Peninsula Business Services

Peninsula Business Services Employee Reviews

Competitive but supportive

I was working in sales department, so it’s very fast paced and competitive, but if you’re good you’ll get serious reward for this. The commission scheme is great. If you’re not performing, you’ll be managed, which is fair. It’s a great company, everything in this area is by the book. What I really don’t Like, it’s that UK team gets campaigns, which IE team does not. Otherwise I would recommend, but you need to work hard, and be best in your job.

Pros

Commission, 9-5 job, no overtime needed.

Cons

Preferences

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 4-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have had you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Trainee Business Sales Executive. It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoyed working at Peninsula, and that you loved the rewards linked to your role. The pace can be fast sometimes at Peninsula but this is so that we can deliver exceptional service to our clients. If there is any concern around this or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager.We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.comKeep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Supportive employer - health and safety

Fast paced and varied health and safety employer, invests in technology and the role is enjoyable. Work with great colleagues and enjoy visiting a different place every day.

BSC role

At the end of your 2 weeks training you will be required to pass a written and role play test, if you fail two attempts you will lose you’re job right there and then so if you’re handing in your notice with your current employer on the basis of receiving the £40k guarantee which is subject to hitting certain targets and can be taken away at any point, think carefully. Most people do pass however I’ve seen people fail. In my time at Peninsula being motivated is essential however when every morning and after every lunch you’re face with negativity during your buzz meeting with your manager (the person meant to lead by example) it can be quite difficult especially when told if they sales director says jump, you say how high, how long should I stay up here and when I can I come down. If you have limited to no sales experience in sales this is a great place to earn half decent money as you won’t know any different. It’s dog eat dog people stealing leads from one and other and not really the modern day culture you expect within the workplace in 2022. There are many places you can go to earn the same money however they won’t let you think that’s the case. 80%+ of the people I’ve seen join have left and there must be a reason behind that. They want to blame everyone else for that statistic but themselves and the way they manage and treat their sales staff. BEWARE, BEFORE JOINING THINK VERY CAREFULLY AND GO FOR OTHER INTERVIEWS TO REALLY FIND WHAT’S BEST FOR YOU.

Okay if you like working on your own

I spent almost 2 years at Peninsula. My management team were brilliant and supported me through some personal issues that I had throughout my employment. The business were also fantastic during lockdown and continued to pay us our full salary. As well as the above, there are some decent benefits of working for Peninsula. However, there was a work / life balance issue working for Peninsula. During my time, we had to achieve 7 visits and some of those could be miles apart if they hadn’t been arranged by me. Then there was the time taken to complete the reports which could take hours and there was only a day and a half permitted for this. I now believe the number of visits has gone up which seemed to coincide with the arrival of the most recent Director. During the end of my time with the business, we had to achieve a combination of 9 visits / calls which was the final straw for me. My review is based on my time with Peninsula and not a reflection of what it’s like there now. I would suggest that if you like working on your own, this is the job for you. If you like working with and seeing your team members regularly, look elsewhere. My time was as enjoyable as it could’ve been because of my management team.

Good starting point

- very fast paced - gain incredible knowledge in a short space of time - initial training very in-depth - stressful & target heavy environment - not much support after initial training - contact centre environment - no time off the line - no employee engagement at all- not empathetic towards employees

9 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your time working with us at Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognize here at Peninsula. Our management teams work closely with all our colleagues to help towards achieving KPIs and, ensuring everyone has the resources they need to fulfil their role effectively and, provide exceptional round-the-clock service to our clients. If there is any concern around these targets or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged. We treat all of our colleagues fairly and recognize the hard work of all our team members; we do run several incentives across the group and within teams to reward good work, and to thank our colleagues. Additionally, we have several weekly bulletins to celebrate the successes of our colleagues across teams.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Horrible Company to work for!

This company attempted to kill me and very nearly succeeded. I left my role due to suffering a nervous breakdown caused by Peninsula. During my tenure I was managed by 3 managers in total. A typical day would entail me leaving at 6.00 am in the morning to try to get over the forth bridge for my first meeting.Appointments would be shoehorned in to my diary without giving me adequate time for my journey.

