Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 79 reviews matching the search See all 5,376 reviews
Self directed culture within a outstanding organisation
Continuous Improvement Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Ireland9 February 2014
Delivering Lipitor product to the world market

self direct teams are a very effective structure with empowerment

managers are leaders that are focused on doing the right thing

Exceptional co-workers and natural leaders

Full supply chain focused role

huge development opportunities
productive and fun
manufacturing technician, (Former Employee) –  newbridge co kildare ireland28 January 2014
pfizer was an excellent place to work
and i was there for 17 years, how time flys by,
benefits
Cons
micro management
Motivated and Encouraging
Data Co-ordinator, Operations Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2014
This company has a great work culture, it allows staff to find a good work/life balance. It provides great opportunities to gain experience in many areas and career progression.
Pros
Friendly work culture
Cons
Some long hours
Great experience and shift bonus's
Quality analyst of Raw materials (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, WLS31 October 2013
Great experience for going into straight after university.
Good people to work with and for.
Pros
Experience, shift work
Cons
Dont live in newbridge
Great sales experience
Project/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D30 October 2013
First real experience in the working world. Got great insight into the sales world.
Fantastic place to work
Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, KE16 October 2013
Pfizer consisted of 3 , 12 hour shifts. One week we would work 3 nights , the next week 3 days and the following week 2 days and 2 nights . Typical day would consist of me arriving at work at 7am ,to gown up to be in my area for 7.30am for meeting with supervisor to find out days schedule . I learned an awful lot about the pharma busines in Pfizer , granulation , blending and drying of products being the most notable . My supervisor in Pfizer was an absolute magnificent boss and was everything any person should aspire to be if they were to become a supervisor . From day one my fellow colleagues made me feel so welcome and I can honestly say I made friends for life when I worked there . There were no hard parts to life in Pfizer as all colleagues got on so well together and worked hard to achieve the daily targets . The most enjoyable part was the good feeling in the area I worked in which made the 12 hour shift fly by.Also because I did 12 hour shifts we I had 4 days off every week because I did my 36 hours in 3 days.
Pros
Happy workforce, Vhi, pension, canteen
Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 October 2013
Very enjoyable site to work at. Excellent employees and very good managers.
Pros
Staff treated very well. Celebrate successes.
Lab Analyst, QC Cell Culture and Potency (Current Employee) –  Clondalkin, D10 October 2013
Typical day at work involves passaging cells, making growth media for cells, reviewing others work, training new analysts or analysts on work swop trials, ensuring all equiptment is within spec. Each day varies with the structure of work planned. Co-workers are always available for questions. Most enjoyable part of the job is the great freinds and people I have made and met, while working in a positive atmosphere.
Pros
Odd free lunch, free tea/Coffee
Innovative in customer care, best practices, employee health and safety.
Calibration Technician, Metrologist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D4 September 2013
Perfectly co-ordinated management schedule. Emphasis on customer care and employee health and safety and statutory and regulatory compliance. Striving to be the No. 1 preferred supplier of all manufactured products.
Pros
Clean comfortable enviroment with all recourses needed to complete tasks.
Cons
Some Shift pattern requirements
Senior Microbiologist 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Senior Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Newbridge, WLS23 August 2013
Dependable and conscientious embedded Senior Microbiologist seeking to utilize 7+ years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. I have a proven track record of achieving goals, and working to the highest standards while always displaying the values of team work, integrity and accountability.
Great Multinational company
Bilingual Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D20 June 2013
Very effective team work. Great training and services. State of the Art technology at our disposal
Excellent working environment
EMEA Incident Co-Ordinator Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 May 2013
Excellent working environment.
They provided additional training and where very accommodating during exams
good job and pay lots of good people and a nice canteen for eating
bio chemical operator (Former Employee) –  dublin24 April 2013
very good to work for good work conditions and a fun place and planty of time off
Pros
very good pay
Before and After
Finance (Current Employee) –  Dublin44 February 2013
I have been working for 8 years and cant complaint until end of last year that all management have left the company and been replaced with new people with no enough experience in relation with their roles.
Pros
good company in general
Cons
new management
An enjoyable place to work with good inhouse support.
Production Support (Former Employee) –  Cork22 January 2013
*Start at 7.00 am.Review solvent levels for the site.Meet with Procurement to discuss and order Solvent deliveries and also factor in any changes to the Production Plan.
*Production plans are not exact and you need to be flexible and dynamic to meet sudden changes.
*Management are always supportive.
*Co-workers are extremely co-operative.
*Forecasting is difficult in a daily changing enviornment.It needs constant monitoring to ensure supply is available at all times for production.
*Dealing with countless suppliers and inhouse departments gives great variation.
Pros
excellent conditions and opportunities within
For some not for many
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Newbridge8 January 2013
Testing to GMP requirements. Job itself is straightforward. I forgot more than I ever learned. In my opinion most managers are managers by connections rather than ability. Most of my co-workers did what they could despite the structures within the company. Certain co-workers are never held to account for underperforming. No comparision of like with like I was onse told that I wasn't being compared with the mean performance I was being compared against my best performance! Hardest part was to learn that no-one wanted to see a better way of doing things.
Pros
things are improving but it's like molasses rolling over treacle
Cons
no advancement, titles are given but no the money to match the titles
excellemt place to work
PRincipal Scientist (Current Employee) –  dublin17 September 2012
Very dynamic place to work. Lots of scope to learn new skills
Very productive and a knowledgeable place to work.
construction/Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pfizer Inchera28 August 2012
In my time in the Pfizer plant i worked in both construction and maintenance as an Electrician which gave me a vast amount of knowledge of the lay out of the production buildings and utilities lay outs.Every day had new challenges and there were some great people working there that shared their knowledge with meand i with them.It also showed me the difference in work between construction and maintenance and the organiseing of day to day chores such as ppm's and the necessity of permit to work rules and isolation permits being implemented.The hardest part of my job was shutting down the plant over a 4 year period and further to that over seeing the stripping out of equipment that i had worked on many times over the years,it was also tough bidding farewell to some of the 250 strong workforce that were made redundant.The most enjoyable part of my job was both the experience i gained and the people that i have met and become friendly with.
Pros
very good company to work for.
Cons
going to work at 4 am on christmas morning.