Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Tiring but good pay
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  dublin13 August 2015
Great environment , long shift hours but good pay. And extra shifts were always available to get your paycheck a little higher.
What's not to like
eGaming (Current Employee) –  Clondskeagh28 July 2015
Great facilities, great environment, great company, great people, great nights out, great days in, great place to work, but the on site canteen can be a bit hit and miss
Pros
Workmates
Cons
Canteen food is very hit and miss
Fun, Energetic, Lively, Great Experience
Dial-a-Bet Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1 June 2015
A typical day in Paddy Power would firstly consist of coming into the office and log into your computer. Once you have logged in, you will then read over the daily brief which is made up the night before by the supervisor. The daily brief would give you information on all sporting events that is available to customers that day.
After reading over the daily brief I would then personally interrogate the system and locate popular sporting events that customers will be betting on for the day basically so I can access them quickly at a customer requests.
In Paddy Power Horse Racing is a popular market where customers will bet, so I will then get some information on popular Horses that are racing that day such a trainers, jockeys and the weight of how much the horse will be carrying while racing. The reason I do this is when a customers asked this information I am able to give it to them right away instead of holding the customer up while I have to go locate the information they ask for.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
late hours (some shifts can be from 6pm-2am)
too much politcs
Online marketing executive (Current Employee) –  Clonskeagh23 April 2015
Too much politics, no clear career path, and they like a lot yes man, so good to do experience for a while than leave, very routine job,
Typical Day
Retail Betting Assistant (Current Employee) –  WX31 March 2015
The main part of my job is to take care of all the customers needs with regard to placing bets, settling bets and dealing with any questions they need answered.

I have learned all most every way to deal with the wide variety of customers that use the service on a daily basis. From having a good business relationship to making there experience within the shop as personal to them as possible.

I enjoy the atmosphere between the workers and customers as everyone is comfortable in each other companies making the experience very enjoyable.
fun place to work
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, D4 March 2015
Paddy Power is an excellent company to work for, they try fit your hours around any restrictions you may have, staff are a pleasure to work with, some great advancements for someone interested in moving up through the bookies. Hardest part is the repetitive tasks but the customer are lovely and friendly
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
can be long hours over big festivals
Fun workplace in difficult industry
Night e-Gaming Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 December 2014
Paddy Power was a fun place to work in especially at times it can be difficult managing customers in that type of industry. They give good benefits and try to look after staff socially at times.

It was tough doing nights shifts however I see this as valuable experience, this being the reason I stayed for the time I did.
A normal day in Paddypower
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D2 December 2014
Nothing is typical about working in Paddypower, the staff and customers have a great relationship.Upper management really understand that it is the staff that make Paddypower, they believe in the staff and give us a lot of leeway.

When your promoted to management you get a lot of support and advice, its a fast paced business so you learn very quickly.

the most enjoyable of the job is the unexpected comments and praise you get from your customers.
Fun, Fair & Friendly
Customer Support & Social Media Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 October 2014
A typical day at work in Paddy Power is a day where you learn something new.
No two days are the same
Releif Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin North, D22 September 2014
PaddyPowers is a brilliant company to work for,each employee is treated with respect and given equal oppoturnitys to progress in the company,Staff members were very friendly and worked well as part of a team.The only negative thing about working for them was the long days and hours witch I used to work,They also give a bonus at christmas and benifits in kind when you work days like cheltnham and grand national.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy as everybody knows the customer does not always win.
Pros
was close to home
Corporate PA / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, D15 July 2014
PaddyPower is a great place to work. It's very person oriented and initiative is rewarded. The people are friendly and the culture of the organisation nurtures imagination and innovative thinking.
Face paced workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden House, Rathfarnham24 March 2014
A typical morning would mean being in 40minutes before opening the shop, allowing plenty of time to do the cash checks, set up the floats and put up the shop displays. Once the doors are open it was non stop, dealing with all forms of customers, all of which got the same attention and always ensuring that they were receiving the customer experience so they would come back. Every day you would learn different pieces of information, maybe about a certain sport of the rules of racing, always developing. As far as co workers, you would only ever be working as one or two or one of three, so was a close nit group. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking and dealing with a wide variety of customers, loved hearing the stories and helping with any problems.
Pros
Nice work stations and equipment
Productive, fun and fast pace work place
Online & Telebetting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland11 December 2013
Great place to work, face paced always on the go. Always learning something new and provides great customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunch for big events and good staff morale
Cons
long hours and short breaks
Fantastic job
Call centre operator and Risk management settler (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, D11 November 2013
answering calls and placing bets, learned the betting industry inside out, no hard part of the job, co workers were great
Pros
everything
Cons
good
retail betting assiastant (Current Employee) –  Clondalkin, D22 October 2013
not a bad place to work for could be more staff friendly.wages good hours are brutal.
Pros
wages
Cons
hours
Exciting and dynamic
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dublin. Ireland20 September 2013
A typical day at this office consisted of excellent customer service and a great sense of humour. I learned a lot about behaviour, respect and customer service. The management were excellent, helpful and adventurous. My co-workers were the best bunch of varied people any employee could ask for. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of this job were the customers and the staff.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Unexlained/unacceptable balances
productive
organizing assistance (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2013
It helped my organization skills.
I learned how to be more organised.
I fixed the pens and papers, picked the papers off the floor.
I closed the shop everyday.
The hardest part was closing the shop and i had no break as i only worked for few hours.
I loved the free coffees that we got.
Pros
Got paid every two weeks
Cons
I didn't work for too long.
Productive and great fun
In this you had to be excellent with customers, quick on your feet thinking and excellent interested in sports which suit me down to the ground.
Productive & Fun
Software Engineer in Test (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland4 April 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was that we used almost entirely open source software, which meant that we were in turn allowed to contribute to it. Shaping the future of some cutting edge technologies was most rewarding!
Pros
casual atmosphere
Not Recommended
Middle management position (Marketing) (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 March 2013
Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.
People stay as much as they can and then leave.
Pros
modern headquarter, average salaries, quite central location, canteen ( you pay for)
Cons
a lot of politics, old core irish management, high pressurised, easy trigger (firing people), being irish strong advantage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paddy Power Plc. Our community is ready to answer.