Pathfinder International

Pathfinder International Employee Reviews

It was a great company and I really appreciate working with pathander international as a consultant. The availability and support from all the staff were helpful.
Too many politics and huge turn over. A lot of changes in the hierarchy leads to confusion, and restarting all over with every new management. No stability.
Pros
Junior and less seniority staff are very good
Cons
No appreciation from the management side- complicated top management
Buon Ambiente , Buon cultura , lavorano per la salute riproduttiva
Full time employer
Learned auditing,reporting,bank reconciliation,asset management,cash management

Work culture is multiple

Hardest part was bank reconciliation

Enjoyable was reporting
Pros
free transport
Cons
overworking
I was responsible for 11 government institutions
- 3 teacher training institutes

- 3 Health training centres

- 5 correctional institutions (prisons).
Pros
Diversity of working environments
Cons
Job overload
pathfinder international is an international NGO working equal right for reproductive health,as their modus operandi is RACI, reliable, accountability, consistent and innovation.
Un fort management
Capacité d’être former en cours d'emplois

Plusieurs opportunités de développement
Pros
Ecoute soutenue des staffs
Cons
Absence d'un cours d'anglais en cours d'emplois
They provide a great program for countries in need. It felt good going to work knowing that the company was doing good for others that didn't have it so well.
Pros
always food of some kind around
Cons
n/a
Poor management has resulted in layoffs, firings (from Executive team on down), as well as staff leaving due to a negative culture, it is sad to say this once well-meaning non-profit is not longer a viable institution.
Pros
none right now
Cons
toxic atmosphere and working conditions
- Etre positif et objectif
- Faire son planning

- Réussir tous les objectifs vises
Pros
plan téléphonique gratuit, assurance
Cons
manque d'encadrement des employes
It provides employees with good work ambiance. however, top management is a bit detached from other staff members. The company does not involve local staff in resource mobilization.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short leave
Pathfinder International is as an NGO and Work started at 7.30 am on a week day ,i gained experience in handling most accounting duties such as bank reconciliation among others .The management at pathfinder had created a nice working environment for the staffs.i cant say i had hard time at work it was mostly enjoyable since i like dealing with figures.
On a typical day, one has to contend with ensuring smooth running of the office and that grantees' ( there are 27 grantees at a point in time) are fund-starved and their activities are approved.

One lesson at Pathfinder International (PI) is the strong Monitoring and Evaluation ( M & E) component inserted in the programme which facilitates performance measurement.

The workplace culture at PI is very friendly, especially since staff were recruited at about the same time and stayed together ( with minimal attrition) till the project ended in April 2011.

The hardest part of my job as the head of Finance ( where i also combine some administrative role) was to say 'good bye' when project was nearing its end and was down-sizing.

It was enjoyable working at PI because of the convivial atmosphere that exited.
Pros
Team work among the staff
Cons
Given deadlines at short notice
Working at Pathfinder was a dream come true to save the world while growing my skills. It is hard work but everyone is always willing to collaborate and make it work. You really feel like you are part of a team. There are of course issues due to the current political climate but that is anywhere in this field right now. I would work there again in a heartbeat. I moved for family but there are many opportunities for professional development and I loved the people I worked with. Great benefits and pay.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hard work and hard deadlines
After my 7 days of joining, I was sick. As, there is no provision for any kinds of leave by organizational policy, I had to continue my duty with sickness. Which became great pressure for me both physically and mentally at that time
Meet clients in the office and later conduct home visit

Facilitation and community mobilization skills

Good

Flexible

Been Equipped through different training
Pros
Training allowances
Cons
Misuse of client goods and services
This organisation was a great culture of work , the senior of this organisation were vary friendly but strict regarding work,Project goal oriented and great teacher, in this organisation i learn lots of lesson of live which will always helpful for my carrier.and continuously help me.
Pros
Learn Liaison among Seniors officers
Cons
Salary was less
Pathfinder is a great organization and an excellent place to work. I highly recommend pathfinder to all who hope to have a fulfilling and challenging career in international development and public health.
Pros
Great people, good managers, excellent opportunities
Cons
none that I can think of
My typical day at work would be a good vobes only working environment, focused on the job,helpful and getting along with my coworkers
I learned to work better with not only my age group but with people of different age groups too

Management there was good.

work place culture was great.

The hardest part of the job was walking very long miles during the researches.

The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly getting paid at the end of the day after a long hectic 10hours working day.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
No breaks all day i worked.
Technical support teams based outside of the field are currently being reduced or removed, and impact on projects has yet to be seen. Suggest to wait a few years to see if it becomes more stable.
ConsultAIDS I.E.C. Consultants offers a friendly and conducive working atmosphere. The small team of 6 Consultants and 2 office staff is well integrated and cohesive. The Team Leader practices a workable open-door policy and has inspired all of us to work hard to uplift the welfare of the society we serve and support. She leads by example and is fair, firm and friendly.
For the past 6 years we have undertaken projects with both the public and private sector partners ad have met most of our targets.
Pros
We had a lean, mean and cohesive team that has grown over time.
Cons
The Consultancy firm often faces funding problems