Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Ireland107 reviews

Only okay

Long days little pay ,Working every weekend,Trying to get a weekend off can be hard. No incentive to move up in the company. Customers can be nice tho. And of they win they might tip u.

Pros

Customers when they are winning

Cons

Long hours, very hard to get a lunch break in peace, Can be shouted by customers alot when they are losing

hardest part of the job

Paddy Power is a fast-paced company with a lot of supportive teammates. The most difficult part of the job is during peak periods when you have big competitions like Cheltenham and so on.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

irrational customers

Deputy Manager

Worked for Paddy Power Plc for 12years it gave me a steady job with the prospects of promotion. Very limited in the area I worked in. would have considered my work colleagues close friends. very busy working environment

Pros

Free taxi after 11pm, Beer fridge ob Fridays

Cons

High level of Mulittasking

Worst jobs I've ever worked in

I've worked in PP for over a year now and I can say it's easily one of the most mundane, boring mind-numbing experiences I've ever had. the hours scene flexible in theory but in reality you can never really do anything around them. The pay seems ok but it never seems to be a chance to go up in wages and she completed your basic courses. If you're really stuck for a job go ahead but every day you come home mentally drained. It's also morally difficult because most your customers are old people and are gamblers and your instructed never really to say no regardless of the state their in, how much they've spent and how bad their losses are. Your regulars are just addicts looking for another win and would scam you without a second thought.

Pros

Weekly Pay

Cons

Mentally draining, horrible uniforms, dealing with irrational customers, incredibly mundane

Perfect For young students

Its a job that is great if you dont have a young family as it is fun but the hours are not very nice if you hvae young children as you will miss them most of the time.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Hours

used to be great place to work. now not so much

would not recommend paddy power as a good place to work. it has changed so much over the years and not for the better. 13 hour days. all weekends. no respect for hard working staff.

Pros

christmas bonus

Cons

long hours, weekends, little or no support from upper management

productive

constantly kept on your toes watching for slow counter, till checks - overs/shorts and balancing them all at the end of the day. Alot of multi tasking required.

Pros

paid lunch breaks

Cons

Wasnt a career type job you can grow in

Money wasnt great . Promised alot when you start also. To me it wasnt a job you can grow as an individual in an improve your skills . And to me thats important.

loved working as part as a team

I loved working as part as a team also i loved to deliver excellent customer service and my knowledge of the business. Its an excellent company for progression.

Horrible work environment

Since the merger between Paddy Power and Betfair, the culture that has emerged is horrible. People are only seen as resources and there is no investment in them anymore. The workload is punishing. Decisions are made by upper management with no engagement with those actually doing the work or speaking to the customers. There is no work/life balance and all the talent is leaving the company.

Pros

Subsidised canteen

Cons

Everything else

Good Place to work

It is a good place to work. But you will have to work long hours, most times at night and weekends. And the pay is not enough. You will need to answer customers in a polite manner.

Pros

Free Pizza every last Friday

Cons

Long hours, not enough pay

Fun

Great trainers and very organised Take sport and novelty bets over the phone Handling customers queries Account registration Collaboration with other departments Adhering to procedures

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Flexible hours

fun place to work

great opportunity for advancement.learned a lot about customer service, different marketing programmes, data protection and more. great job for any student while in college...flexible with hours

Fun workplace

High level of work life balance with a lot of benefits and the culture of the firm is brilliant. Management is filled with highly trained and well balanced professionals.

every day is a learning day in paddy power. unfortunately the hours are dreadfully long. i find the work itself so interesting and there is great opportunities for career progression.

work life balance is very very bad

Its a fun job , tough at times. Pay is ok for the type of work, Hours are awful should be more regulated, breaks not guaranteed even on a 12 hour shift. A good work life balance not really a concern of company in my opinion. Staff and customers always friendly its a very sociable job.

Pros

sociable environment to work in

Great Place to Start off

Personally for me this job is a great first time job but for me it does not challenge me enough. I prefer a job that pushes me to my limits and i find there is only so much you can learn about betting. I

Pros

management is very helpful and also pay a sunday rate and bank holiday rate

Cons

have to work christmas and also other rescricted times

Overall - very poor

Working here over 6months and still earning less than the wage advertised when I applied.. Minimum wage for starters.. poor working environment and if your shop is busy no chance of taking lunch breaks.. in fact lunch breaks are non existent.. You never know your hours from one week till the next and are expected to work way more than contract states if part time.. and even when you think you do know your hours they will change them anyway.. all the perks have disappeared over the last number of years and bonus are slim and hard come by (unless you work for head office if course) they don't care about employees only themselves and cutting hours where possible to save money ... WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Pros

Cons

13hr shifts with no breaks or 4hr shifts seem to be the only options

Fun

Fun, fast and very different working environment. Enjoyed working here and can be a challenge, however long days can be tough but not expected to do to many.

exciting company to work for.

Every day was exciting and different. A good company to work for. Only down side was it has unsociable working hours. A person employed there would have to be of strong character and be able to handle a degree of pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paddy Power Plc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement