Paddy Power Plc

Paddy Power Plc Employee Reviews

Good job for having time between family life and most of the staff are friendly. Some of the older women managers are lazy. I Would love the job more if I got my breaks. This should be an essential. Everyone needs a break My eyes get tired if I don’t get a break from the computer screen.
PaddyPowers is a brilliant company to work for,each employee is treated with respect and given equal oppoturnitys to progress in the company,Staff members were very friendly and worked well as part of a team.The only negative thing about working for them was the long days and hours witch I used to work,They also give a bonus at christmas and benifits in kind when you work days like cheltnham and grand national.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep every customer happy as everybody knows the customer does not always win.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
PaddyPower is a great place to work. It's very person oriented and initiative is rewarded. The people are friendly and the culture of the organisation nurtures imagination and innovative thinking.
A typical morning would mean being in 40minutes before opening the shop, allowing plenty of time to do the cash checks, set up the floats and put up the shop displays. Once the doors are open it was non stop, dealing with all forms of customers, all of which got the same attention and always ensuring that they were receiving the customer experience so they would come back. Every day you would learn different pieces of information, maybe about a certain sport of the rules of racing, always developing. As far as co workers, you would only ever be working as one or two or one of three, so was a close nit group. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was talking and dealing with a wide variety of customers, loved hearing the stories and helping with any problems.
Pros
Nice work stations and equipment
Great place to work, face paced always on the go. Always learning something new and provides great customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunch for big events and good staff morale
Cons
long hours and short breaks
answering calls and placing bets, learned the betting industry inside out, no hard part of the job, co workers were great
Pros
everything
Cons
not a bad place to work for could be more staff friendly.wages good hours are brutal.
Pros
wages
Cons
hours
A typical day at this office consisted of excellent customer service and a great sense of humour. I learned a lot about behaviour, respect and customer service. The management were excellent, helpful and adventurous. My co-workers were the best bunch of varied people any employee could ask for. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of this job were the customers and the staff.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Unexlained/unacceptable balances
It helped my organization skills. I learned how to be more organised. I fixed the pens and papers, picked the papers off the floor. I closed the shop everyday. The hardest part was closing the shop and i had no break as i only worked for few hours. I loved the free coffees that we got.
Pros
Got paid every two weeks
Cons
I didn't work for too long.
In this you had to be excellent with customers, quick on your feet thinking and excellent interested in sports which suit me down to the ground.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that we used almost entirely open source software, which meant that we were in turn allowed to contribute to it. Shaping the future of some cutting edge technologies was most rewarding!
Pros
casual atmosphere
Paddy Power has been hiring a lot in the past year (as well as high skilled people leaving) as consequence of impressive growth. However the company is struggling to acquire a more international mind set. High pressure, little recognition and a lot of internal Politics. Career advancement: being Irish is a strong plus.People stay as much as they can and then leave.
Pros
modern headquarter, average salaries, quite central location, canteen ( you pay for)
Cons
a lot of politics, old core irish management, high pressurised, easy trigger (firing people), being irish strong advantage
Shop Duties include cash handling, shop presentation, dealing with custoners . Attending trainings to enhance your knowledge. Overall Fun Friendly and productive .
Cons
long hours, flexible days off.
you logged on into your computer and taking calls non-stop you get a break thats really needed, it is hard work and the management are ok but not your friends, the hardest part of the job is the abuse you get from some very fustrated customers you dont get backed up by the supervisors you just have to take it, going home...
Pros
going home
Cons
abuse