Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews in Newbridge, County Kildare

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 5,363 reviews
Very clique atmosphere. Over friendly but not in a good way
Technology (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare1 January 2020
groups of people managers only eat together, analysts eat together. division from upper management. Fear mentality with Leads on site in some cases. few very nice leads
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
division between workers and site leads in some cases
Good working environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare28 November 2019
Good company to work for with a great work culture in a clean well organized method of product production from start to finish. Great opportunity to progress and learn with opportunities to improve. Like a lot of companies it falls a long way short with it’s tiered structure sometimes leaving personnel isolated from getting issues resolved.
Pfizer process operator role
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Newbridge10 May 2019
Worked in Effexor area on Encapsulation, it was a great job, training could have been a bit faster but I learned a lot quickly. It was a well established place - good people most there a long time. Management were fine, perhaps a bit slow on feedback on contract renewals but overall no issues, hardest part of job was knowing it was a contract role, enjoyable part was the work itself - not that challenging but busy and good people to work with. Pay was good and facilities were excellent.
Pros
good practises/people/facilities
Cons
contract work.
an ok place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare12 January 2017
I did not really enjoy working here it was very long hours and very bad pay and u were never guaranteed work also the management were not very nice people
Great opportunity's to learn knew skills
Master Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, KE3 June 2015
You will get great experience and encounter varied equipment and procedures. Some of the work is hard but you will gain knowledge and opportunity's you wont anywhere else.
Pros
Health insurance provided
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment.
Productive, Interesting, Challenging fun workplace
Manufacturing Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newbridge Co Kildare16 July 2014
o Managed 30 people on 3 cycle shifts to manufacture oral contraceptive tables (OC’s) to reach the required monthly volume.
o Produced up to 410 million tablets per month, achieving all volume and targets set.
o Managed 4 different areas in granulation, compression, coating and sorting.
o Responded quickly and efficiently to issues e.g. breakdowns, quality and personnel to reduce downtime and cost.
o Wrote manufacturing investigation reports (MIR’s) for issues for shift and the OC’s suite.
o Handled all attendance and personnel issues for the group, which included one-to-one’s on a monthly basis.
o Motivated and mentored all staff within the team to develop and reach their full potential.
o Regulated breakdown and preventative maintenance on a daily basis.
o Complied with all FDA, GMP and all safety requirements maintaining a ‘no accidents’ safety record for the shift.
o Reviewed batch documents for area and suite.
o Achieved a ‘right first time’ working practice.
productive and fun
manufacturing technician, (Former Employee) –  newbridge co kildare ireland28 January 2014
pfizer was an excellent place to work
and i was there for 17 years, how time flys by,
benefits
Cons
micro management
Great experience and shift bonus's
Quality analyst of Raw materials (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, WLS31 October 2013
Great experience for going into straight after university.
Good people to work with and for.
Pros
Experience, shift work
Cons
Dont live in newbridge
Fantastic place to work
Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, KE16 October 2013
Pfizer consisted of 3 , 12 hour shifts. One week we would work 3 nights , the next week 3 days and the following week 2 days and 2 nights . Typical day would consist of me arriving at work at 7am ,to gown up to be in my area for 7.30am for meeting with supervisor to find out days schedule . I learned an awful lot about the pharma busines in Pfizer , granulation , blending and drying of products being the most notable . My supervisor in Pfizer was an absolute magnificent boss and was everything any person should aspire to be if they were to become a supervisor . From day one my fellow colleagues made me feel so welcome and I can honestly say I made friends for life when I worked there . There were no hard parts to life in Pfizer as all colleagues got on so well together and worked hard to achieve the daily targets . The most enjoyable part was the good feeling in the area I worked in which made the 12 hour shift fly by.Also because I did 12 hour shifts we I had 4 days off every week because I did my 36 hours in 3 days.
Pros
Happy workforce, Vhi, pension, canteen
Senior Microbiologist 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Senior Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Newbridge, WLS23 August 2013
Dependable and conscientious embedded Senior Microbiologist seeking to utilize 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. I have a proven track record of achieving goals, and working to the highest standards while always displaying the values of team work, integrity and accountability.
For some not for many
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Newbridge8 January 2013
Testing to GMP requirements. Job itself is straightforward. I forgot more than I ever learned. In my opinion most managers are managers by connections rather than ability. Most of my co-workers did what they could despite the structures within the company. Certain co-workers are never held to account for underperforming. No comparision of like with like I was onse told that I wasn't being compared with the mean performance I was being compared against my best performance! Hardest part was to learn that no-one wanted to see a better way of doing things.
Pros
things are improving but it's like molasses rolling over treacle
Cons
no advancement, titles are given but no the money to match the titles