PALLAS FOODS

PALLAS FOODS Employee Reviews

Ireland38 reviews
hard job but good pay, nice people very friendly, nice staff, good products, fresh for customers, nice location, big warehouse, ambient cooler and freezer
Stress full, very hard job.If you care about your health, stay a way from this company and driver job.Orders come every morning in mixed condition,and that takes an hours to separate them.Daily payment, no overtime pay, no matter how many hours you work.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Over time not paying
Management is a joke. You’d be better off committing a crime and being sent to prison you’d be treated better there.
Staff are overworked for barely acceptable wage in comparison to the work you are expected to do.

Don’t expect to move up the ladder there you’ll only get that if you’re a favourite as managers play favourites there. Different rules for everyone.
Very poor management from HR Director to Team leaders. Unfortunately, you will be lied to by direct managers and they will behave in a complete unprofessional manner. Staff calling sick daily due to horrendous pressure.
Pros
People
I found my time working at Pallas foods very Demanding. I began my shift everyday at 18:30 and started picking from either the ambient warehouse or chill warehouse.I found it difficult to focus as there was very loud and aggressive music playing over the intercom all night which was in foreign languages. I found the management to be friendly and fair for the most part. For me, the hardest part of the job was not being certain what time you finish work. After my 8 hours were completed, it was expected that I must stay until all orders are picked. So I could work over 50 hours a week, which is good for earning a decent wage but there is no work/life balance.
a day at work is about doing your job and finish
I learn how to use a forklift

Great management

The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy weight

I was enjoy to get the feedback from the customer's
People been promoted without qualifications or experience a complete disaster from management . You’re left on your own devices management a complete joke. A lot of people hiding in a big company with fancy titles but nothing else . As they say the left arm doesn’t know what the right arm is doing
We were offered commission for the month of December if we met specific targets this after months was paid in March , we asked for months for the breakdown of commission never to be seen as was a pittance and did not reflect the commission structure that was given to employees, don't be fooled minimum wage and 2 meat hampers for top sales that were gone out of date.... Thanks Pallas foods
I worked there over the base of a summer in which it was a good experience and a well paying job in which time flew by in the workplace so working was quick enjoyable.
I give to Pallas food 5 star,this is the best company ever I worked ,had a good wage ,they paid all holidays.
Great stuff .

They also give a great bonus for Xmas

Really recommend this company
Good job, every is friendly, good teacher. Everything is good just for girls is to Hard job. And need to check locations, becouse is not to good first picking hard product, later easy product and again hard product...
early working hours - but also an early end, good organization, good strong team work, a lot of carrying, a lot of training, the company provides protective clothing
Good management team. They are trying to help you to solve the problems. Nice team work. I enjoy working. Is very important to go at work relaxed, without stress.
It's really difficult to comprehend that in a country near full enjoyment people continue to tolerate working in Pallas foods. It really is that bad. It's a business driven by greed by people who have no understanding of how to treat employees as human beings let alone as a valued and appreciated workforce.They will push your limits to breaking point and then toss you aside when they have exploited the last from you. The HR function in particular are complete mercenaries and will feed you sugar while knifing you in the neck. It's not all bad though and the top feeding directors congratulate themselves regularly for the amazing job they do of trying to squeeze the last drop out of their charges. They will even attempt to organise a very occasional "fun" event as a photo opportunity of how progressive and giving they are as a business, but this does little to mask the stench of discontent and is a transparent photoshoot for the American owners. But don't take my word for it. Just ask anybody working there.
Pros
Some decent people work in the lower levels.
Cons
Where does one start?
Very good good management a willingness to advance good driven workers and always willing to help in difficult circumstances dedicated to making business bigger and more efficient
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can't say anything bad about this place. Extremely busy during Christmas and bank holidays, but nothing horrible ..skilled management and very friendly colleagues.
Pros
Cons
Strict rules about holidays over Christmas and summer time
Good communication within the company friendly staff. worked there as a summer job good training at the beginning to get up up to speed. friendly management.
keeping performances, hight disciplinary but good wages. perfect managment and clean super clean place. bonuses for cristmas times. All wages on the time.
Pros
free cofe
Cons
overtimes
Has ethos of accommodating their custom needs and for promotion opportunities were offered as a reward for hard work and commitment. They were always doing research for new products and new ideas to meet the market needs. However when the company was taken over by american company some of the culture change in line with applying US standards,
Pros
Opportunities for promotion as a reward for hard work
Cons
Moved warehouse to Dublin as a better distribution centre
Early start 04:30 am then finished when all deliveries are complete, you learn typically good customer service and how best to delegate your time. Management are always available should you need them. As a driver the hardest part of the day is dealing with other road users. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you gave your customers a quality service
Pros
On going training
Cons
Physically hard work
Horrible work system setup. Up to 40 deliveries/700 items per day all of them mixed up on pallets in random fashion. Constant stress of next day as you never know how busy your route is going to be. You might get workload shifted from different trucks to you, resulting your shift being 13 hours long with no extra pay.
Extremely unsafe as you might need to break down all pallets for your first few deliveries with no work space to do so. It takes hours and is very frustrating as you dive in mess shifting same boxes from floor level several times destroying your lower back. If you trip and genuinely hurt yourself you'll get left wageless for weeks. This company has no respect for health and safety. Everything is just mindless ticking off boxes on paper sheet.

No food safety either as you have to literally walk on food to get across the truck.

Ignorant managment, they will always stop at nothing to prove you wrong. People leaving the job on daily basis. Some last only few days.
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Everything, the biggest one being stress affecting your life outside of work