PepsiCo logo
PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Found 1,279 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,019 reviews

Hours are there if you need them!

Not a bad job at all, part time you can pretty much work whenever you want but you’re somewhere different every day which I enjoy. Dollar generals suck to work cause the salesman just order whatever they want and they don’t do anything about it. Full time is a raise and get benefits but kiss your weekends goodbye for a LONG time.

Pros

Work alone for most part

Cons

Low pay

Stressful place to work

At PepsiCo I made great money and if you’re full time you’re guaranteed your 40 hours every week. It’s a very physically demanding job. The workload is overwhelming 90% of the time and the culture is dog eat dog to put it lightly. If don’t mind committing your life to your work and starting by at least 5:30am or 4:30am (depending on the position) this is the place for you.

Slave Labor

If you like being worked to the bone for, granted, a few dollars more than minimum wage, then this is the job for you. I simply hope you enjoy being taken advantage of at each and every turn you make while also having most stores micromanaging your work and reporting you for the slightest misstep.

Pros

You'll never stand still

Cons

Take your pick.

Overworked

Over worked and underpaid. Way too much over time even if you don't want it. You will work weekends and holidays. Zero sick days. They go by a point based system.

Pros

None.

Cons

Heavy work, intensive labor

No advancement growth, treated poorly by Walmart

Its a hard physical job. Coca cola pays almost 3 dollars an hour more. Smaller accounts were fun to service. All walmarts treat you poorly. Not much room for advancement. Good insurance. But raises are not much. This job will wear and tear on your body fast.

Pros

Breaks anytime, laid back unless your in walmart

Cons

To many to list

Training and management could improve

Management could improve by training their employees the right way instead of feeding them to the wolves... just to have another merchandiser pick up the slack

Great company but management needs to work on respecting employees more

I was a very good merch but was constantly watched over compared to other merchandisers. Never was given a reason as to why. Such actions son lead up to my dismissal

Nothing to shake a stick at but definitely a good place to work

A really nice place to work, they offer benefits(for full time positions only), scheduling is really clutch(sunday-wednesday) and you don't get micromanaged because you are out on your route all day. As a merchandiser I actually rarely ever see my boss which is amazing because I hate being questioned and told what to do.

Pros

independence

Cons

miles on your car

Not recommend

I wouldn’t recommend this job if you want balance with social life. You work on weekends and also the latest you can go into work is at 5 am. This job is stressful

Pros

Every week pay

Cons

Hours & start time

Long hours no social life

Merchandise all day till sometimes 8 and wake up at 5 am. Get big loads all by yourself. Really long hours . Cool people just some workers mess up and you have to clean the mess.

It’s just a paycheck

My overall experience was a combined 3-4 years of hope. Hope that I would work hard and be promoted within from a merchandiser position, however that was not the case. This company will chew you up and spit you out with no heads up. The work load is ridiculous, with some stores having 6-8 pallets and upwards of 10! There’s aren’t small pallets either. Sometimes almost 6’ tall filled with various products, and Pepsi acquires new products DAILY.. do you think you’d even get .25 raise? HA! And that’s just one of maybe 6 stops you have for the day. Sales members will order very heavy on days that their merchandiser will work, and when it comes to their work load they’ll only bring in about a pallet or two at their stores on their shift. There is absolutely no accountability for sales members doing the least amount of work, and making the most money. (Merchandiser is an hourly wage job, while sales reps have hourly as well as commission) Managers will request that you send them pictures of anything that stands out, but when it comes to reprimanding and correcting these issues with the sales team they never do. There’s no appreciation for employees. The turnover rate is ridiculous. The benefits package is pretty good, but good luck to you if you stay more than a year. Management will have you work 15 hour days everyday and when you physically burn yourself out they’ll toss you. It’s just a paycheck. Don't even get me started on HR. Overall I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. Such a shame a large corporation such as Pepsi could give a **** for its employees. I’d rather panhandle -

Pros

.75 drinks of any kind basically at the plant

Decent work fair wages

You get paid very well to put chips on the shelve. You get to work independently at your own pace. Lots of opportunities to work for hours. Management very easy to work for puts lots of trust in you

Pros

Pay

Cons

No growth

Fun workplace

Pepsi beverages company was a good place to work depending on the route you had. Management was ok unless they wanted to be unruly. Moving up in the company is impossible unless your managements favorite.

Overworked for the same pay as highschool kids at Target

Huge work load and unrealistic expectations. Very high turnover rate. Salesmen basically have the upper hand with everything. No one checks the accuracy of orders, resulting in huge 20-pallet loads being sent in with the touch of their tablet, and the bottom guy has to figure out what to do with it all. Top heavy company and terrible treatment to the lower employees.

Pros

Tons of overtime due to big workload.

Cons

Burn out quick, quit, be replaced.

All is good except for the $$$.

I find the weekend supervisors to be approachable and supporting. Work is straight forward and the supervisors seem to be appreciative of the work you do. The only negative aspect of the job is the low pay and below average standard milage rebate for the gas and wear and tear of your vehicle. Aside from the $$$. Its a good job.

Pros

Steady. Job security

Cons

Low pay. Low milage rebate for the use of your car.

Stressful and exhausting atmosphere

Unless you've got years and years of seniority be prepared to work inconsistent hours and locations. Management has the habit of texting you where youre going at 9pm the day before and expect you be at the locations at 5am or 6am. Lots of lazy employees as well that leave messes and expect you to pick it up. Its just bad culture.

Management seems like they dont care about anything but there bonuses

Pay was good but the communication and team work from the management was bad. I liked the fact I worked alone but clearly the ordering was more based on volume and getting bonuses and putting alot of extra un needed work on us merchandisers. There was only one good sales man that actually cared and had my back but he left. I know there is business to be handled but they should care more about there employees than filling there wallet.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

To much un needed extra hard work. Hardly any communication or rapport from the managers

Decent wages but the workload in unequal

Sales Representatives send bulk orders in on merchandisers to work on the days that the SR is off. The merchandisers don't last long because they are paid the least and carry the majority of the responsibility for cleanliness and stocking.

Pros

Independence

Cons

unequal work loads

Hard Physical Work

I really enjoyed my time a Pepsico for the most part. I'm one of those people who flourish in a more manual job and throughly enjoyed the level of independence and activity each day brought. The management team did their best, but i felt, at times, was struggling to organize and communicate with their Merchandisers. I worked there for a year and was never issued a company phone to track my hours and keep up to date properly.If you enjoy working alone the job is great. There isn't much of a workplace culture, as most of the work was solo and in different locations throughout the city. it could be quite lonely.

Pros

Independence, consistent hours

Cons

without proper gear for a large part of my time there (company phone to scan into stores), Hard physical labour.

Good for students

Very flexible schedule fun job you could pick up shifts as much as you wanted. Would work there. Again if they would have company vehicles overall like the just

Pros

Drive

Cons

Drive your own car

Work environment

They overwork employees, I was promised time and time again for full-time, never got it. I tried to stick it out to see what would happen but was not given what was promised and I felt used. Just broken lies they give employees.
  • PepsiCo