Penneys

Penneys Employee Reviews

Ireland223 reviews
customer oriented
The shop would become very chaotic during peak hours and it was difficult to maintain a clean floor. The stock was filled once or twice everyday. The staff were assigned there roles on an hourly basis which was very organised. breaks were always given fairly and the staff were very friendly and patient with customers.
Horrible company to work for! Dreadful time
The worst place in the world to work for, the management are an absolute disgrace I worked in Liffey Valley store and the way you’re treated is a joke
Inconsistent work environment
Not all branches operate equally. Culture or favouritism is rampant. No full time contracts available. Work life balance poor . Company policies bordering on legally questionable.
It was awful.
It was awful, stuck in the stockroom. Management don't listen. Other staff were lovely, Good rate of pay for teenagers. Gave me too many hours during the school week.
Bullying manager
Great place to work but don't get sick or have mental health issues as It was used to intimidate me and wear me down left me weak and intimidated I was sacked because of a bully of a manager
Temp staff
During busy periods was best as the day flew, especially when you were on the tills. Working on the floor and keeping your section tidy could be a bit taxing but it’s fine when the store is less mobbed.

Some really lovely people working here but unfortunately a few sour apples can spoil the whole bunch. Certain members of staff and a few managers in particular should really consider a career change to something that deals with people a little less because people skills is something they clearly lack..
Superbe expérience
Je garde un très bon souvenir de mon expérience au sein de l'équipe de Primark de Blanchardstown, Dublin. La direction était au top, avec les superviseurs très sympatique, à l'écoute et très bienveillant. L'équipe s'entendait super bien ensemble, donc les journées passaient très vite. J'ai été recruté pendant l'été 2015 et j'avais été proposé un CDI, que j'ai du malheureusement refuser car je partais à l'étranger le septembre pendant un an (l'année ERASMUS).
Good to work for
Good to work for , good pay but should be increased for what you do. It can be stressful at time's but it can be satisfying aswell. Love the interaction with the customers especially the older one's.
Good job
Management can be quite rude and uninspiring in some stores , only some though usually they are quite nice people overall!

Work is easy and relaxed , show up do some stuff and go home!

Pay is great for the type of work you do!
Retail Assistant
Was a good experience worked in Penneys. Was my first job in another country. All the employees was very patient with me. The environment to work is very good!
Productive and fun workplace
Nice staff but customers have no respect for you. It is a nice place to work. The work can be very tedious and you are constantly on your feet. Met a lot of nice people there though.
Avoid working for this Company
Avoid accepting a position in the Swords branch new manager AD incredibly rude & hasn't a clue how to manage 2 flees let alone staff. Extremely busy store with multi cultural staff & customers, little or no training given
Pros
Cons
Not the best
Managers forget your name so make sure you have a name tag.
customers can be very rude to cashiers.

some staff members can act superior to new members
Pros
Christmas dinner, weekly pay
Cons
long hours, rude people
Pennys Killarney
I worked for the christmas period in penny’s killarney. i really enjoyed my time there, its a relaxed atmosphere but fast paced also. There is little stress involved and the money is excellent. Ideal for young people and students. The only downside is getting a contract renewal is difficult.
Fast-paced, Fun, Tiring but worth it
The managers were very friendly so were the staff but they were very cliquey. It takes times to figure out where all the stock is and how the place works, but it is not that hard. Once you figure out everything, it is very fulfilling to be able to help a customer and make your managers proud.
Not great
Bad communication
Managers give all the new staff the worst jobs and all the older women basically do nothing.

Never get a day off you ask for

Hard work
Fantastic work environment
One of the greatest places I have ever worked. Fast, modern, challenging, exciting. Every day was a buzz working with great people. The team spirit from the top down was solid.
Loved it
Loved it, really fun, nice people. Easy to manage college and work.
Good pay, good stock, great atmosphere.

Would go back at work again for a season..
fast paced
Very fast paced work environment
promotion prospects ok

I have enjoyed my time with the company but opportunities at my current level are limited at present
Good working atmosphere
Penneys longford though a small store in the network was very busy. The team at this store were very helpful and assisted me in learning the processes and how to deal with the customers. I enjoyed my time in the store very much
Fast pace and good wages.
•Good wages for the retail industry.
•Great leeway for needing time off and quite lenient and understanding if you are genuinely ill.

•Hard work is genuinely appreciated by managers. But you end up picking up others slack and getting grief from those staff for showing them up. So basically don’t work too quickly if you want to fit in.

•Great opportunities to progress in store. I’ve known staff to go from retail assistants to supervisors to managers.

•Most staff are friendly but because it’s a big store there is also lots of grievances and gossip.

•I learned a lot about fashion, merchandising, good customer service among a lot of other skills.

• I’ve worked both part time and full time positions so I do feel that full time staff get preferential treatment and more respect than the part time staff.

•The actual work can be very physical when drawing stock putting it out. Heavy boxes, stripping plastic and often moving stock to keep a fresh look.

• But the evening work consists of tidying stock which can be very monotonous and drag out the time.

•The tills are fine and gives you a break and a chance to rest your feet since they have seats.

•Fitting-rooms are a nightmare though, the system isn’t followed properly so adds to confusion and irate customers. Also they are very busy and you can’t count the clothes properly when people are leaving because the stock is rolled up in balls and thrown at you when the customer is leaving. And it’s hard to not sound rude while asking them to hand them to you properly.

But generally it’s a good place to work.