Peninsula Business Services
View all Peninsula Business Services reviews

Peninsula Business Services

Peninsula Business Services Employee Review

Competitive but supportive

I was working in sales department, so it’s very fast paced and competitive, but if you’re good you’ll get serious reward for this. The commission scheme is great. If you’re not performing, you’ll be managed, which is fair. It’s a great company, everything in this area is by the book. What I really don’t Like, it’s that UK team gets campaigns, which IE team does not. Otherwise I would recommend, but you need to work hard, and be best in your job.

Pros

Commission, 9-5 job, no overtime needed.

Cons

Preferences

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 4-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have had you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Trainee Business Sales Executive. It is wonderful to hear that you really enjoyed working at Peninsula, and that you loved the rewards linked to your role. The pace can be fast sometimes at Peninsula but this is so that we can deliver exceptional service to our clients. If there is any concern around this or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager.We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.comKeep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

Same location

Worse place I ever worked

There is a culture of managers in this organisation that don’t listen and push people out if they don’t like. Anyone that has worked there never had a good experience.I was a well experienced executive and I have never seen a place where they treat staff so badly.They are a HR company that gives advice to clients but their own HR practices are a disaster to put mildly.

Pros

Cons

Longs hours

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your time working with us at Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Same location

A horrible work environment

I worked in peninsula for many years so I have witnessed the complete working environment from all aspects.This company is all about getting as much out of its workers at any cost with no respect or dignity to anyone expect a few chosen employees whom are put on a pedestal every end of quarter, but even when their time is up, they too are quickly dumped on the scrapheap All the management must possess this one quality, '' Lie to your staff and,, future staff at interviews while looking them in the eye and tell them they are liars when the reality dawns that they have possibly given up a good previous position to work at a company who don't care about them.I left because I could not afford to work there anymore despite being told that I would make double what I made previously and I was one of the highest achievers in the Irish business Covid showed how bad this company is and most of the longstanding experienced staff resigned, while those that are still there have been horribly treated by management in Dublin at the direction of UkThe sales team are forced to stand in their workplace if they don't achieve their target, this during covid,projecting the virus into the environment resulting in employees getting very ill. How they got away with this is still a mystery to current employees whom I still speak with regularly and they say its a hellhole now,

Pros

Bar all management, most employees are lovely

Cons

Poor pay, toxic work environment, constant pressure, guaranteed nervous breakdown

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your time working with us at Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula, and we're sorry if you ever felt you were treated unfairly. The wellbeing of our ever-growing team is our utmost priority.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

The worst place I have worked.

The upsides: your brilliant colleagues and leads ( all of whom deserve a lot more) and the training. The downsides: mainly management. The job itself is enough pressure without the addition of management constantly threatening to discipline you. Everyone (junior and senior staff on different salaries) are expected to meet the exact same targets which is not fair whatsoever and if you don't management will discipline you. Even if you get all of your work completed. Staff retention is non-existent here- you will see once you come in, turnover levels are insanely high. For an HR company, they certainly lack HR practices. If you have any issues with mental health you are told to phone a random EAP number and sort yourself out that way. Management is totally unapproachable and really love to exercise their power over their staff. I had high hopes for Peninsula but was left bitterly disappointed. Another thing is, you are expected to complete all of your tasks before you leave, which sometimes means staying behind for hours, WITHOUT pay. Brilliant.

Pros

Colleagues and training

Cons

Management, weekend and late hour shifts.

21 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us. We're really pleased to hear you enjoy working alongside your colleagues however, we're concerned about several of the comments made in your review.The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula, and we're sorry if you ever felt you were treated unfairly. Also, another one of our top priorities is the wellbeing of our staff. The wellbeing of our ever-growing team is our utmost priority, and we are committed to making improvements to ensure employee satisfaction and happiness. That’s why we value communication so that we can understand any concerns and put effective arrangements in place to solve them.We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further with you. If this is something you’re happy to do, please let us know by emailing reviews@peninsula-uk.com. You can opt to remain anonymous upon contacting us too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peninsula Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement