PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Jackson, TN

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

Good pay, not much down time

I enjoyed it, but you have to work, it's fast paced and hot. I enjoyed my coworkers and managers were decent. Pretty laid back environment, as long as you did your job.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hot

Productive and fun

Loved working there, pay was great It took time to get used to the route but picked up the pace in like 2 weeks. Overall loved it would work there again if the job opportunity is given

Pros

Great pay, independent, weekly pay, weekends off

Stressful and very physical

It’s a good job to have for a little while and get experience but really wears out your body. If your body can take it retirement and benefits are pretty good.

Company itself was great, the drop off happens at the smaller distribution centers.

I believe how I rated this company speaks for itself. PepsiCo as a whole seems to be a great company. Severally decisions that were made in the upper management was spot on. The problem again lied in its lower management.

Pros

Free time.

Cons

Managment

Working as a merchandiser at Pepsico was the most stressful job that I had ever had. It was physcially and mentally exhausting.

Stressful and no support from management. Management was not pro-active in giving employess the resources needed to complete daily job functions. No room for advancement.

Pros

Everyday was different.

Cons

No work/life balance

Route Driver

Start of day was to check truck to make sure it was in safe operating manner. Selling company product to local convenient stores. The hardest part of the job was the early morning hours.

Pros

working with good people

Cons

Benfints

Productive and collaborative work environment.

Pepsi is a great company to work for. There is more improvement needed for salary for the warehouse employees, but overall a good place to work. I would highly recommend Pepsi to others as a place of employment and would love to work there again myself.

Too much work for one man

Delivery Driver. Out for 12-15 hours daily. too much for too little pay. was hoping to retire from here...Management is out of touch with reality. They don't understand that when you work with the public, various problems and obstacles arise on a daily basis. Good insurance

Decent Job to make a living

Fast paced job that involves delivering product to gas stations/supermarkets, dollar generals, etc. Typical day, you'll be delivering 300-400 cases, avg 10-12/hrs per day. Poor communication from mgmt, day in and day out is a mystery. Commission rate was recently cut in half. End result: Work harder for much less money

Pros

Fast paced, and freedom. No one watching over your shoulder

Cons

Poor management and compensation

Good people and nice atmosphere

A very nice place to work, nice people and good atmosphere. I learned a lot about Inventory Control and the management aspect of the company.

Pros

Fast paced envirnment

Cons

workloads sometimes exceed capabilities

Spent 13years here

Solid company but poor local management. I worked long dedicated hours here, and in the end hard workers like me were either made miserable and left like I did, or were fired over nonsense. We used to have a great crew of dedicated people there.

Pros

Good money, stability

Cons

no breaks, long hours, poor local management

A typical day at work

My work days can be very hectic due to the multiple tasks I have to complete daily. Those tasks range anywhere from payroll to AR/AP and so on. I also assist my fellow co-workers with any tasks they need help with as well as answer a multi-line phone system while offering any customer assistance to those who enter the building.

The first 9 yrs were great, the last 2 were terrible.

Everyday was 8-12 hrs. I learned some much about all aspects of the business. Management was terrible at the end. Worked with some incredible co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the unreal expectations at the end. The most enjoyable part was earning the respect of and making the customers happy.

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

overworked and highly stressful

Poorly run location

Pepsi is not a company that you want to work for, if you have family the benefits are mediocre and expensive. The location at which I worked for the management was horrible and incompetent. The location manager was dis-concerning. Employees calling in occurs often and do not look for help from management because they were already gone by the time the shift started. Its not uncommon to work 12 to 18 days during peek season.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

comptent management, everything
  • PepsiCo