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your time working with us at Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula and, we are deeply sorry if you ever felt you were treated unfairly. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Great place to work...if you work in the right dept

I joined Peninsula about 8 years ago and it definitely changed my life for the better! If you are willing to get stuck in then you can make good money and a decent career for yourself.

Pros

They recognise hard work and you can progress

Cons

Don't work in client services...poor relations, low pay and not regarded or recognised for the job they do

12 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula and, thank you for your 8+ years' service so far! However, we are concerned about some comments left in the cons section.We would like to understand more as to why you feel you are recognised for hard work and can progress but, you mentioned low recognition in your negative section. We offer our 6 monthly reviews, where all employees have the opportunity to progress through our transparent pay banding scales based on performance. Those employees who meet the standards required are rewarded well and, also have opportunities to benefit from our bonus scheme, profit share and commission schemes. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com - Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Terrible terrible terrible place to work!

Awful work life balance. So much pressure and incredibly micromanaged. Terrible company to work for. And don’t sign the training agreement because they will hound you for it

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us but, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula, and we are sorry if you ever felt you were treated unfairly. We provide the relevant training at the onboarding stage of joining the company. We would like to understand more on the point listed in your review that you felt you were being 'hounded for a training agreement'. If you are willing to share more information on this including your location/team, please could you send this to reviews@peninsula-uk.com - This review inbox is completely anonymous. We hope to hear from you soon.

Over worked and stressful

Constant pressure on targets that are quite unachievable, you’re expected to stay behind to finish tasks before they go ‘red’. Horrible place to work within very draining, no work life balance. Poor salary for the amount of work expected, especially with a half an hour lunch daily. If you’re struggling it’s hard to get help you’ll highly likely get ignored or get no useful resolution.

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us but, we're concerned about several of the comments made in your review.As with most businesses, all of our colleagues have KPIs in order to ensure we can deliver exceptional round-the-clock service for which we are renowned to our clients. If there is any concern around these targets or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged. In regards to employee breaks, the 30minute lunch break fits within the legal requirements. We do not stop employees from taking other small screen breaks when they require. Our employees have full access to the staff kitchens when they wish to use.It makes us disheartened to read that you felt you were ignored. We would like to know more about this and if this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We hope to hear from your soon.

Do not work here

I worked for Peninsula for a short period of time, hoping i would start enjoying the job. However I hated it! It is all consuming, mentally draining. It is highly target driven and your tasks are in traffic light format (in line with SLAs) and you don't want any tasks in red. Whilst these are on your computer screen you are still expected to answer phone queries and have to ask for permission to log off to deal with tasks on the screen. I found myself tapping my foot for ages instead of going to the toilet so I could finish my tasks and not having any beverages as that took up time (and would cause me to want to go to the toilet- which I had no time for). You also have to upsell services which comes into your performance stats!!! Also, you are made to sign a training agreement - if you do decide to work for Peninsula do not sign it!!! Check with CIPD as centres are no longer allowed to do individual certificates- question this thoroughly as when you leave (staff turnover is high) this money will be deducted from you! Essentially they take advantage of people and treat them like machines! There is very little support and no culture of belonging - you don't have time to establish relationships as you are too busy! Some managers are fine but they too are overworked.

Pros

Good to establish employment law knowledge and you deal with a range of cases

Cons

Long hours, you never finish on time, and terrible workplace culture - not in line with CIPDs ethos - making working lives better.

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us but, we're concerned about several of the comments made in your review.As with most businesses, all of our colleagues have KPIs in order to ensure we can deliver exceptional round-the-clock service for which we are renowned to our clients. If there is any concern around these targets or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged.The wellbeing of our ever-growing team is our utmost priority, and we are committed to making improvements to ensure employee satisfaction and happiness. That’s why we value communication so that we can understand any concerns and put effective arrangements in place to solve them.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Peninsula Business Services?

