Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you fit the culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin25 May 2017
With aggressive culture and high pressure to perform, this is not the company for the faint of heart. Very fast paced, and a true meritocracy. Great place to learn digital early in your career.
Great People, innovative, fast moving
Promotions Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 May 2017
The best thing about PPB is the people who work there. The workforce is young, dynamic, innovative and hungry to succeed. The work is interesting and, for the most part, the people who work the hardest rise the fastest. Management, for the most part, are very good and the atmosphere is quite informal.
Pros
The people, the opportunities
Cons
Money is OK but not great
Not what it used to be
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 April 2017
Started as a dynamic and fun working environment and employees were given freedom to be creative. As with all companies eventually driven by Shareholders, profit became more important than staff.
Cost cutting led to less technology investment and loss of good staff. Sadly it became very bureaucratic and lost its appeal, the merger (takeover) by Betfair solidified the changes.
Great while it lasted though.
Paddy power
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath14 April 2017
Paddy power is a good company to work for i love the interaction with customers , its a very fast paced industry , with a large cash turn over , the work life balance in not the best and the 13 hour shifts can take there toll .
Avoid if at all possible
Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland12 April 2017
This employer has no sense of responsibility to the employees or customers. Employees are expected to up-sell and promote new products irregardless of whether the customer can afford it or not.
The working day can be up to 13 hours on a Saturday and it is virtually unheard of to get a full lunch break or other breaks under current Irish employment law.
If you are employed to work in a particular shop, check your contract, they can send you to another shop or area at their discretion as there is a lot of clauses in your contract of employment. The rules are always set in their favour, as is the nature of the gambling industry. It should also be noted, they do not support employees trade unions.
Web application testing
Senior Tester (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2017
Tested online betting system on n-tier systems
Involved rolling out updates on live server after testing was complete. Used Tcl on the server and some AJAX on the front end.
Good experience
Senior Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 February 2017
Providing customers with a high quality of customer service such as advising and guiding on any queries that may arise.
Responsible for processing bets from start to finish i.e. taking the bet, translating it through the system, paying out winning bets.
Cash handling.
Implementing Think 21 policy.
Good numeracy skills.
Promoted to supervisory level while working in Athlone.
Pros
Given managerial experience
Cons
Longs hours
fastpaced but fun working envoirment
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin23 February 2017
Loved working here but had to review hours , great company benefits and enjoyed working with customers from all walks of life, dealing with customer queries on a daily bases also helped me with life.
Pros
flexi hours to fit around kids and homelife
Cons
new contract meant working more evening / night hours
Merger slows everything down.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 January 2017
Good place to work in general, the merger slows things down a lot and that has made life more difficult of late. Hopefully that will work itself out soon.
Pros
Sport
Cons
Regulations always imminent
All good
Betting assistant (Current Employee) –  Monaghan (Urban), County Monaghan13 December 2016
Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
Difficult hours
productive, fun environment
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare8 December 2016
Paddy Power is a great place to work with great opertunity to further your career if you desire. I've worked with paddy power for the past 11 years and have enjoyed my time there. I've learned some great skills to take with me.
changing environment
Cashier - North Dublin (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 December 2016
I'm now mother and I think that I have a good handle on ethics. I'd like to now work in a job where its a good work/ home balance.
Enjoyable work place with helpful staff and loyal customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galway1 November 2016
I have a keen interest in sport and thus, thoroughly enjoyed my time working with this company. They were very accommodating working with my college hours and paid reasonably well.
Pros
always worked with someone
Cons
each day is different, good to deal with people on a day to day basis
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin25 July 2016
A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers.

I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
long hours and cannot progress further
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Clonskeagh, County Dublin19 June 2016
The teams in PPB are probably the best part of the company! You always feel like part of a family and there is certainly a sense of everyone working towards a common goal.

This has become less evident over the past while

The role I work in is challenging and fast paced - you are continuously challenged.
Pros
Excellent teams, really smart people and fun environment
Cons
Has become bureaucratic
Uncertainty Following merger
Product Team (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 April 2016
It's difficult to give an accurate review of PP going forwards as so much is up in the air after the merger with betfair. There are some great people working on some great products - i hope they're still there in 6 months!
educating
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Galway27 February 2016
Extremely difficult hours and not family orientated whatsoever. Promotion from within the company id difficult and is now moving to a new era of book making which is geared mainly for the IT sector of employees
Cons
very freindly and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saggart, County Dublin12 January 2016
Great customers, great work team, good hours and pay got on very well with everyone and received great help from my work mates when it was needed.
would not recommend
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin10 December 2015
No employees treated fairly all they care about is themselves. Employees constantly coming and going because of the treatment. Only positive is its above minimum wage but not worth it.
Pros
Zero
Cons
everything
Customer Service Agent
Bingo Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D26 November 2015
This was a great job. This made me learn what its like to be a customer service agent in Ireland. People can be difficult, but it made me learn that not all people are arrogant and rude.
Pros
Cons
Money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paddy Power Plc. Our community is ready to answer.