PALLAS FOODS

PALLAS FOODS Management reviews

Fast paced, deadlines, high expectations.No chance of getting a pay increase, you stay at the same rate you start in.Toxic workplace culture due to management ignoring the problems & not listening to the workersHardest part of the job is your given short notice & expected to turn around in such a length of time. Repetitive & double jobbing.Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.You can never do enough. UnderstaffedWork loaded onto you. Cover holidays & do other peoples work.If you stand up for yourself, it is looked down on & you can be given a disciplinary depending on the circumstances.
Pros
Christmas Giftcard
Cons
Everything else
Management is a joke. You’d be better off committing a crime and being sent to prison you’d be treated better there. Staff are overworked for barely acceptable wage in comparison to the work you are expected to do. Don’t expect to move up the ladder there you’ll only get that if you’re a favourite as managers play favourites there. Different rules for everyone.
Very poor management from HR Director to Team leaders. Unfortunately, you will be lied to by direct managers and they will behave in a complete unprofessional manner. Staff calling sick daily due to horrendous pressure.
Pros
People
I found my time working at Pallas foods very Demanding. I began my shift everyday at 18:30 and started picking from either the ambient warehouse or chill warehouse.I found it difficult to focus as there was very loud and aggressive music playing over the intercom all night which was in foreign languages. I found the management to be friendly and fair for the most part. For me, the hardest part of the job was not being certain what time you finish work. After my 8 hours were completed, it was expected that I must stay until all orders are picked. So I could work over 50 hours a week, which is good for earning a decent wage but there is no work/life balance.
a day at work is about doing your job and finish I learn how to use a forklift Great management The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy weight I was enjoy to get the feedback from the customer's
People been promoted without qualifications or experience a complete disaster from management . You’re left on your own devices management a complete joke. A lot of people hiding in a big company with fancy titles but nothing else . As they say the left arm doesn’t know what the right arm is doing
Good management team. They are trying to help you to solve the problems. Nice team work. I enjoy working. Is very important to go at work relaxed, without stress.
It's really difficult to comprehend that in a country near full enjoyment people continue to tolerate working in Pallas foods. It really is that bad. It's a business driven by greed by people who have no understanding of how to treat employees as human beings let alone as a valued and appreciated workforce.They will push your limits to breaking point and then toss you aside when they have exploited the last from you. The HR function in particular are complete mercenaries and will feed you sugar while knifing you in the neck. It's not all bad though and the top feeding directors congratulate themselves regularly for the amazing job they do of trying to squeeze the last drop out of their charges. They will even attempt to organise a very occasional "fun" event as a photo opportunity of how progressive and giving they are as a business, but this does little to mask the stench of discontent and is a transparent photoshoot for the American owners. But don't take my word for it. Just ask anybody working there.
Pros
Some decent people work in the lower levels.
Cons
Where does one start?
Very good good management a willingness to advance good driven workers and always willing to help in difficult circumstances dedicated to making business bigger and more efficient
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can't say anything bad about this place. Extremely busy during Christmas and bank holidays, but nothing horrible ..skilled management and very friendly colleagues.
Pros
Cons
Strict rules about holidays over Christmas and summer time
Good communication within the company friendly staff. worked there as a summer job good training at the beginning to get up up to speed. friendly management.
Early start 04:30 am then finished when all deliveries are complete, you learn typically good customer service and how best to delegate your time. Management are always available should you need them. As a driver the hardest part of the day is dealing with other road users. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you gave your customers a quality service
Pros
On going training
Cons
Physically hard work
All is loaded on pallets,awesome mess,find goods for first few drops is impossible,when you open pallets goods is all over place,very unsafe walk between the pallets and manual handling as there is no room most times you walk on the boxes with goods. Only certain people work normal hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, bad management
The people I work with are sound. Good team work and camaraderie which makes the rest of it more tolerable. The management are just a different breed of mercenaries I have not encountered in my life. The new management are worse than the old and will smile to your face while knifing you in the back. At least some of the old lads were just plain thugs.The work is thankess and hard. The facilites are terrible and just announced closure of the warehouse where 60 lucky people get to leave with a small payoff.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Long thankless hours of physical labour for measley pay and tyrant management
Pallas foods is a big multi national company . What a joke to work for , management have no respect for workers, back breaking work picking off pallets all day 30 + calls a day no helpers , van drivers some times are helpers and get the same pay and more often more pay as they are payed by the hour , truck drivers are on a set wage, new drivers are paid the same regardless of experience or license categories. Better of staying away from Pallas foods , very bad attitude towards workers
Cons
Long hours hard work treated like dirt
terrible management attitude. no work life balance. no respect for drivers. no communication positive with workers. not a nice place to work. back breaking work with picking from pallets. Sending drivers out in RED weather alerts without any consideration for the health and safety of drivers
Cons
I used work here until recently. It used to be great and had a good friendly working atmosphere with everyone pulling together to get things done. But in the last few months especially it went downhill so fast. The atmosphere was toxic, I just had to get out of there. A new super warehouse in Dublin will be open in the next 6 months and senior management have done nothing to quell the fears and uncertainty in the workplace. To the contrary they have began to rule the place with an iron fist whilst whittling down the numbers gradually. Morale was as low in the warehouse as I have ever experienced in any job with almost everyone in there I know applying for jobs elsewhere before the inevitable cull. Those guys deserve the truth at this stage if nothing else. They are a good hard working bunch for the most part and if Sysco intend to pull the plug on this warehouse it will be a huge loss to the area.
Pros
Good bunch of lads in the warehouse
Cons
No communication whatsoever between senior management and the warehouse staff
What an absolute mess of a company - its extremely badly run. Personal saftey is ignored, respect for employees is non existence. And a work life balance - management wouldnt know what that means. Been working there over 12 months -night shift, constantly have received 3 month rolling contracts, just recently received 1 month contract. No respect for employees who work hard, keep their head down and get the job done. Very disappointing environment, people walking out of their at least once a week. staff moral is non existence.
Pros
its A job
Cons
too many to list - main one No Respect for their staff.
So far so good! I've been there a few months now starting off with Adecco agency work for 6 months (I couldn't recommend them highly enough, a great team) with the promise of full time permanent with Pallas Foods and what I've learned that you get back as much as you put in. In this day and age in Ireland, I would consider Pallas Foods one of the best companies to work for as in job security, management and hours. They're as fair as they can be. We're supplied with new trucks and if they're not new they're maintained so well, they may as well be new. So the canteen's not 'state-of-the-art', so what, if that's the only thing I can crib about, that's not bad. Management get stuff straightened out if there's a problem sooner rather than later - that's all you can ask. They follow the proper protocol as in filling out forms etc. too many places don't bother. The atmosphere is very good amongst the drivers - which are mostly foreigners but it's like everything, you put the effort in and you'll get it back 20 fold. I get on with them all and we give each other a 'dig-out' if one of us have too many calls etc. There's great camaraderie for sure. There hasn't been any pressure to work Saturdays (I work Mon-Fri) but if you want it, it's there. The hours are 5.30am - (approx.) 1.30pm You start off with around €500 take home and the longer your there the more it increases on a 6 mth basis with bonus at Christmas. Please note, these are my personal experiences of the company.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Early hours
I am working in warehouse last 6 years and I could say that this place is very bad managed since Sysco Corp bought that place. They expect twice more work without pay increase and managment do not motivate own staff.Management does not listen to employees and treats them like fools.Pallas Foods is building a new warehouse in Dublin and will be 4 times bigger and probably everyone in Newcastle West will lose their jobs within a few years.
Cons
Long hours, no personal life, no benefits, no helthcare cover