Paddy Power Plc logo
Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

Fast-paced and fun place to work

Still a fun place to work but become quite intense working there in recent years. You'll learn a lot if going in there in a junior level as a lot of quite experienced people working there. Decent culture and lots of opportunities in the US market in coming years

not great

there was no life/work balance, as a college student i didnt get the chance to study or do assignments, i ended up leaving due to bitchiness in the shop i worked in aswell. district manager always asked me to come in on days off, i would do it but i was never returened any emergncy favours back. disappointed as i spent over a year here and ended up leaving because there couldnt be any comprimise.

Simply amazing

In all my time working in retail, I had never quite had a job as fulfilling as the one in Paddy Power. When I started, I was placed in the betting office in Market Square, Tullamore - the staff there were nothing short of amazing. So friendly, welcoming and they made the job fun. I had no knowledge of sports, racing or the industry in general, but the staff and the manager made it a point to try and teach me as much as possible. I struggle with numbers a little, but I was never made to feel like I was less of a valued work colleague for doing so. About six months into the job, I had to apply for a transfer from one betting office to another (Tullamore to Portlaoise), and even upon setting foot inside the office in Portlaoise, I was treated with the same welcoming vibe as in Tullamore. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful should I have ever had a problem, and the manager was outstanding. She couldn't do more for her staff if she tried, and genuinely shows a great deal of care, both for those she works with, and the customers she serves. Overall, my experience working for Paddy Power was very positive, and I would recommend it to anyone that's interested in learning more about that industry. My only issue that I had in the company was the inability to move up contracts - I worked with the company for two years, started on a 24 hour contract, but could never get a higher, base hour contract than that. Customers can be a bit difficult sometimes, and you will meet some ignorant people who are very self-absorbed, but don't let that deter you from this very enjoyable experience. -

Pros

Long, paid breaks, Reasonable wage, Great staff, Excellent management, Mostly friendly customer base

Cons

A little difficult to balance work and personal life with long hours, A little difficult to get higher contracts, Customers occasionally difficult

Paddy Power was a great place to work, with brilliant co workers. There are great opportunities to move along the career ladder and also great opportunities for pay increases.

No work life balance.

Hours are long. Work is fast paced and stressful. Clientele are not the nicest. Wages arent great. No lunch breaks. Training is good. advancement throughout the company can be achievement after a one year period.

Deputy Manager

Worked for Paddy Power Plc for 12years it gave me a steady job with the prospects of promotion. Very limited in the area I worked in. would have considered my work colleagues close friends. very busy working environment

Wasnt a career type job you can grow in

Money wasnt great . Promised alot when you start also. To me it wasnt a job you can grow as an individual in an improve your skills . And to me thats important.

fun place to work

great opportunity for advancement.learned a lot about customer service, different marketing programmes, data protection and more. great job for any student while in college...flexible with hours

Fun workplace

High level of work life balance with a lot of benefits and the culture of the firm is brilliant. Management is filled with highly trained and well balanced professionals.

every day is a learning day in paddy power. unfortunately the hours are dreadfully long. i find the work itself so interesting and there is great opportunities for career progression.

Jobs at Paddy Power Plc

See more jobs

exciting company to work for.

Every day was exciting and different. A good company to work for. Only down side was it has unsociable working hours. A person employed there would have to be of strong character and be able to handle a degree of pressure.

Fun, exciting but at times lacked soul

There is a big effort to put emphasis on a 'start up' culture within the company. Slogans such as 'Relentless Will to Win' were common. While this contributed to a fun, exciting atmosphere to work in, at times it came across as quite shallow. There was some license to innovate and pitch new ideas but only if you could be sure there was a surefire efficiency or profit to be gained from doing so.

Great place to work with great members of staff

Great job with great benefits certainly a unique job,lots Of great memories over the past 6 years but I just think personally myself that it is time for a new challenge

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long and unsociable hours

Great place to work if you fit the culture

With aggressive culture and high pressure to perform, this is not the company for the faint of heart. Very fast paced, and a true meritocracy. Great place to learn digital early in your career.

Great People, innovative, fast moving

The best thing about PPB is the people who work there. The workforce is young, dynamic, innovative and hungry to succeed. The work is interesting and, for the most part, the people who work the hardest rise the fastest. Management, for the most part, are very good and the atmosphere is quite informal.

Pros

The people, the opportunities

Cons

Money is OK but not great

Paddy power

Paddy power is a good company to work for i love the interaction with customers , its a very fast paced industry , with a large cash turn over , the work life balance in not the best and the 13 hour shifts can take there toll .

Avoid if at all possible

This employer has no sense of responsibility to the employees or customers. Employees are expected to up-sell and promote new products irregardless of whether the customer can afford it or not. The working day can be up to 13 hours on a Saturday and it is virtually unheard of to get a full lunch break or other breaks under current Irish employment law. If you are employed to work in a particular shop, check your contract, they can send you to another shop or area at their discretion as there is a lot of clauses in your contract of employment. The rules are always set in their favour, as is the nature of the gambling industry. It should also be noted, they do not support employees trade unions.

Merger slows everything down.

Good place to work in general, the merger slows things down a lot and that has made life more difficult of late. Hopefully that will work itself out soon.

Pros

Sport

Cons

Regulations always imminent

All good

Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.

Pros

Interacting with the public

Cons

Difficult hours

productive, fun environment

Paddy Power is a great place to work with great opertunity to further your career if you desire. I've worked with paddy power for the past 11 years and have enjoyed my time there. I've learned some great skills to take with me.

each day is different, good to deal with people on a day to day basis

A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers. I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.

Pros

flexiable

Cons

long hours and cannot progress further
  • Paddy Power Plc