Not a fun place to work

Little work life balance, the higher management expect everyone to invest as much as them with none of the benefits of their position. Thankfully I avoided it but I heard horror stories of just how badly people can be treated, not a fun place to work, everyone needs to lighten up a bit. Very money focused rather than being in favour of their clients.They also make you think the benefits package is amazing but other than your birthday off it is literally the bare legal minimum.

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us but, we're concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula, and we are sorry if you ever felt you were treated unfairly. As with most businesses, all of our colleagues have KPIs in order to ensure we can deliver exceptional round-the-clock service for which we are renowned to our clients. If there is any concern around these targets or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged.The wellbeing of our ever-growing team is our utmost priority, and we are committed to making improvements to ensure employee satisfaction and happiness. This is why we offer a big range of employee benefits such as Profit Share Scheme, TGI Fridays, Bakers Breakfast and much more. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nice company to work for with strong management.

Very supportive company, with very good CPD options, nice company to work for with strong management. Very good benefits and generous pension combined with an easy to operate user friendly employee interface.

Pros

Excellent CPD, management and work systems.

Cons

Long hours which can be travel.

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have had you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Health & Safety Consultant.It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoyed working at Peninsula, and that felt well supported within your team and managers. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Opportunities for development

I have worked for Peninsula for over 5 years, within my time here I have grown so much professionally with the help of supportive management and training and development opportunities. In my time here I have progressed from an entry level role to a health and safety advisor. Peninsula gave me the time and support to be able to complete my NEBOSH General Certifcate. My role is fast-paced but my workload is never unmanageable. The health and safety department in particular offers a great workplace culture. The referral incentives also ensure that I can make a bit of extra money every month. My only concern with working for Peninsula is that I am not paid fairly for my role.

Pros

opportunities for commission and training incentives

Cons

pay

12 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and 4-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Health & Safety Advisor and, thank you for your 5+ years' service so far! It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that you feel well supported by your management team - which has only allowed you to grow into a more experience H&S Advisor. The pace at Peninsula can be fast but it is great you can embrace this within your role. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Great place to start a health and safety career

Fast paced but a Great place to learn new health and safety skills. I have felt supported and gained in confidence as I have progressed in the business.

Pros

Opportunity to progress with realistic targets

Cons

Commuting

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Health & Safety Advisor. It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that you feel you learn new skills relating to your role. It's great to hear that you have gained confidence since joining Peninsula! We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Supportive management, challenging work

They're very target-focused, but that's part and parcel of a corporate-level business. If you're good at what you do and you put the effort in, they'll support you to be better and do better. Less about pushing, more of an encouragement approach. Culture is very inclusive, lots of team activities you can choose to be part of, lots of benefits and opportunities promoted all the time.Customer-facing (taking and making calls), so probably the hardest part is dealing with some of more difficult ones. On the flip side, talking to customers can also be the most rewarding part of the job - they can be very positive and advising on their problems gives a real sense of accomplishment.

Pros

Referral opportunities for extra cash in your payslip. Occasional free breakfast / lunch, meals out, competitions.

Cons

Very target-driven, not the best basic salary.

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 4-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a H&S Advisor.It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that love many different aspects related to your role. It's great you are left feeling you can really make a difference. We're pleased that you really enjoy the training we provide giving every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. It also makes us happy to read that you recognized Peninsula's culture and values.We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Invested in my future

I have worked here for 6 months now and in that short time I have been treated like a valued and trusted employee. My team leader and manager are looking to provide additional training to allow me to move forward in my career with Peninsula.The team I work in is a close team with good experience and knowledge that is shared around to help make my role easier. We are all pushing forward together to get the best for our clients.

Pros

Free breakfast, Social events as a team

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Health & Safety Advisor. It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that you feel you have been treated like a valued and trusted employee. It's great to hear that you feel well supported by your team and managers. There is a varied mix of different experience knowledge with teams alike yours, who are eager to pass onto new starters. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Great place for career progression and development.

As a consultant travelling around to visit clients there is a lot of variety in your working day which makes the role very interesting and always meeting new people and learning something new. It's great to be able to support and help clients improve in health and safety and reduce risk for their employees.Working from a home based office also has it's benefits.Great place for career progression and development with very supportive managers to help you progress both personally and in the business.

