PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Wilmington, DE

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

Union vs Managment

The union versus the management team mentality is intolerable. Frontline employees do not have respect for their team or managers. Other managers do not work well together providing support for everyone.

Pros

Pay and constant work

Cons

Union employees and unfair promotions to under qualified employees

Coke is better anyways

Management only cares about making their bonus! Warehouse is lazy, they constantly load busted up unsellable cases. Their trucks are OLD AF and do not have A/C. Local 830 union placates to the management team and could care less about the drivers. Thats a FACT! It's rather disgusting

Pros

They have BBQs.... sometimes

Cons

god awful communication, horrible trucks

Worst management ever...

let me start by saying this place used to be a great working environment. Management turnaround however makes it intolerable. people get thrust into positions without proper training. not a fan of the learn as you go mentality.

Pros

people

Cons

lack of training

Worst management ever

The management is a joke- they have no idea what they are doing and treat people like dirt. They not only take their employees for granted they also devalue them.

This is one of the best companies to work for. My office constantly made bonus. Pre Sell is easy, just take orders and increase sales but its not difficult in my opinion. Not like other sales jobs. Very relaxed yet productive. I shouldn't have left!

Awful

Awful. Started out great but has been going down hill very fast. Moral is very low & management very unorganized & inexperienced. Communication is extremely poor & everything seems to be done by spinning a wheel like a game show...awful.....

Pros

Awful

Cons

Awful

Great pay to deal with terrible management

I worked at Pepsi for close to 4 years, in that time I had SIX different managers. They play favorites and once you are on their bad side you might as well look for another job. The work itself is not hard but the days can be long. Thursdays are the worst due to changing displays. If you are a merchandiser be prepared to move all around the territory, it could take you anywhere from 15 minutes to get to your first store to over an hour. There is no point in rushing through your stores because you will be expected to pick up other stores from people working slow. If the management team was better this would be an amazing place to work.

Would never recommend to why worst enemies because of bad management

Well if you enjoy arguing and getting nowhere with thick headed managers who could care less about you or you’re struggles , “ just do what I say “ thankfully, we have local 830 to represent us in our everyday struggles with a management crew who knows almost nothing about a Wharehouse, if that’s what you like to do for extended periods of time, you’re in the right place !

Good company to work for with good benefits

It is hard work, but rewarding. The company helps you deal with obstacles as they come up, and puts in the effort to make you as successful as possible in your accounts. There are many different areas within the company to apply yourself; large format sales, small format, warehouse, management to name a few.

Opportunity for Advancement

Pepsico is a great company to work for. It has great benefits and a nice work environment. Much is expected and you are adequately compensated for the effort,

Pros

Opportunity to Advance

Cons

Job Security

Job security

Job is ok but benefits and compensation do not commensurate with the labor requirements of the job. There is job stability for the most part, though. The problem is with local management, their decisions are not employee friendly for the most part.

Pros

job security

Cons

stringent policies which adversely affect employees

It is a hierarchal company with many levels of leadership. It taught me alot and strengthened my analytical skills and interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was working with union personal

great company

laid back work environment. competitive at times, but compensation is great. hardest part of the job is dealing with customers, easiest part is being out on the road and not having to sit in an office.

Company is great

I enjoyed working for PepsiCo. The days started early and could end late, however you were able to work at your pace and independently. Although majority of the work was based on individual getting it done, help was easily accessible. The hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done.

Pros

Compensation, Vacation

Cons

driving own vehicle

pepsi review

not that bad of a company to work for. just high turnover and subpar management. I would recommend this company for people just starting out in the work force but not for someone who is trying to balance everyday family life as the schedules are never set and some days demand over 15 hours of work.

Great Culture Great Team

I like working here. I like the to stay busy so its perfect for me. And the management is cool. Good guys willing to help. There is room for advancement and opportunities to do different duties

I wouldn't work for this company again.

Management doesn't back their employees. Ask to do work 12+ hours in situations that you couldn't be successful. NO room to grow or advancment. Wouldn't tell a friend to work with this company.

benefits

Cons

Not enough money for the work we do

Typical day you have 14-16 stops and you have to unload the whole trailer with a hand cart. You have to fill coolers and shelves in all drug and dollar stores. Average pay is about $650-$700/week. Good work/life balance. Home every night and off on the weekends. Management is clueless as usual. Trucks are horrible. They have heat but no ac for the summer time. If you are a experienced CDL driver there are plenty other local jobs where the pay is better with less physical torture on your body.

Pros

Home every night, Off weekends

Cons

Pay and its only a matter of time before you'll need knee/hip/tommy john surgery

Bad place to work w/ bad equipment, management, and people

I don't think PepsiCo. is a good company to work for, let alone retire from. The management at this place is a 0. The equipment at PepsiCo. also is old and The Union here is not good at all. Overall, PepsiCo. is a bad place to work for. Don't waste your time.

Pros

good schedule

Cons

bad management, bad equipment

Good start up Job

Pepsi is an good openly job for any young man/woman to have to get on your feet. The most Enjoyable part about the job is that you get make your own decisions on a daily basis.

Pros

Good Hours

Cons

Not Much Room for Advancement

Decent Place to Work

Expect to work HARD. I start my day 6am and im finished around 2:30pm on certain days. Again, expect to work really hard but the good news you wont need a gym membership. You'll get a daily workout from the physical labor task you'll perform everyday. The pay is good and great benefits
  • PepsiCo