PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Skelmersdale

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,222 reviews

Groundhog Day

Same thing for 12hrs day in day out. No prospects to move up unless you know somebody in management or the office. Keep employing MT's from outside who haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Poor place to work

Don't bother working here, you might be lucky and get a decent job out the way of the management..... but as a new starter I doubt it.Never have I worked in such a place as to were certain people get away with doing sod all, yet others get nothing but constant hassle all shift. I am sure Pepsico is a good company to work for, just not the Skelmersdale site.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor shift pattern, back stabbing culture

Never given hours

Was given hours I wanted and needed for the first week then was having to beg for hours, PepsiCo knew about me needing enough hours to be able to provide for my children but felt that they only sign people up for commission purposes as new people would start nearly everyday I was there then work hours slacked off very quickly, a lot of other people have said the same also.The conditions that I worked in were inhumane which led to me collapsing due to the stifling heat.

Pros

Met nice people

Cons

Inhumane work conditions, no hours

Worse place av worked

Treated like a dog 12hr shifts, just replace you with the people lining up to fill your role.. treat poorly. Just all round bad company not good for your mental health this place

Pros

Home time

Cons

Working there

Production driven Management!

Very typical American owned company where Management pretend to be supportive, while all the time plotting ways to get rid of good people!Very 'production' focused management team...if you're not making the crisp, don't expect to be acknowledged!

Pros

Cons

Lots

Shocking backstabbing management

It started OK for the first few months then once you stand up for yourself a little, forget it. The manager wants to control you in all aspects and will try and squeeze you out. There's some decent workers in there but if you're not in the click you're on a hiding to nothing. Resigned before they had satisfaction of stitching me up to sack me. Avoid unless you're seriously desperate.

Pros

Some freebies but only because of working throughout coronavirus

Cons

Long hours and alternate weekends

Extremely anti social hours, life wrecking and highly depressing!

Used to be good at first, them they changed front line managers for coordinators who were completely clueless and had no management or people skills at all. They kept rewarding the laziest people imaginable (because they were their friends) and were not interested at all in people who actually worked hard. They just didn't get it!!

Avoid like the plague ! Red shift !!

Horrible working enviroment. Blame culture, make the slightest mistake and you will be hauled in front of a panel of co-ordinators who will then decide your fate. Should you dare to fall sick, you will be hounded, harrassed and bullied by the crewing co-ordinator until you return to work, regardless of your fitness to do so. Depressing, soul destroying place. Stay away!

Not a good place to work anymore

Too many issues with this Company were do i start? you only get promoted if you know someone in office or related/best friends with someone.(100%) true. The Place has gone in my opinion from the best place to work for to one of the worst places you could work for.(fact) Serious about you're work balance then go somewhere else the company supposed to be about work balance/family orientated this is totally untrue. The only real benefits is you get you're work garments cleaned if you want to call it a benefit. No overtime Over priced canteen Low pay rise (Cost of living is a couple % more then our pay rise) Save yourself the hassle and look elsewhere.

Pros

Trying to think

Cons

Long hours no reward

Very well looked after but management could be better

Management need to be more involved wit the job role they manage. there needs to be more progression for MTs, its difficult to progress leading to people moving on

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PepsiCo?

nice people around you to work but the management is beyond joke

poor management, if you are a YES man, you will be alright in that place but as soon as you disagree with the management you will be in big big trouble and they find a reason to you to exit with the business.

Lots of investment

Great place to work, unfortunately has a lot of employees with the attitude of "its not my job". Most never worked anywhere else so not aware of how lucky they are to have job security in a clean and friendly environment with decent pay.

look else where for work

the management on my shift are unappreciative, unapproachable and treat people like sh#t. Working in unbearable heat at times can’t see with the sweat in your eyes. No investment in air conditioning just fans full of grease and fat blowing roasting hot air at you. If you happen to be off sick for any reason your pressured to get back to work. Work with some great people but a lot of back stabbing. Do yourself a favour and look else where.

Low moral and not productive

A shambolic environment, poor pre historic manufacturing practices. Dinasour management with very questionable attitudes. A working environment where production operators dictate to managers where they decide to work within the factory. The heat is unbearable to work in as pepsico which claim to be a family caring company who care for their employees interest choose not to invest in air conditioning but would rather invest in more machines, paper rather than foil, plastic!! It has became a laughing stock with lazy individuals ruling the way. Culture is hilarious with some very strange people working there. If your desperate for work and prepared to be treated like an animal then pepsico is the in place to be!!

Pros

Free car park!! Reverse park or else!! 😁

Cons

Turning up! 😀

Overpaid Management Who are deluded

The job is boring. Its the same every day. 12 hours shifts including nights. Pay is good. Most employees are not English. Management are deluded and get paid about 46k. Bit of a joke of a place.

Pros

Staff Shop

Cons

Long Hours, Poor Management and Training

poor comuinication

not bad place to work just alot of changes with management at the moment, a lot of constant changes to how things are run on daily basis . low moral on shop floor

Job security is none existant, management don’t care

At PepsiCo Skelmersdale you are just a number. None of management are interested in your progression at all. They are all just trying to make an impression for themselves by being as stubborn as possible. Permently sacking people for tame reasons. Most defiantly the worst job I’ve had. I wouldn’t advise working there unless you are desperate for the wages.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Shifts. Work life balance. Management

Skelmersdale

I work at walkers in skelmersdale bad place to work thay threat you like dirt and the factory floor is so dirty and if your ill thats it thay get rim of you

General operator

Absolutely a joke place. No morale. If your ill, and phone and sick, you’re in a big trouble as they don’t honour or believe doctors sick notes. Stay away this place

Pros

No pros

Cons

Horrible management

productive

2 weeks of days followed by 2 weeks of nights 12 hour shifts good salary but can be tiring work heavy lifting required enjoyed working with my team made the shifts go faster

fun people, management something to be desired

fun people, management something to be desired could be a great place to work with better management. No bridge between shop floor and management/office staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K