PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Newport News, VA

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

No life

Tbh the job is a great opportunity and is a career but starting in the warehouse is back breaking work tbh I wouldn't complain if we had to days off but we work 6 days out the week it wares on your body

Productive and consistent with knowledge of opportunities.

Great staffing and full of life employees thriving to expand the operations in department's throughout the company as well as the history. Just an life changing opportunity for all who understands better business equals bigger benefits.

Pros

Learning experience

Cons

N/a

Terrible place to work

Worst driver job I have ever had management has favorites the hours are long no support from management at all they don't care at all at this place apply at your own risk.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, Schedule, and everything

These people are full of drama. Their is no such thing as keeping to your self, when you do this people still bring you into their drama. No matter how respectful or quite you are, someone will ruin your chances of work here, even if it means ruining their chances. It’s like working with children in high school but everyone is an adult. Worse experience ever. But pays great money and the work is like working out all day. Good job for that PepsiCo. But please stop hiring men with child like mind’s and our thoughts. And who obviously have no responsibilities or don’t care much for their responsibilities.

Pros

Money and labor

Cons

Drama

Mismanaged environment

Most of the management does not know how to do the work of the people they manage themselves. Be prepared to have to figure things out for yourself without proper guidance.

Great place to work a lot of movements

I really liked to work there, had chance to meet a lot different people. Management was great, people worked there were respectful. Had to leave the company because bought my own truck and trailer and opened my own authority.

Only care abour the bottom line.Money and production

Pepsi only cares about its bottom-line that's the dollar, they alluded as though they care about the employees but they don't, they'll feed you when they have meetings, don't get sick or hurt in there because the only doctor you're going to see is there Doctor Who's going to put you on light duty no matter what the injury is. I would never ever work for them ever again.

Dependable

I was able to work additional shifts,had benefits and opportunities for growth i had the opportunity to learn many departaments and use different methods and techniques as well as learned how to utilize different equipment

A dishonest,unhealthy,down trodden place to work lead by Antiquated Barbaric Senior leaders

Started to work for the Newport News Bottling facility with 15 years experience and excitement. My 1st clue should have been the excessive turn over for production supervisors/managers. Shortly there after I realized that the senior leadership team was lead by a narcissist with no empathy, compassion, leaderships skills, honesty, professional conduct,or integrity. His antiquated and barbaric leader ship was based solely of fear of reprisal. He would lie and expect others to lie with him for positive reports to corporate. He trained other senior leaders to follow his example and would protect them at any cost. I believe this behavior was condoned by corporate PepsiCo leaders due to zero interaction on their part when credible and substantiated claims were filed on him and his 2nd in charge were filed through the HR department. The excessively high supervisor/manager turn over was directly related to this manager and the team he had surrounded himself with. This issue was also never investigated by Corporate PepsiCo, which only shows how much they value their teams or people. They do not want good leaders or good managers but promote and advance the "yes" group regardless of their process knowledge, people skills or leadership abilities. This will be their undoing in the end or at least until someone is smart enough to recognize the issues. I would never recommend anyone accepting a job with PepsiCo based on my two year tenure. No work life balance and no compensation for the expected 70+ hour work weeks. The HR departments are also definitely not protecting their workers, even -

Fellow employees really made the work fun and enjoyable

I enjoyed the work I applied for consistently. I had fun within the company the time I worked there was informational and an eye opener coming from the military as a previous employer.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PepsiCo?

Lots of hours

The hardest part of the job is it is hot during the summer and winter. Lots of hours to work in any department. If you like to work this is the job for you.

Hard work but worth it if u focus

Can advance if u work hard and communicate everything. Always cover yourself in everything u do that way your immediate supervisor can back u up if things get hectic. Look to advance in a different department, don't stay a merch. Sales, Cdl, management take your pick and let them know that's what your aim is and they'll assist u if they can.

Decent Place to Work

Hard place to work with management. Numerous projects without regard to your main job of manufacturing. Terrible work/life balance. Supervisors are held to rigorous standards.

Great place to work! Management makes it a place to leave.

Pay and benefits are great. The days can be very long especially when you have to wait for everyone else to do their jobs. The worst thing about this location is management and their lack of willingness to actually manage.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours, management

Don’t do it

They only care about their product. Could care less about your home life. They did not mind working you for 16 hours a day. Does not care about your family. If it ain’t Pepsi it ain’t s**t.

Pros

Pay every week

Cons

No home life, no family life, management bothers you even on off days

Long hours great pay. great incentives. If you worked on the sixth day you got time and half on the seventh day you got double time. great health insurance. Very nice people

Pepsi Lifestyle

Good place to work. Some people within management are leaders. Some positions involve using your own transportation. Everyday you work by and with different people on a daily basis.

great atmosphere

clock in check with management to verify what your tasks for the day is. Talk about any issues from the shift before and if there are any major projects that need to be completed.

Pros

upper managment

Cons

brakes and schudles

ok

I had a good experience but management was very poor and cut throat. The pay is good but it is very stressful at times and how you feel about things does not matter, its all about pleasing the customer.

great co-workers

I loved the 9yrs i spent working for Pepsico. Met some awesome people.......made a lot of lifelong friends. Management gave me the opportunity to move around and try different departments.

Great perks.

Unorganized, professional, very cut throat type of atmosphere. However is you are just getting started as a driver then this is good experience. You will work hard and really get to understand how long shifts are when driving and really understand DOT rules and regulations and the importance of knowing the law and the importance of pre-trip for tractors and trailers.

Pros

Perks

Cons

no communication, everything is your fault, large lack of professionalism.
  • PepsiCo