Pandora Jewelry

Pandora Jewelry Employee Reviews

Ireland32 reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,233 reviews

Awful senior management, Say goodbye to your social life

Loved the job for the first few months until there was a big changeover in management and our lives were made unbearable , unrealistic expectations , no credit for anything good but god forbid someone has an off day!!, no weekends off , sometimes 48 hour weeks even if you are part time, extremely toxic work environment , senior management are the biggest bullies out there

Senior management weren’t nice

Shop managers and colleagues were lovely however senior management put a huge amount of stress on everyone. We would get told off daily by senior management about conversion being low which was very hard on school midterms with lots of kids coming in to have a look. We also would get bad comments on our KPIS especially kpi’S dropping during sale. I started to get very unmotivated going to work everyday wondering what they would find to complain about today. There was also a lot of favouritism, senior managers would favourite stores over others and made it very noticeable in the work region group chat. I would love to see Pandora be more encouraging and positive to their staff as it really does create a toxic work environment with an awful staff turnover.

Stressful, no work/life balance , relatively good pay, terrible senior management

Your put in on the days you said you can’t do Overworked Expected to deal with rude customersNo stability in store - different instructions given by 4 people at once Prepare to never see family/friends again

Pros

Pay, discount

Cons

Terrible management, no time for personal life

Senior Management need to improve

This was a great company with a great environment for all staff and everyone had a really good working relationship with each other and respected each other. All stores traded well and most had increases year in and out even through the pandemic BUT all it takes is a change of senior management to totally destroy what the great brand had to offer to employees in Ireland. It’s such a pity as the brand itself is great and as retail goes was one of the best out there. Hope they take a really good look at themselves and realise that issues are not with the teams and managers, the issue is them. Get off your high horses and realise this and maybe if less fear/stress was put on your employees then they would be able to put their focus on their job which at the end of the day is to sell and make money and not to have this childish shocking behaviour from senior management that is destroying what once was a great brand to work for.

Pros

Hourly rate for Staff on level with lidl and Aldi

Cons

No work life balance

Do not recommend working here. No work / life balance. Management very ‘clicky’.

Management is very unprofessional. Both management and supervisors need more training. No work / life balance. Rosters are given out one day before week begins. Management do not care about your issues especially if they are close with the staff members causing the issues.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no work / life balance.

Over worked for little pay

Staff made do management jobs with little to no weekends off. While management have at least one day off each weekend with staff waiting weeks for a weekend off.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Zero social life and unfair management

Fun workplace

Loved my job a lot, only downside was the pay wasn’t sufficient for me to live on, no room for progression at the time as all positions were full but I would have loved to progress in this company

Pros

Bonus given when targets are met

Terrible management and unfair treatment

Management doesn't care about abusive clients (which are very frequent) and forces us to serve people who treat us badly or disrespectfully. If a customer complains about something, the employee id berated by management with no opportunity to tell their side of the story. Competitive targets to reach and goals to hit with no incentives or compensation for hard work, as well as no overtime pay despite overtime occurring every single day.

Pros

Good staff discount

Cons

Bad pay, poor management, no overtime

Don’t recommend

I would not recommend if you are looking for part time work, minimum wage monthly pay and there are often mix ups with the pay or bonuses, so you do not receive the correct amount. No work life balance, hours were 8 one week and 36 the next, as a part timer. Management disregarded college students and expected them to be fully available for all shifts and did not make allowances for exams. Management do not thank you or show any gratitude when you go above or beyond in your tasks, the motto that was often said was “once there’s money going in the till i don’t care”. Very false environment as there was often bitchiness between management, no communication either. You will also not advance further in this company if you’re not liked/don’t have connections. Manager would also deny staff time off regularly, while they were never present on shop floor and regularly left to go do shopping or hair/nail appointments. No system with rotas, were always put up at the very last minute.Constant turn over in staff, which doesn’t surprise me.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours, management

Soul destroying

So much pressure put on staff for very poor pay. Manager was barely present on shop floor would go get hair/nails/ food shopping and collect child even on busy days. When shop targets weren't reached, staff would be questioned by area manager and manager would just point fingers. A lot of rumours spread by manager about girls personal life, partners, weight gain/loss.

