PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews for Field Service Technician

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,194 reviews

Steady Work, Hardly no overtime,

Pay is decent but could be better. Things use to be great until we got new management. Got rid of on call pay and started being very strict on over time. Overall still a good company and you literally have to get yourself fired to lose your job unless you're in management.

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Lots of opportunities to grow. Weekends and holidays are off. I was technician for soda fountain, and vending machine, they will train you.

Pros

Some time free lunch, Christmas gifts

Pepsico is family

This is the best place I have worked. I left the job just because I completed a graduate degree in software engineering. I loved working there and would love to go back at some point in the future

Pros

culture

Cons

long drives within the GTA can be exhaustive

Good company

Pepsi is a pretty good company to work for, awesome benefits, medium to high over sight, as a service tech, you are paid to learn, the more you know the more you’re worth, but the more responsibility you have.

Pros

Awesome benefits

Cons

Tracking

Good Environment at a Large corporation

Managers are easily approachable, you feel like part of the team, it is a well run company. Co workers will help you out if you have questions or need help.

Great job

Great place to work , good benefits and the company takes care of you. The managers work well on training you the correct way. Sad to be gone but had to move for family reasons

Pepsi lol

My manager and superiors werent not understanding at all. I have a family and I explained that and sometimes life jus happens but ask Pepsi if they care. Seniority doesn’t help either. Getting stuck with a shift and being told “yes there’s nothing that can be done”

Selector/Field Service Technician

It's a good company to work for. They strive to make their employees the best they can be. Management is always willing to listen and help in any way possible. Always willing to hear new ideas to help better you as an individual as well as bettering the company to strive to be better. It is a family oriented company.

Fun atmosphere

Great place to work.. Great team environment. I loved the shifts... The people I worked with, and the environment. I have nothing bad to say about working there.

Pros

Free soda

Good pay but challenging

I start my day not knowing where I am going but have a time limit to get there..often work short handed covering multiple areas.have learned alot of patience and built good relationships with my customers...they believe in doing more with less..have good managers but tasked with getting things done with not enough employees. Hardest part of the job is not having set work hours or shifts ... not leaving any time for family...best part of the job ...building relationships with customers and good pay ....

Pros

Good people

Cons

No standard shifts

MEM treated me pretty good

I was a field service tech in NJ. I was treated very well. Just like anywhere else I worked you have to come to work everyday and with a positive attitude.

Great Job

Awesome job for one with good time management skills.Front line management leaves a lot to be desired. Anytime the manager/supervisor tells me how much they work I get concerned.

Pros

independence

Cons

Good job, but bad management.

Management had a tendency to look for non-existent issues. And would write an employee up for things former manager had found to be acceptable or for things the employee had been trained to do.

You need to have a strong tolerance level. You have to be very patient and ready for change every second cause it will happen. Hours are long and needed.

Stressful environment/ Union job that doesn't enforce CBA rules

The company only values seniority. So, for employees who dedicate themselves to their respective departments. You can find yourself training an company employee new to your department and after one year lose your shift to that employee because your skillset and abilities are not valued. Non skilled jobs(warehouse) is the way to process with this company and after 15yrs of non skilled work then transfer to the good paying skilled job like(feild Technicians) so you can leap frog established technicians even if you have no actual knowledge or experience in the new department. That's the Pepsi way!

Pros

Company van and gas card.

Cons

Poor/no training on new equipment, unresponsive management and lazy coworkers that benefit from Union protection.

A great career, depending on your role

I started out as an account Merchandiser helping delivery drivers. I liked this role because of the hours and being somewhere different everyday (vs working in a building your whole shift). I worked the inner city of Atlanta so, it was never a dull day. I felt the pay didn’t equate to the job at $14.45 hr. I finally interviewed and moved into my current role as a Field Service Technician. I LOVE it so far. I have a strong mechanical background so, and I work with tools. This was right for me. I work independently with a van and iPad to complete service calls all over GA. There is extensive training involved, the pay is great, and home/life balance is good.

Pros

work independently, a van, iPad to complete service calls all over GA. There is extensive training involved, the pay is great, home/life balance is good

Cons

Not enough parts to complete certain calls sometimes

good company

no overtime when I was there no overtime when you got to 40 hrs you were required to clock out team oriented very organized great atmosphere organization is a plus

Employee appreciation week ends up being office appreciation week

Times for the bbq and breakfast were not communicated to employees very well and when I did show up at the time stated for the breakfast the food was nowhere to be found. The same for the bbq. I showed up at the time stated and no food to be found or being cooked. After doing some asking around it seems like the office workers got the full benefits of both events and that was it

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Management poor at taking responsibility

Pepsi MEM - Stable and fair division of Pepsico to work for. Pay is very competitive. Big emphasis on safety and training. Management is knowledgeable and reasonable to work with.

work with good people,you do your job there nothing to worry about

great place to work would go back today if possible,Had van to drive computer provided work clothes phone,receive calls in morning at my house.went to customers and work on the problems they had on there equipment.i was a technician that work on reach in coolers,soda fountain,Bunn Tea makers,Bunn Ultra 2,glass front bottle and can vendors,Ice dispensers,Bar Guns.

Pros

good pay, good Benefits

Cons

had none

Collaborative and Fast-Paced

I have worked at Pepsico for 15 years with opportunities for advancement. Pepsico is a great place to work. Compensation is fair and the job culture is inclusive of many cultures and lifestyles.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Performance KPIs

Cons

Job Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K