Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Ireland107 reviews

Only okay

Long days little pay ,Working every weekend,Trying to get a weekend off can be hard. No incentive to move up in the company. Customers can be nice tho. And of they win they might tip u.

Pros

Customers when they are winning

Cons

Long hours, very hard to get a lunch break in peace, Can be shouted by customers alot when they are losing

Fun, exciting but at times lacked soul

There is a big effort to put emphasis on a 'start up' culture within the company. Slogans such as 'Relentless Will to Win' were common. While this contributed to a fun, exciting atmosphere to work in, at times it came across as quite shallow. There was some license to innovate and pitch new ideas but only if you could be sure there was a surefire efficiency or profit to be gained from doing so.

Great workplace

Paddy Power was great fun to work in and for someone who is as crazy about sport as I am, just a constant stream of information for it. i really enjoyed my time there.

Great place to work with great members of staff

Great job with great benefits certainly a unique job,lots Of great memories over the past 6 years but I just think personally myself that it is time for a new challenge

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long and unsociable hours

Educational

Paddy Power is a great place to work if you are looking to improve your retail skills, mathematical skills and communication skills. It is a very fast paced environment with many obstacles that may you need to be able to overcome. Working with Paddy Power has thought me to be better able to deal with difficult situations and that no matter the problem there is always a way to resolve it and make the customer happy.

Great place to work if you fit the culture

With aggressive culture and high pressure to perform, this is not the company for the faint of heart. Very fast paced, and a true meritocracy. Great place to learn digital early in your career.

Great People, innovative, fast moving

The best thing about PPB is the people who work there. The workforce is young, dynamic, innovative and hungry to succeed. The work is interesting and, for the most part, the people who work the hardest rise the fastest. Management, for the most part, are very good and the atmosphere is quite informal.

Pros

The people, the opportunities

Cons

Money is OK but not great

Not what it used to be

Started as a dynamic and fun working environment and employees were given freedom to be creative. As with all companies eventually driven by Shareholders, profit became more important than staff. Cost cutting led to less technology investment and loss of good staff. Sadly it became very bureaucratic and lost its appeal, the merger (takeover) by Betfair solidified the changes. Great while it lasted though.

Paddy power

Paddy power is a good company to work for i love the interaction with customers , its a very fast paced industry , with a large cash turn over , the work life balance in not the best and the 13 hour shifts can take there toll .

Avoid if at all possible

This employer has no sense of responsibility to the employees or customers. Employees are expected to up-sell and promote new products irregardless of whether the customer can afford it or not. The working day can be up to 13 hours on a Saturday and it is virtually unheard of to get a full lunch break or other breaks under current Irish employment law. If you are employed to work in a particular shop, check your contract, they can send you to another shop or area at their discretion as there is a lot of clauses in your contract of employment. The rules are always set in their favour, as is the nature of the gambling industry. It should also be noted, they do not support employees trade unions.

Web application testing

Tested online betting system on n-tier systems Involved rolling out updates on live server after testing was complete. Used Tcl on the server and some AJAX on the front end.

Good experience

Providing customers with a high quality of customer service such as advising and guiding on any queries that may arise. Responsible for processing bets from start to finish i.e. taking the bet, translating it through the system, paying out winning bets. Cash handling. Implementing Think 21 policy. Good numeracy skills. Promoted to supervisory level while working in Athlone.

Pros

Given managerial experience

Cons

Longs hours

fastpaced but fun working envoirment

Loved working here but had to review hours , great company benefits and enjoyed working with customers from all walks of life, dealing with customer queries on a daily bases also helped me with life.

Pros

flexi hours to fit around kids and homelife

Cons

new contract meant working more evening / night hours

Merger slows everything down.

Good place to work in general, the merger slows things down a lot and that has made life more difficult of late. Hopefully that will work itself out soon.

Pros

Sport

Cons

Regulations always imminent

All good

Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.

Pros

Interacting with the public

Cons

Difficult hours

productive, fun environment

Paddy Power is a great place to work with great opertunity to further your career if you desire. I've worked with paddy power for the past 11 years and have enjoyed my time there. I've learned some great skills to take with me.

changing environment

I'm now mother and I think that I have a good handle on ethics. I'd like to now work in a job where its a good work/ home balance.

Enjoyable work place with helpful staff and loyal customers

I have a keen interest in sport and thus, thoroughly enjoyed my time working with this company. They were very accommodating working with my college hours and paid reasonably well.

Pros

always worked with someone

Cons

each day is different, good to deal with people on a day to day basis

A typical day in Paddy power varies from one day to another. I am working in a very busy shop which has only been opened for about three years based in Stillorgan. My management role is the overall lookout of the shop, staff and customers. each day we are dealing with large amounts of cash, working long hours on computers and dealing with all sorts of issues or problems with customers and the basic running of the shop. we have built up a great clientele and really look after our customers going even further for them with promotions and amazing marketing offers. I have learnt how to work well under pressure and to be very patient. I have always worked well with the public but learnt how to deal with all kinds of people.

Pros

flexiable

Cons

long hours and cannot progress further

The teams in PPB are probably the best part of the company! You always feel like part of a family and there is certainly a sense of everyone working towards a common goal. This has become less evident over the past while The role I work in is challenging and fast paced - you are continuously challenged.

Pros

Excellent teams, really smart people and fun environment

Cons

Has become bureaucratic

Uncertainty Following merger

It's difficult to give an accurate review of PP going forwards as so much is up in the air after the merger with betfair. There are some great people working on some great products - i hope they're still there in 6 months!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paddy Power Plc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Paddy Power Plc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?