Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Ireland91 reviews
Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
I have a keen interest in sport and thus, thoroughly enjoyed my time working with this company. They were very accommodating working with my college hours and paid reasonably well.
Pros
always worked with someone
Cons
A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers.

I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
long hours and cannot progress further
The teams in PPB are probably the best part of the company! You always feel like part of a family and there is certainly a sense of everyone working towards a common goal.

This has become less evident over the past while

The role I work in is challenging and fast paced - you are continuously challenged.
Pros
Excellent teams, really smart people and fun environment
Cons
Has become bureaucratic
It's difficult to give an accurate review of PP going forwards as so much is up in the air after the merger with betfair. There are some great people working on some great products - i hope they're still there in 6 months!
Extremely difficult hours and not family orientated whatsoever. Promotion from within the company id difficult and is now moving to a new era of book making which is geared mainly for the IT sector of employees
Cons
Great customers, great work team, good hours and pay got on very well with everyone and received great help from my work mates when it was needed.
No employees treated fairly all they care about is themselves. Employees constantly coming and going because of the treatment. Only positive is its above minimum wage but not worth it.
Pros
Zero
Cons
everything
This was a great job. This made me learn what its like to be a customer service agent in Ireland. People can be difficult, but it made me learn that not all people are arrogant and rude.
Pros
Cons
Money
Great environment , long shift hours but good pay. And extra shifts were always available to get your paycheck a little higher.
Great facilities, great environment, great company, great people, great nights out, great days in, great place to work, but the on site canteen can be a bit hit and miss
Pros
Workmates
Cons
Canteen food is very hit and miss
A typical day in Paddy Power would firstly consist of coming into the office and log into your computer. Once you have logged in, you will then read over the daily brief which is made up the night before by the supervisor. The daily brief would give you information on all sporting events that is available to customers that day.
After reading over the daily brief I would then personally interrogate the system and locate popular sporting events that customers will be betting on for the day basically so I can access them quickly at a customer requests.

In Paddy Power Horse Racing is a popular market where customers will bet, so I will then get some information on popular Horses that are racing that day such a trainers, jockeys and the weight of how much the horse will be carrying while racing. The reason I do this is when a customers asked this information I am able to give it to them right away instead of holding the customer up while I have to go locate the information they ask for.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
late hours (some shifts can be from 6pm-2am)
Too much politics, no clear career path, and they like a lot yes man, so good to do experience for a while than leave, very routine job,
The main part of my job is to take care of all the customers needs with regard to placing bets, settling bets and dealing with any questions they need answered.

I have learned all most every way to deal with the wide variety of customers that use the service on a daily basis. From having a good business relationship to making there experience within the shop as personal to them as possible.

I enjoy the atmosphere between the workers and customers as everyone is comfortable in each other companies making the experience very enjoyable.
Paddy Power is an excellent company to work for, they try fit your hours around any restrictions you may have, staff are a pleasure to work with, some great advancements for someone interested in moving up through the bookies. Hardest part is the repetitive tasks but the customer are lovely and friendly
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
can be long hours over big festivals
Paddy Power was a fun place to work in especially at times it can be difficult managing customers in that type of industry. They give good benefits and try to look after staff socially at times.

It was tough doing nights shifts however I see this as valuable experience, this being the reason I stayed for the time I did.
Nothing is typical about working in Paddypower, the staff and customers have a great relationship.Upper management really understand that it is the staff that make Paddypower, they believe in the staff and give us a lot of leeway.

When your promoted to management you get a lot of support and advice, its a fast paced business so you learn very quickly.

the most enjoyable of the job is the unexpected comments and praise you get from your customers.
A typical day at work in Paddy Power is a day where you learn something new.
PaddyPowers is a brilliant company to work for,each employee is treated with respect and given equal oppoturnitys to progress in the company,Staff members were very friendly and worked well as part of a team.The only negative thing about working for them was the long days and hours witch I used to work,They also give a bonus at christmas and benifits in kind when you work days like cheltnham and grand national.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy as everybody knows the customer does not always win.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
PaddyPower is a great place to work. It's very person oriented and initiative is rewarded. The people are friendly and the culture of the organisation nurtures imagination and innovative thinking.
A typical morning would mean being in 40minutes before opening the shop, allowing plenty of time to do the cash checks, set up the floats and put up the shop displays. Once the doors are open it was non stop, dealing with all forms of customers, all of which got the same attention and always ensuring that they were receiving the customer experience so they would come back. Every day you would learn different pieces of information, maybe about a certain sport of the rules of racing, always developing. As far as co workers, you would only ever be working as one or two or one of three, so was a close nit group. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking and dealing with a wide variety of customers, loved hearing the stories and helping with any problems.
Pros
Nice work stations and equipment