise, I was treated with the same welcoming vibe as in Tullamore. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful should I have ever had a problem, and the manager was outstanding. She couldn't do more for her staff if she tried, and genuinely shows a great deal of care, both for those she works with, and the customers she serves. Overall, my experience working for Paddy Power was very positive, and I would recommend it to anyone that's interested in learning more about that industry. My only issue that I had in the company was the inability to move up contracts - I worked with the company for two years, started on a 24 hour contract, but could never get a higher, base hour contract than that. Customers can be a bit difficult sometimes, and you will meet some ignorant people who are very self-absorbed, but don't let that deter you from this very enjoyable experience. -

Pros

Long, paid breaks, Reasonable wage, Great staff, Excellent management, Mostly friendly customer base

Cons

A little difficult to balance work and personal life with long hours, A little difficult to get higher contracts, Customers occasionally difficult

Nasty environment

Horrible dirty place to work. No breaks expected to eat while handling money. Staff are vile to one another alot of bullying from staff and customers because they know they can get away with it. Long hrs no chance of a break even on a 12 hr shift get fyrty looks ft or using the toilet. Would not recommend this kip to anyone.

Pros

9.30 start

Cons

Low pay. No break, full of bully's. Filthy

Fun, easy to work

great environment certain days to work due to college and was accomodating employees were great training was good money was good hours were long recommended

No breaks

Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.

Fast-paced and fun place to work

Still a fun place to work but become quite intense working there in recent years. You'll learn a lot if going in there in a junior level as a lot of quite experienced people working there. Decent culture and lots of opportunities in the US market in coming years

Treated like dogs

This company does not value its staff. They work you long hours, they don't give you breaks, they treat you like a criminal if you miss a days work be it genuine or not. Don't work in PP retail !

Jobs at Paddy Power Plc

See more jobs

Fair enough

Been working here years now but has changed for the worse down through the years. Used to be great bonus and the likes but not anymore. They care more about online than the shops. Management varys from shop to shop. District managers no help if you have problems within the shop. Rate of pay is ok

Pretty good

Power Tower is where you really want to get a job. The retail shops are ok but Power Tower is where the money is. There was only so much more I could do in the shops.

Dont waste your life here

Your just a number working every hr possible with no life, threatening abusive customers which the company do nothing about, because your just a number they can replace. Terrible pay also.

Only work here if you're stuck for cash.

Not a good working environment. No fairness with rotas. No cover for holidays (it is impossible to book time off). You are made feel guilty if you call in sick, I was out with a pretty serious illness for a few weeks and the roster coordinator asked "you're gone for the week so? Is THAT what you're telling me?" Can end up with 12/13 hour shifts. You'd be lucky to get a break. Everyone is looking out for number one. AVOID.

Paddy Power was a great place to work, with brilliant co workers. There are great opportunities to move along the career ladder and also great opportunities for pay increases.

No work life balance.

Hours are long. Work is fast paced and stressful. Clientele are not the nicest. Wages arent great. No lunch breaks. Training is good. advancement throughout the company can be achievement after a one year period.

You won't stay for long.

The positives included the fact that some of my colleagues were lovely people, and the Christmas bonus, that was about it. The negatives would include extremely poor, unqualified management who played favourites and treated the rest very poorly. Rota changed with very short notice. Rate of pay versus responsibility were not equal. Work took over, no time to have a life.

Only a handful of people work on the cool social media stuff...

Almost everybody has seen a funny advert, tweet, snap, insta etc from Paddy Power so they want to be a part of it but this team is quite small so you probably won't be a part of it. If you work on the Customer Service team then you are in for a tough job. You have to resolve a phone call within 90 seconds and you have to resolve an online chat within 3 minutes. There's screens everywhere with the sports on but you won't get a chance to see them due to the volume of calls. You will listen to gambling addicts, you will be called some awful names when you won't give a free bet or a payout. If you work in a non-customer facing role, then you will enjoy working here as the perks are good and the hours are regular.

Decent Job Stressful for Money

Some parts of the job are good but for the stress it's not worth the money. Shop managers can be helpful but sometimes it's too busy to help other times your so bored.

Worker

There is no support from anyone in Paddy Power. The management are to old fashion and set in there ways and are straight out bullies. They have taken most of the bonuses away and give you targets that there is no chance reaching. Some lovely workers met there but no one stays long enough because they are forced out.

Zero

Appalled with the reception and way I was treated, going back to work with PP after a long break, during which time I worked at other Betting Companies. I have over 25 years experience working in the Betting Industry.There is Zero Staff relations and very poor customer service. All younger inexperienced staff who THINK they know EVERYTHING!!! were treated. tone
  • Paddy Power Plc