Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
High level of work life balance with a lot of benefits and the culture of the firm is brilliant. Management is filled with highly trained and well balanced professionals.
every day is a learning day in paddy power. unfortunately the hours are dreadfully long. i find the work itself so interesting and there is great opportunities for career progression.
Its a fun job , tough at times. Pay is ok for the type of work, Hours are awful should be more regulated, breaks not guaranteed even on a 12 hour shift. A good work life balance not really a concern of company in my opinion. Staff and customers always friendly its a very sociable job.
Pros
sociable environment to work in
Cons
Personally for me this job is a great first time job but for me it does not challenge me enough. I prefer a job that pushes me to my limits and i find there is only so much you can learn about betting. I
Pros
management is very helpful and also pay a sunday rate and bank holiday rate
Cons
have to work christmas and also other rescricted times
Working here over 6months and still earning less than the wage advertised when I applied.. Minimum wage for starters.. poor working environment and if your shop is busy no chance of taking lunch breaks.. in fact lunch breaks are non existent.. You never know your hours from one week till the next and are expected to work way more than contract states if part time.. and even when you think you do know your hours they will change them anyway.. all the perks have disappeared over the last number of years and bonus are slim and hard come by (unless you work for head office if course) they don't care about employees only themselves and cutting hours where possible to save money ... WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!
Pros
Cons
13hr shifts with no breaks or 4hr shifts seem to be the only options
Fun, fast and very different working environment. Enjoyed working here and can be a challenge, however long days can be tough but not expected to do to many.
Every day was exciting and different. A good company to work for. Only down side was it has unsociable working hours. A person employed there would have to be of strong character and be able to handle a degree of pressure.
There is a big effort to put emphasis on a 'start up' culture within the company. Slogans such as 'Relentless Will to Win' were common. While this contributed to a fun, exciting atmosphere to work in, at times it came across as quite shallow. There was some license to innovate and pitch new ideas but only if you could be sure there was a surefire efficiency or profit to be gained from doing so.
Paddy Power was great fun to work in and for someone who is as crazy about sport as I am, just a constant stream of information for it. i really enjoyed my time there.
Great job with great benefits certainly a unique job,lots Of great memories over the past 6 years but I just think personally myself that it is time for a new challenge
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Paddy Power is a great place to work if you are looking to improve your retail skills, mathematical skills and communication skills. It is a very fast paced environment with many obstacles that may you need to be able to overcome. Working with Paddy Power has thought me to be better able to deal with difficult situations and that no matter the problem there is always a way to resolve it and make the customer happy.
With aggressive culture and high pressure to perform, this is not the company for the faint of heart. Very fast paced, and a true meritocracy. Great place to learn digital early in your career.
The best thing about PPB is the people who work there. The workforce is young, dynamic, innovative and hungry to succeed. The work is interesting and, for the most part, the people who work the hardest rise the fastest. Management, for the most part, are very good and the atmosphere is quite informal.
Pros
The people, the opportunities
Cons
Money is OK but not great
Started as a dynamic and fun working environment and employees were given freedom to be creative. As with all companies eventually driven by Shareholders, profit became more important than staff. Cost cutting led to less technology investment and loss of good staff. Sadly it became very bureaucratic and lost its appeal, the merger (takeover) by Betfair solidified the changes. Great while it lasted though.
Paddy power is a good company to work for i love the interaction with customers , its a very fast paced industry , with a large cash turn over , the work life balance in not the best and the 13 hour shifts can take there toll .
This employer has no sense of responsibility to the employees or customers. Employees are expected to up-sell and promote new products irregardless of whether the customer can afford it or not. The working day can be up to 13 hours on a Saturday and it is virtually unheard of to get a full lunch break or other breaks under current Irish employment law. If you are employed to work in a particular shop, check your contract, they can send you to another shop or area at their discretion as there is a lot of clauses in your contract of employment. The rules are always set in their favour, as is the nature of the gambling industry. It should also be noted, they do not support employees trade unions.
Tested online betting system on n-tier systems Involved rolling out updates on live server after testing was complete. Used Tcl on the server and some AJAX on the front end.
Providing customers with a high quality of customer service such as advising and guiding on any queries that may arise. Responsible for processing bets from start to finish i.e. taking the bet, translating it through the system, paying out winning bets. Cash handling. Implementing Think 21 policy. Good numeracy skills. Promoted to supervisory level while working in Athlone.
Pros
Given managerial experience
Cons
Longs hours
Loved working here but had to review hours , great company benefits and enjoyed working with customers from all walks of life, dealing with customer queries on a daily bases also helped me with life.
Pros
flexi hours to fit around kids and homelife
Cons
new contract meant working more evening / night hours
Good place to work in general, the merger slows things down a lot and that has made life more difficult of late. Hopefully that will work itself out soon.
Pros
Sport
Cons
Regulations always imminent
  1. Employee reviews