Pros

Cons

Pay, bad environment, too much pressure

Stay away

Stay away at all costs.. the money is absolutely shameful. The pressure you are put under is unbelievable. We,as a team tried our hardest day in day out and we were NEVER thanked! Senior management could not care less about their workers well being. Any problem that was brought to them was turned back on you. No trust whatsoever in staff.. had to sign our own jewellery everyday and we were also given body scanners to make sure people were not sneaking out (overly priced) jewellery in our underwear.

Pros

Cons

Pay, hours, rota, senior management

The way the place is run is ridiculous but some of the staff working there were nice. I did however, have a problem with management

No opportunity to advance if a manager doesn’t like you, they try to get rid of you in different ways such as making your work life uncomfortable and reducing hours. We often made the required bonus and then didn’t receive it because of higher up, greedy people The turnover of staff is ridiculous but not surprising. You’ll never receive any gratitude for any additional work you put in to help out the store

Cons

Bad management, no benefits, no opportunity to advance, not a nice friendly workplace.

No work/life balance

Awful environment to work in. Senior management are all terrible. Rotas are last minute, which leads to no work/life balance. Company does not care for you as a person, expected to always put your job before every other aspect of your life. Really long blackout periods where holidays cannot be taken also.

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, very little notice

Senior Management are awful

High targets set, unrealistic as we didn’t have the stock on hand to sell. Could never get a rota on time as head office would throw events and promotions on us last minute that would completely change the rota. Lack of communication from head office and area manager means that store managers rely on each other for information. All store managers are amazing at their jobs and don’t get the credit they deserve

Pros

Sociable opening hours

Cons

No thanks for any work you do, bad pay

A friendly & productive environment.

A typical day starts with cleaning the glass, making sure every display cabinet looks presentable & opening up the till to begin the day. I learned a lot about jewelry such as how its measured for each customers size & all the different metals. I improved my communication skills also. The job became stressful at times when it was very busy during Christmas season and customers were unhappy we didn't have the item they wanted in stock. The environment is super friendly and I would recommend working here.

Stay away

The hardest place ever to work. No work/life balance. All the company cares about is targets and KPIs. YOU are the last thing they think about. Not paid enough for the stress your put under

Pandora do not care about you

No matter how hard you work Pandora do not care. People who are unqualified end up in their positions. They do not care about your mental health or you as a person.

Dream Job

I have been working with Pandora for a number of years now and I have loved every second of it. Each member of staff I have met along the way have been amazing from head office, in store managers to seasonal staff, everybody has been a dream! I couldn’t rate this work place enough, I have met life long friends as well as found my dream job all while having fun!! There are many incentives and games constantly happening which are so achievable and keep you on your toes without being unrealistic. I cannot possibly fault Pandora as a company as they treat their staff as a family. I cannot wait for many more years with my Pandorians 👑

Overall horrible company to work for. I worked in management level and was barely being paid above minimum wage.

Long hours (40 hours min per week) and being paid a salary which was barely above the minimum wage. Very stressful trying to motivate staff and yourself to reach hourly/daily targets and constantly expected to up-sell to every customer! Never got a bonus at Christmas! Other than a one for all voucher which Xmas staff hired for 8 weeks also got the same!!! They never acknowledged any of the long term staff were loyal! Long hours, unrealistic incentives (your always competing with dublin stores who are always going to sell more than the country stores) and long days especially at Christmas time

Fun

great place to work lovely staff and great rewards. Very busy over the christmas period in which sometimes there were more staff required. Over all a great place to work

Such an amazing place to work

I worked in Pandora as a Seasonal sales assistant for the Christmas period and I absolutely loved it. While at first it can seem incredibly overwhelming you will be surprised how fast you learn everything. The training is provided and very informative so you never feel you're thrown in the deep end.It was very busy at Christmas and can be stressful but was rewarding when you reached your sales targets and helped someone get a lovely gift for a loved one. The jewelry is beautiful and it's fun to hear stories from customers about why they're buying certain things and who for. The best thing about Pandora for me was the people you worked with, I genuinely loved all the girls I worked with, they could not have been more welcoming and helpful. The managers were also amazing and you could tell they genuinely cared about the employees that worked for them. Overall it was an amazing experience and I would definitely work there again.

Pros

Discount, the people

Cons

Minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pandora Jewelry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement