PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews for Sales Merchandiser

Found 119 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,188 reviews

It's alright, but could be better

Management gives very little training for new positions. When i was promoted from a Merchandiser to a Reset Specialist I had only been trained for 3 days before they set me on my own... these 3 days were also 2 months before I had actually started working in this new position so I had very little memory of the few days that I'd been trained at that point. I used to love being a Merchandiser, but I wanted to move up in the company. So far that decision has been met with a lot of downsides. I wanna blame it on covid but I hear the lack of training is prevalent all over Pepsi.

Pros

Good benefits, ample overtime

Cons

Long drives and only a few hours of rest at home

Productivity

Great company that offers variety of products from soda to chips and great pay and benefits and it is globally recognized company with global number all over the world.....

Pros

Management, pay, benefits

It's pepsico

It should be obvious that they will work you until you break and then some, it's pepsico. Once your hurt they will toss you to the side like a broken cog in a wheel that needs replaced. Good luck getting the care you need when they fire you. They have their own committee that judges if it will cost them too much, then they throw you away like the broken and useless trash you are. Don't bother doing this job unless you plan on using them first.

Pros

soda out of the machine is $.30 so thats cool i guess

Cons

work/life balance, or lack of.

Used to be a fun place to work but profits come before people.

As a merchandiser, expect to work harder than you've ever worked in your life, and still get hounded about why it's taking so long to service an account that was sent 3 times more product than they actually need so that the bosses can meet rediciulois sales expectations, all on your back. They tout about customer service being the most important thing while trying to slam accounts with product they don't need while you're stuck putting out the fires. You'll make decent money but there's little room for advancement. And you're back will suffer. Managers only care about moving up. They only come out to the field to make promises to stores that they can't keep, while intimidating you to make themselves appear as if they are from cooperate, and they only stay for a short while. There's no loyalty to veteran workers because none of them stick around long enough to know how much you've sacrificed for the company. It's easy to get stuck in a rut because you only wanna get home and rest before you have to do it all again. Days turn into weeks.. weeks turn into years.. And in the end you have nothing to show for it. I wouldn't invest in this company if I had another option.

Pros

Little supervision, meet cool people, decent pay.

Cons

Dead end, cut throat management

Productive and fun workplace

I worked here for years and it was a awesome job.. I had things come up, where I wasn't able to work the hours they needed me or I would never of left.. its allot of work but its all worth it when they show they appreciate you by taking a whole week to recognize their employees.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Allot of physical work

This place is not a somewhere to work when you have a family to support. For the amount of work they should pay morw

This is good job for someone who don't have kids and single and just want to do anything for money. Short breaks and ton load of work is required for this job. Be prepared to be blamed for anything that goes wrong.

Benefits

Cons

Management, workload, short breaks

Expectation is to high

They set the expectation to high when you have a lot of products to stock. When I first started you did the job until everything was done. Now they don't really support the people out on the front lines making the company money.

Pros

No bosses breathing down your neck

Cons

Drama, stress, have to remind them when you have vacation time or personal days

Don't do it

They don't tell u everything upfront typical work day starts at 6am until u finish 12 to 14 hour days everyday its tough and very physical work no lunches or breaks u eat on the way to your next stop u work alone and are expected to stock merchandise order count backroom and kill and make displays and plus the receiving mgr too complains if u have overstock too be sure u ask questions they are very short handed and expect you to be Supermsn everyday plus trucks always run late too thsy have no delivery drivers i should have done more research for rhe position plus the grocery store mgrs are your boss too if something is off u gotta go back to fix it asap

Pros

Pay

Cons

No lunch or breaks short handed

Very bad management

It was all good until it got bad . Each one for him self so don’t base this with my judgement. Just give it a try you might like it . 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

Pros

Easy

Cons

Watch ur back

Very intense work environment, excellent compensation

Excellent work environment, high intensity, long days. Weekends exclusively, Management is good, young and are very reliable. Must be in good shape physically to complete job.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

weekend work schedule

Long hours, work overload fast paced environment.

Long hour days, unrealistic sales goals hard tending to customer needs and customer expectations offered by PepsiCo. Fast paced hard Labor. Learned to manage different types of accounts and communicate with different personalities while selling our vast beverage brands and merchandising all the product at the same time.

Fun place to work

I had worked for this company for 14 years and I thank this company for everything they have given me and my family. The hardest part of the job was the labor. It took a toll on my body. I had to go see a chiropractor everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are on your own. You work by yourself and there's nobody supervising you. You work at your own pace.

Fun Place to work

I enjoyed working for the company, management could use some work. The manager seemed to be on vacation for more than half the time I worked there and was very hard to get a hold of.

Balanced

Good pay hard work. Good advancement and promotional opportunities. Friendly and family oriented. No pressure. Motivated positions. Trained professionals

fast pace work environment

a fast pace work environment that allows you to become a better problem solver on the go. The company gives you the opportunity to help develop your communication skills.

Start your day positive, and enjoy your work.

Excellent job for people that like to work and do not need supervision to get their responsibilities accomplished. Have to deal with a variety of individuals (some bad, but most good). Great for leaning individual humility.

Management is not your friend

They play nice and act like they care, then blind side you with all the changes. Management is fake!! They really only care about their own. As soon as the Union was voted out they started making so many changes without very much notice. They made it pretty obvious they care more about the numbers and sales than their employees!

It was great time at pepsivo

Pepsico was a great experience right from the interview day to the last day. I had several marketing and field trainings, safety was the fast priority.

you will work all weekends

Pulling heavy pallets, a lot of bending and reaching, caused carpel tendon in both hands spinning products to show logo, lost 40 lbs which wasn't such a bad thing. management not good, do not care about work/ life balance.

This is a very physical job, your hours vary so days are longer than others. If you have small kids than this job isn’t for you.

I went between two plants. One plant just happen to run way better than the other. There’s no favoritism, if you show you’re ready to excel they train you for another position. The plant I’m at now is full of favoritism and you work way to hard just to be unnoticed. I run between to supervisors because they can’t seem to figure if they need me to Merch or be in Sales. There is a major pay difference between the two.between the two titles

Very physically and emotionally taxing

This place is all about pushing product, whether it is needed or not. There will always be conflict between you and anyone else. It is a very cut throat job.

Pros

Three days off

Cons

You are somehow on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K