PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

Watch out for long hours.

As other reviews noted expect 10-12 hours work days. During your interview ask how many days and how many hours you will be putting in. Do your math.

Pros

Great people in general

Cons

Long hours and pay.

Total Waste of Time

Long hours and inconsistent workloads are the tip of the iceberg. One of the only Pepsi locations not run by a third party contractor, so management is allowed do as they please and treat people poorly without any accountability or transparency. Beyond disorganized. Should not advertise part time positions, as unofficially, genuine part time availability is considered for and often leads to more consistent decrews (they don't follow their own decrew policy, either). So basically unless you're willing to be unofficially near full time, your availability is held against you. If you have "enough" availability and they like you, they force feed you more hours than you ask for. It was a second part time job on it's own to ask management to get your schedule correct week to week. Nobody is there for drivers at 4am if something goes wrong, leading to longer days. They play favourites and at times take the opinions of these favourites into account when scheduling others for more hours or less - in what world is it common to have management enable subordinates to influence scheduling decisions regarding their peers? Their summer student positions pay $5 less for the EXACT same work - talk about cutting costs at every corner. Never seen a workplace culture as poor as this.

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Management, uncomfortable working conditions, physically demanding, inconsistent part-time hours

Stressful, all over the place

Working at PepsiCo was great to start, however, once I switched roles to the downtown core it became extremely stressful. The trucks were not on time, and due to it being a pilot program I was left standing around most of the day. My manager was extremely rude and compared me to other workers. Horrible experience to end.

A job

If you're looking for a short term job, this is for you. But if you want a career and to grow and better yourself, this is not for you. My first year with the company, I earned 42k. 10 years later I was earning 45k flat, NO MORE BONUS, NO MORE COMMISSION. Do I really have to go on? Glorified merchandising position. Oh and be prepared the aches & pains, this is a very physical job, you will slug most days.

Benefits

Cons

Too many to list.

Tough place to work but decent compensation

Long term employees hold much clout and their transgressions are met with indifference but while the work is hard the compensation package is good. Typical day at work is giving an assigned amount of cases of chips to pick and load onto trucks, enough work to last 8 hours.

Pros

Good Compensation

Cons

Long Hours

• PepsiCo