Pat the Baker

Pat the Baker Employee Reviews

Dreadful pay that had to be watched as it was short as often as not.
Made work overtime without pay and told take it or leave.

No bullying policy effectively as it only applied to workers and never management.

Stay away......
Stressful working conditions mainly due to a bullying attitude from head office, low pay ,no regard for safety of drivers expecting them to drive in all weather conditions including red weather warnings.
False promises at interview level, job was advertised as a 5 day week but it was a 6 day week with the option of doing 5 but with a pay cut, company collapsed shortly after it set up in northern Ireland.
Didnt pay my holiday when I was leaving
Take me money from stimulating .

No manager to help you

Work 12,13 hours per day ,6 days in week

Doesn't want to pay overtime
I thought it was a well laid out and good all round job always kept busy and friendly co workers good local job in a small village
And very knowledgeable expirence
They are all very old school people.. Likr ti talk behind each others backs i fkind this out after the first to days of training..
I always think thry need new vans to old and unreliable
Pros
Cons
A lot
Cashed out after knocking your pan in. No uniforms . No health and safety No proper admin . Management don’t care . HR manager anonymous don’t work here . They don’t care about you . Just want you to work silly hours for little money
Bad pay
Bad hours

Promised full contract but over 30 people where let go as we where only hired for seasonal work at Christmas but wasn't told this in the interview stage only the opposite as everyone was told long contract but it's was a good thing I was let go because it's slave work if you like to have a life outside of work stay away
Ok so, started a job, went nearly 100 miles out of my way for a heath and safety session, which looked like it had been filmed in the 1960's.

Got the van, utter rubbish, cheapest thing that they could get racks in quickly enough.

Told to go out. First few weeks with a new product in bread you expect returns, but the volume was unmanageable.

Bread never caught on, some folk are set in their ways yes, but this was different, came up expecting to dominate and got right royally shafted.

Set hours were ok, you don't take the job if you don't like mornings.

Training was on the job, handhelds never worked properly. Paper book was your best friend but a nightmare for returns.

End of stock days where your van HAD to be cleared, sometimes wasn't possible.

Pay seemed to fluctuate between drivers.
Pros
The work day ended ( sometimes)
Cons
Bad pay, lack of leadership, nobody really knew what was going on.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pat the Baker?
I enjoyed being on the road with a good product for many years, and being left alone to get on with it, and when I needed assistance I got it when a problem arose my seniors immediately looked for a solution.
In recent years my supervisor would look for fault someone to blame, which of course serves no purpose other than to irritate the driver, the management

Then introduced an unmanageable number of lines which has left the company with no premium products but a plethora of bits and pieces. The company unfortunately don't consult with the people at the coalface, people who could help them.

But they choose not to do so
Pros
Food allowance
Cons
Management won't listen
You never com to work to this Company when you are not from family or friends,for worker from outside last hard job for the night shift for low wages, Word demage...
Pros
Zero
Cons
Never
Change route's which have a serious negative impact on all their long term employees.. No matter how hard and how long you work they'll only pay you for 8 hours. You have no chance of progressing and human resource's dont seem to care. Time and time again they prove to be clueless. Buying Irish pride was the nail in the coffin I'll give them two years before they go belly up. Utterly shameless shambles of a bakery.
Pros
Lunch allowance
Cons
Run by idiots
Worked for pat the Baker Long hours small pay dropping and picking up vans for no extra pay management who would hang you out to dry no staff loyalty each for their own worst company I ever worked for and I also didn't get my last pay either I wouldn't recommend it
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Less than minimum wage for the hours you work
Long hours little to no rewards.
After work hour phone calls, no respect for private life.

Over expectation from managers forcing you to exceed your shift and work for free. No overtime unless they are stuck for a driver and them you are bullied into working
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Long hours constant bullying from superiors
Pat's is the biggest Bakery in Ireland . The Directors ruled it there way or the high way.

You were never treated with full respect yr just a number if that they never able to keep staff. You were shifted around without them asking you could have holidays booked tickets got then timetable go up and your down for working your told work r go home

The staff were great everyone got on with everyone but bad working relationship with Management
Pros
free xmas party
Cons
too many to list
Very physical work,no communication between the management and staff,cut pay. Didnt receive the final wage after leaving the place. Wasnt paid for compulsory training sessions outside of working hours.
- packaging bread
- packaging crumb

- cleaning jobs

- cleaning machines
During my Executive PA role with Pat The Baker Ireland I was provided with the opportunity to increase my skill base. Through this roles, Ive spent time liasing with both highly professional personnel and with members of the public. I had an invaluable opportunity to fine tune my PC skills which included detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Outlook & Diary Management. I was primarily involved in vital weekly Sales tracking and reporting process and devised spreadsheets and detailed reports which were used as the primary point of reference in weekly/monthly and annual Sales Meetings. Multitasking was a huge part of every day in this role and strict attention to detail; proficiency and professionalism were paramount in maintaining this standard.

A challenging and varied role which I thoroughl enjoyed. I worked in an office with the Director of Marketing and the Marketing Manager and found it very beneficial working as part of a small but dedicated team.