Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Ireland107 reviews

Only okay

Long days little pay ,Working every weekend,Trying to get a weekend off can be hard. No incentive to move up in the company. Customers can be nice tho. And of they win they might tip u.

Pros

Customers when they are winning

Cons

Long hours, very hard to get a lunch break in peace, Can be shouted by customers alot when they are losing

educating

Extremely difficult hours and not family orientated whatsoever. Promotion from within the company id difficult and is now moving to a new era of book making which is geared mainly for the IT sector of employees

Cons

very freindly and enjoyable workplace

Great customers, great work team, good hours and pay got on very well with everyone and received great help from my work mates when it was needed.

would not recommend

No employees treated fairly all they care about is themselves. Employees constantly coming and going because of the treatment. Only positive is its above minimum wage but not worth it.

Pros

Zero

Cons

everything

Customer Service Agent

This was a great job. This made me learn what its like to be a customer service agent in Ireland. People can be difficult, but it made me learn that not all people are arrogant and rude.

Pros

Cons

Money

Tiring but good pay

Great environment , long shift hours but good pay. And extra shifts were always available to get your paycheck a little higher.

What's not to like

Great facilities, great environment, great company, great people, great nights out, great days in, great place to work, but the on site canteen can be a bit hit and miss

Pros

Workmates

Cons

Canteen food is very hit and miss

Fun, Energetic, Lively, Great Experience

A typical day in Paddy Power would firstly consist of coming into the office and log into your computer. Once you have logged in, you will then read over the daily brief which is made up the night before by the supervisor. The daily brief would give you information on all sporting events that is available to customers that day. After reading over the daily brief I would then personally interrogate the system and locate popular sporting events that customers will be betting on for the day basically so I can access them quickly at a customer requests. In Paddy Power Horse Racing is a popular market where customers will bet, so I will then get some information on popular Horses that are racing that day such a trainers, jockeys and the weight of how much the horse will be carrying while racing. The reason I do this is when a customers asked this information I am able to give it to them right away instead of holding the customer up while I have to go locate the information they ask for.

Pros

paid lunch

Cons

late hours (some shifts can be from 6pm-2am)

too much politcs

Too much politics, no clear career path, and they like a lot yes man, so good to do experience for a while than leave, very routine job,

Typical Day

The main part of my job is to take care of all the customers needs with regard to placing bets, settling bets and dealing with any questions they need answered. I have learned all most every way to deal with the wide variety of customers that use the service on a daily basis. From having a good business relationship to making there experience within the shop as personal to them as possible. I enjoy the atmosphere between the workers and customers as everyone is comfortable in each other companies making the experience very enjoyable.

fun place to work

Paddy Power is an excellent company to work for, they try fit your hours around any restrictions you may have, staff are a pleasure to work with, some great advancements for someone interested in moving up through the bookies. Hardest part is the repetitive tasks but the customer are lovely and friendly

Pros

great colleagues

Cons

can be long hours over big festivals

Fun workplace in difficult industry

Paddy Power was a fun place to work in especially at times it can be difficult managing customers in that type of industry. They give good benefits and try to look after staff socially at times. It was tough doing nights shifts however I see this as valuable experience, this being the reason I stayed for the time I did.

A normal day in Paddypower

Nothing is typical about working in Paddypower, the staff and customers have a great relationship.Upper management really understand that it is the staff that make Paddypower, they believe in the staff and give us a lot of leeway. When your promoted to management you get a lot of support and advice, its a fast paced business so you learn very quickly. the most enjoyable of the job is the unexpected comments and praise you get from your customers.

Fun, Fair & Friendly

A typical day at work in Paddy Power is a day where you learn something new.

No two days are the same

PaddyPowers is a brilliant company to work for,each employee is treated with respect and given equal oppoturnitys to progress in the company,Staff members were very friendly and worked well as part of a team.The only negative thing about working for them was the long days and hours witch I used to work,They also give a bonus at christmas and benifits in kind when you work days like cheltnham and grand national.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy as everybody knows the customer does not always win.

Pros

was close to home

Cons

PaddyPower is a great place to work. It's very person oriented and initiative is rewarded. The people are friendly and the culture of the organisation nurtures imagination and innovative thinking.

Face paced workplace

A typical morning would mean being in 40minutes before opening the shop, allowing plenty of time to do the cash checks, set up the floats and put up the shop displays. Once the doors are open it was non stop, dealing with all forms of customers, all of which got the same attention and always ensuring that they were receiving the customer experience so they would come back. Every day you would learn different pieces of information, maybe about a certain sport of the rules of racing, always developing. As far as co workers, you would only ever be working as one or two or one of three, so was a close nit group. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking and dealing with a wide variety of customers, loved hearing the stories and helping with any problems.

Pros

Nice work stations and equipment

Productive, fun and fast pace work place

Great place to work, face paced always on the go. Always learning something new and provides great customer service skills.

Pros

Free lunch for big events and good staff morale

Cons

long hours and short breaks

Fantastic job

answering calls and placing bets, learned the betting industry inside out, no hard part of the job, co workers were great

Pros

everything

Cons

good

not a bad place to work for could be more staff friendly.wages good hours are brutal.

Pros

wages

Cons

hours

Exciting and dynamic

A typical day at this office consisted of excellent customer service and a great sense of humour. I learned a lot about behaviour, respect and customer service. The management were excellent, helpful and adventurous. My co-workers were the best bunch of varied people any employee could ask for. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of this job were the customers and the staff.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Unexlained/unacceptable balances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paddy Power Plc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement