PepsiCo

PepsiCo Employee Reviews for Technician

Found 57 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,188 reviews

Not for everybody

Usually completely disorganized. Expect a lot of overtime, especially when your first starting and don't have much seniority. I've worked at worse places but there is a lot of room for improvement here.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life balance

Seasonal worker

Great place to work and pay is awesome as well. But as a seasonal worker you only have six months and your assignment is over unless a full-time position opens up. That's highly unlikely due to ppl not leaving or wanting to retire!!!

Pros

Pay, benefits, employee perks, and gifts for safety awards

Cons

Seasonal workers aren't guaranteed a job......six month and you're gone!!

Great place to work but the ability to switch shifts and advance isn’t really there. But over all great place to work. The people are great but management will rarely have your back.

Bad management

Management protects inviduals of kin , and allow certain rules to be broken while punishment is handed out to those who speak up about it. They get rid of you!!!!!!

Good starting job .terrible management.

If you wish to succeed and go up in a company... this isn't the company for you . There's alot of favoritism within the work place. The people you work with however make the job enjoyable. Pay is good hours aren't bad. They will say ur performance is key. It is a big company therefore you are just a number to them . Your numbers do not matter. As long as they get the day finished on time that's all they care for .

Pros

Pay, vacation

Cons

Management. Favorites.

Good job security. No for everyone

Not for actual experienced fleet Technician. They treat you like you know nothing and its union so everyone makes the same $. Benefits are not the great. Equipment is garbage!!

Pros

Job security

Cons

Equipment is junk

Service Technician

I enjoyed my time with Pepsi. Great benfits, great pay, just had no more advancement. Had freedom to and trust to do my job without someone breathing down my back.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

No advancement

Favoritism, politics, and discrimination

The work environment at PepsiCo drastically differs from each location. Unfortunately PepsiCo Fleet department In south and central Texas is a complete joke, should be on Comedy Central.Supervisors run around in circles all day nagging you, blowing the budget up, and causing all of the problems. They have no idea how a shop should run.Upper management is just as bad. 2 supervisors for a 2 bay shop, that 3 mechanics work in.. If you want to learn how to burn up brakes and throw the wrong parts on trucks it’s your place.

Pros

Move up with no experience

Cons

All supervisors and some techs wouldn’t be hired anywhere else

Discrimination, favoritism, and lots of polotics.

Pepsi is very liberal, and promotes the wrong ideas. Still overall a decent company, unfortunately each division is extremely different from the next. Pepsico Fleet division in Central/ South Texas is so bad, it should be on Comedy central.You have 2 supervisors over 4 workers?Shop is a complete dump, with multiple hazards, expecting you to work in the heat all day with no ventilation or airflow.Here you will face discrimination, favoritism, and lots of politics. They promote the worst techs. Techs and management will take credit for your work.The supervisors don't even know what a wrench is.. Supervisor would run a round in circles all day nagging you, and would probably get you a flux capacitor if you asked them to.

Pros

Impossible to get fired

Cons

Work with technicians and supervisors that would not be hired at any other company

Quaker Oats

I enjoyed my years at Quaker Oats Cupar and I would recommend it as a great place to work in engineering. They have a wide variety of old and new equipment, heavy rolls and lighter high speed packaging machinery. There is a good range of jobs in high kept shifts interesting and I never felt bored as there was always something to do maintenance or improvement wise.

Pros

Good pay on shifts. Time off and flexible holidays

Cons

No share scheme. Work every second weekend.

Jobs at PepsiCo

Technician positions
See more jobs

Mismanaged environment

Most of the management does not know how to do the work of the people they manage themselves. Be prepared to have to figure things out for yourself without proper guidance.

Not a bad company

The company is very large and growing. Family friendly company. Lots of training provided. Great pay and excellent benefits. Some upper management can be difficult.

Changes for success

This company is very good and enjoyable at times but with the way, management treats the employees, there are more rough times than good times. Many changes need to happen before a good review can spark.

Just keep looking. It's not worth it

We get treated like children, the people who get promoted are the ones who complain the most and work the least. Everything is about production numbers. They don't care about their people, even if you get hurt, have people call out or are on vacation, they still expect the same amount of production. We run a skeleton crew and produce more than other facilities just so management can get their bonuses. We get talked to like we are stupid, yet a majority of management can't do a quarter of what we do. We have family members working with family members. HR, local management and senior management can't agree on policy so we never get a straight answer. Management doesn't like when we have ideas that are better than theirs or when we try to make things easier for ourselves. We try new things to make our process more efficient but even if it works, if they don't like it, we can't do it.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

bad management, no growth opportunities

Repair is the better side to work for.

I honestly like working here. My boss isn’t bad and has a good understanding of what needs to be done. The pay is ok but the take home car makes all the difference. Always something to fix or install. You will constantly learn new things. Now to the complaint part. Being on call is a pain sometimes. I also wish there was a way to get more training on systems. Some days are haphazard and confusing.

Miss Managed and abusive to employees

Loading and moving machines alone in the rain with warped and tearing straps.... after that day i started to notice all the small things that were off about the place. ZERO of the management had leadership experience

Technician

I wasted the best years of my life working for PepsiCo and the refurb center started off in final prep in the year 2000 was never gave one promotion one job advancement for 18 years you had management change every two years supervisors and leads that have no work ethic don't want to problem solve very hostile environment

Good place to start a career.

Pepsico is a good place to start a career for young people. It is no longer innovative or creative. There is a lot more bureaucracy and mismanagement. Upward mobility is limited in some departments.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Management lacks direction and clear goals.

Service Managers need replaced

The service manager let's his best friend manage the technicians in the shop. The best friend just stands around and does nothing all day. The average pay for this department is $9 / hr and you put up with a lot of unnecessary drama.

Extremely negative

Everyone tries to backstab everyone, managers have no clue about the animosity. Easy work if you can deal with unfair biased management. If you are a brown noser you will do great here

Pros

Pay and kinda benefits

Cons

Coworkers, managers, inconsistencies

Good Luck

Good luck with this Outsourcing Shell of a Company. You will have 0 Job Security. Layoffs every other month. Zero culture. On the plus side I had a great team.

Cons

Job Security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6K
4.7K
3.1K
1.2K
1.2K

3.4Job security/advancement
  • PepsiCo
  • Technician
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?