PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

Good place for new drivers

This place is great for new drivers looking for experience. The work can be hard for how much your paid, not something I think I could do till retirement. But I’m sure there are guys do. Management is good and helpful. Benefits are also a plus.

Pros

Home time, healthcare and benefits, management

Cons

No time for breaks, pay, stress on body

Not a good location to work

Pepsi is a good company to work for. However, the Austin location was nothing but a disappointment. This location has experienced massive growth in the past couple of years and Pepsi simply cannot cope. They don’t have the space or equipment to be able to keep up. As a loader, be expected to work until after 7am. The job is advertised as an “evening” job, but it is really an overnight job. You will work 16+ hours and have mandatory OT on your off days. Benefits are good and compensation is alright, could be better considering the shift you’re working. There is no work/life balance. You won’t even get a full 8 hours sleep between the time you get off and your next shift. As a new loader, they don’t bother you too much about speed and quotas but after you have been there a certain amount of time they ride you about it. The environment is typical for a warehouse, lots of males and a woman or two. Some people are nice to the newbies and some treat them poorly and make bets on how long someone will last. If you have a record or are in a money crunch, it’s a good place to work. Otherwise, don’t even waste your time. The money is not worth the damage it will do to your body as well as the personal sacrifices you will have to make to work there. Until Pepsi learns about efficiency and proper operations, they will have a high turnover rate. The Austin warehouse is not unionized. 1 star.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Favoritism, politics, and discrimination

The work environment at PepsiCo drastically differs from each location. Unfortunately PepsiCo Fleet department In south and central Texas is a complete joke, should be on Comedy Central.Supervisors run around in circles all day nagging you, blowing the budget up, and causing all of the problems. They have no idea how a shop should run.Upper management is just as bad. 2 supervisors for a 2 bay shop, that 3 mechanics work in.. If you want to learn how to burn up brakes and throw the wrong parts on trucks it’s your place.

Pros

Move up with no experience

Cons

All supervisors and some techs wouldn’t be hired anywhere else

Great Company,Horrible location.

PepsiCo is a great company to work for just not the Austin,Tx location. This location is unorganized, unprofessional and poorly managed. Don’t do it!!

Pros

Weekly pay.

Cons

Everything else

Discrimination, favoritism, and lots of polotics.

Pepsi is very liberal, and promotes the wrong ideas. Still overall a decent company, unfortunately each division is extremely different from the next. Pepsico Fleet division in Central/ South Texas is so bad, it should be on Comedy central.You have 2 supervisors over 4 workers?Shop is a complete dump, with multiple hazards, expecting you to work in the heat all day with no ventilation or airflow.Here you will face discrimination, favoritism, and lots of politics. They promote the worst techs. Techs and management will take credit for your work.The supervisors don't even know what a wrench is.. Supervisor would run a round in circles all day nagging you, and would probably get you a flux capacitor if you asked them to.

Pros

Impossible to get fired

Cons

Work with technicians and supervisors that would not be hired at any other company

They do not appreciate workers

These people really expect you to work during covid-19. They give you a $2/hour raise for a months hazard pay just to cut your hours. Benefits are good but they are shady and always pulling wool over your eyes.

Benefits

Cons

The transparency is terrible they run game on employees

Don’t do it!!

By far the worst work experience I’ve had so far. They will manufacture excuses without proof to let you go if you dare question management. Long hours with no time for personal life. No work culture at all. Its not how you work, its who you know. Management somewhat racist. Tons of favoritism. Not employee appreciative at all. Teamwork is basically null. Every man for themselves. Pay is good but, honestly gets outweighed by the people who run that specific warehouse.

I don't know how they operate for so long. Too big I guess.

Manager didn't keep my job duties as set in the interview. Hired new person and gave them job responsibilities meant for my position. Messy operations. Poor work conditions. The building had mold and bad plumbing.

Pros

Pepsi

Cons

messy operations.

Horrible management

You will be expected to go above and beyond with little to no Incentive. This company has taken something away from employees the last 4 years I’ve been with them. They have taken everything from holiday company parties to the thanksgiving turkey they would give us. I would not recommend Pepsi based on the last 3 years of my employment. I worked for them for almost 10 years and was very disappointed with the downward trajectory. When our location became Pepsi North this past year management became unbearably worst!

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Management and overall culture

Stressful and rush rush no lunch

Keep looking only apply if you want to spend your day stocking convenient stores and CVS, Walgreens, dollar generals. 60 to 80 cases to stock after waiting 20 to 45min to get checked in and only have 17mins to get in and out to your next stop.

Pros

Cons

Will cut or not let you get hours depending on what suits them. No lunches. Rush around all day.

Pepsi Fast Pace

I worked in the warehouse, building skids, (pallets). I would then use a forklift to load a truck. It was a fast paced job, long hours. I learned how to work fast, and hard at the same time. The pay was the most enjoyable part about the job

Pros

Hour Lunch, and Pay

Cons

Great environment, great coworkers and staff

Great environment, great coworkers and staff. Dry fast paced work place. A lot of fun and competitive. Weekends off which I loved. The pay is great for the job.

Ending my relationship with the company not feeling like it was when I started

When I started with the company they put employees first but by the time I parted it was not about the employees. The last manager I worked for was probably the worst persona I had ever worked for. Not someone you would want to shadow.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Too much management changes

Great

Great company to work for but it has been hard for career growth. Work/life balance is wonderful and management is just as good. Having a company car really does help as well when it comes to compensation.

Stressful

This place is super stressful and going to hourly pay only made it worst. If you are a brown noser this is the job for you the more you interact with higher ups the better you are. I liked to go to work and then get home to my family so i didn’t chitchat as much as other and i was treated a lot worst even though i did my job better than the majority.

Pepsico

Running a large group of individuals making sure they are prepared and ready to work, i control the dock of the warehouse making sure that each truck gets loaded correctly, making sure we have correct out of stocks, enough product in the warehouse to complete the days load out, managing a large group of individuals to work safely and having the proper PPE hardest part of my job is being able to handle different personality from every worker in the warehouse, its a challenge but i enjoy challenges most enjoyable part my job is that at the end of the day each and everyone of us get along and laugh and joke and still get the job done at a very decent time

Austin/Killeen was a Great place to work for Waco not so Much

Austin/Killeen was great worked with Scheduling great management. Waco Managers lied about scheduling said offered a Job to Me and went behind my back and gave it a rehire.

Pros

Great Heathcare

Personal car use

Wake up early start at your store walk it take count pull the product and fill the shelf take inventory of back-stock. Learned how to rotate and how to build rapport with mangers and how to sell in new products.Team management is needing more focus,the work culture is god fun people work there good environment.

Pros

Freedom to run the route how u want

Cons

Use your own car

love it

sold and executed all promotions and address customers needs, coached and lead a warehouse loading, receiving team and full fleet shop. Responsible for directing and developing logistics sales operations

Overall good company to work for if you are willing to commit your life to the company

Pepsi is a good company with great benefits. Schedule is a little crazy hours are long. I worked overnight as a loader but sometimes were required to work 16hr shifts. Job is physically demanding and can be very stressful

Work

Your typical job as a local driver. Pay is weekly which makes it nice. Other than that salesman determines your pay. Hope for a good route or good salesman
  • PepsiCo