Pros

Great team, very supportive mangers, investment in new technology.

Cons

Lots of driving (but I enjoy it)

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Health & Safety Consultant.It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that you love the wide variety of duties linked to your role. It's great that you are left feeling you can really make a difference.We're pleased that you really enjoy the training we provide giving every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

A fast paced but positive working environment for which you can make a difference to your client.

I’ve worked at Peninsula for nearly two years now and prior to beginning this review I have to say that during the COVID-19 Pandemic they looked after their staff fantastically, during the first lockdown staff were furloughed and this was matched to 100% of staff wages, they constantly updated staff throughout the pandemic and have worked consistently for their clients throughout the Coronavius pandemic which has meant as an organisation not only have they bounced back but have actively grown as a company which is fantastic.I can only speak for my own experiences within the company which have been nothing but positive. From the on boarding induction process and support through from my team leader and area manager have been nothing short of fantastic. The company actively encourages personal growth and will support you to ensure this is achieved. The company have actively invested in improving the workflow efficiency by creating bespoke reporting systems and tools for the health and safety team which in turn enable us as a department to spend more time with the clients and less time on admin tasks which is a massive bonus.You will also meet some amazing clients and really grow your knowledge as a safety practitioner, you also have the support and guidance of the other consultants within the team, everyone really works well to support each other.My only constructive criticism which is one that has improved in recent months is the sharing of information between departments is not at a position it could be in, however this has been improved massively in the recent months, -

Pros

Fantastic bonuses, Supportive team, competitive salary, invests in technology

Cons

Information sharing but its improving

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Health & Safety Consultant. It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that when we were faced with uncertain times, you still felt well supported by us. We're pleased that you really enjoy the training we provide giving every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. It's great to read that you feel you have all the essential tools to be able to do your job. The wellbeing of our ever-growing team is our utmost priority, and we are committed to making improvements to ensure employee satisfaction and happiness. That’s why we value communication so that we can understand any concerns and put effective arrangements in place to solve them. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Great place to work!

Working at Peninsula has been great. As a Safety Consultant I get exposure to a vast array of industries. This means one develops into a well-rounded expert. The company provides great incentives, and excellent autonomy in the role. My Management has supported me brilliantly, and my colleagues are like minded. My time at Peninsula has been very worthwhile.

Pros

Exposure to industries, autonomy, incentives

20 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Safety Consultant.It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoy working at Peninsula, and that you feel you get valuable experience from a large mixture of industries. It's great to read that you feel well supported by your management team and colleagues. We also really do value our team members and this is why we run several incentives across the group and within teams to reward good work. So it's great to know you love the one's we currently offer! We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Sales orientated

All about getting money in.Sometimes you need more time to explain ER issues to a client, for example, someone who has a carer, who has inadvertently become an employer and has no understanding of Employment law.As a consultant I sat watching a screen with green balls that turn amber then red if your call is too long and wo betide you if you get a red ball!Also was reprimanded for logging on 30 seconds late..seriously, after a 2 hour commute, 20 minute walk through Manchester and having waited over 5 minutes for my computer to boot up! Micro managed, demotivating. Good exposure to lots of different types of business though for experience

Pros

Good experience and training

Cons

No flexibility

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your time working with us at Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula, and we are sorry if you ever felt you were treated unfairly. As with most businesses, all of our colleagues have KPIs in order to ensure we can deliver exceptional round-the-clock service for which we are renowned to our clients. If there is any concern around these targets or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Worse place I ever worked

There is a culture of managers in this organisation that don’t listen and push people out if they don’t like. Anyone that has worked there never had a good experience.I was a well experienced executive and I have never seen a place where they treat staff so badly.They are a HR company that gives advice to clients but their own HR practices are a disaster to put mildly.

Pros

Cons

Longs hours

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your time working with us at Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peninsula Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Peninsula Business Services with

Learn about Peninsula Business Services in popular locations

• Peninsula Business Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?